Age's End Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Gninja, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gninja Developer

Please post any feedback as well as any bugs encountered for the Age's End event. To start the quest you can find the Duality near the docks of either Qeynos or Freeport. This should be available as of now on the Beta server.

Please be aware that some players wish to not know any spoiler information so if something is overly lore heavy and must be detailed for explaining an issue feel free to send your feedback to me in a Private Message.

Happy testing!
  2. Gninja Developer

The event is now also active on the test server!
  3. Kaitheel Developer

Note that it does require you to have completed "Tears of Veeshan: Falling Tears" to start it.

~ Kaitheel
  4. Gninja Developer

Neener neener, beat ya!
    Kaitheel likes this.
  5. Gninja Developer

The server wasn't playing nice with our testing tonight so we will reschedule another night once we get the kinks ironed out. Thank to everyone who came out to help!
  6. Hammdaddy Active Member

Thanks for killing me!
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

I was unable to get going tonight. I'll get myself set up tomorrow so I'll be sure to be present for the next date (work permitting).
  8. Ucala00 New Member

the mobs have way too much hp for a x2. as far as EM goes, it's def not "puggable" that you devs were hoping for.
    idk what you guys think pugs are capable of, but all that jousting is not one of them.
    but I like the way it is, cause I still think it shouldn't be puggable
  9. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

General
    -Mobs' health way too overtuned for the difficulty it was designed for.
    -All enemies have some sort of extra mitigation that cause lower than intended damage from all Spells and CAs, only Procs worked to be able to damage the enemies. Priests and Tanks were outdpsing DPS classes due to the procs they had.

First Encounter (3 Shards/Crystals):
    -You were able to attack the Shield around the crystal while all 4 npcs surrounding were alive.
    -When you did attack it with the 4 npcs alive, it disappeared while still remaining alive and unable to continue the script.

2nd Encounter (Roehn Theer):
    -Very fun fight!
    -Curses would apply their AE damage too fast.
    -Godly Draw could cause issues if you were tossed against a wall or one of the Pillars around the zone, making you die upon impact when the Godly Pullin didn't work. Fun mechanic, could use some tweaks considering the surroundings.
    -Godly Draw caused issue with the other mechanics.

3rd Encounter (General):
    -Swords weren't working. Couldn't test properly due to this issue.
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I'm first working my way through the solo steps now on my Test character - a level 95 warden with mostly ToV quest gear and only 3 pieces of cryptic gear, to try to see how rough it is for the lower end of the gear spectrum.

Ouch! Many of those solo trash mobs hit like Mack trucks! They were definitely feistier than expected, though it was mostly survivable. We didn't get into trouble until one spot in Mistmoore, and that was one of those "oops, roamer hit at the wrong time and I didn't heal fast enough" bits. Revived, took the rest of the mobs out no problem.

The runes that dropped in the second instance (Mistmoore) confused me, as there seemed to be no real reason for them. Examine showed them as being needed for the quest, but there was nothing in the journal tracking them, there were non-stacking duplicates dropping and it seemed, at least on the surface, like needless inventory-filler. They did auto-delete from inventory when I completed Ages End: Final Monolith (or deleted on zoning and I missed it), but I'm still puzzled by their inclusion.

I'll tackle Ages End: Pieces Assembled once I've gotten some sleep. I'll also get a beefier character copied over to Beta to test those same mobs out with someone who's got a lot more ToV instancing under her belt. :)
  11. Chrol Developer

For now we're going to leave the health as is until the issues with damage on test/beta are resolved. We'll consider adjusting it after that point.

Both issues involving the crystals should be resolved with the next update.

Thanks!
  12. Senya Well-Known Member

I've done the quests up to the x2 raid, which I'd love to do. Is there any plans for anyone to run this later today? I just logged off of beta and there wasn't a single other person on the server.
  13. GIndotto Well-Known Member

The 2 minutes I was in the zone pulling trash I had fun not doing any damage. This is good news for when damage actually works - even more fun to be had!
  14. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

The ghostly npc's in the tower instance, their corpses despawn within 2 seconds of killing them (whether they had loot or not).
    I'm geared with overcharged/energized and pretty much one shot everything in the solo parts of the quest. Of course they also pretty much one shot me if they manage to get close enough to hit me.
    The X2 instance. I played with it a bit and noticed that I could range the crystals without getting aggro from the surrounding enemies. However, when I range hit them, they disappeared from target and could not be targeted again.

To Niami: The runes, it's unclear what they're for until you try to open a door and get text in the chat window telling you it's locked by 6 runes. Maybe "red text" that message on that door?
  15. Darkon Well-Known Member

We did it yesterday Senya. No one is able to deal damage outside of procs. Fixed on next beta build. I streamed it yesterday and it's archived in past broadcasts. I'll also be sharing it when the new build comes out and we go back to test it.

@ twitch.tv/vizshus - throw me a follow if you want to know when I go live. Usually mon-thurs 5-9 PST.
  16. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Running the questline now however ran into a bug issue not sure if it's attached to the questline or beta server but tried going into options to enable my compass and got EQ2 client application error and crashed. When I came back in I was outside the tower and had to restart the special instance trash wasn't much of a problem for me and my merc.
  17. Gninja Developer

It's unrelated to the questline. We are working on a fix for it already. Thanks!
  18. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Thanks G minor issue but come on I'm a Templar not a dps machine that's like 10 minutes out of my precious game time that I have to repeat lol.
  19. Silzin Active Member

If you run the Castle with more then 1 person all of the runes need to be on one person... if not then the last door can not be opened. I recommend the Shinies be able to be gathered by each person.
  20. Kaitheel Developer

The shinies are already collectable by everyone. They don't despawn when one player collects it. The reason that one of you may not see it is due to having already got that same rune as loot from one of the mobs in the zone.

~ Kaitheel
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.