Age's End Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Gninja, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faelen Active Member

Same thing happened for us, but then we reset the zone and were able to do it all again. This time however the quest reverted after killing Roehn Theer...We killed the general to see if that would somehow update it but it did not =(
  2. Serik Active Member

Multiple raid members trying to advance the quest at the start (prior to the shield generator encounter) caused the script to double up. The third shield generator had no trash mobs around it and was unattackable. Forced to reset.
  3. xOcOx Member

Our first run on it had no mobs spawn at one of the crystals & therefore it couldn't be attacked. Warped out & reset.
    Second main pass the crystals all went down like they should, with all mobs spawned. But then the quest reset after the script where Roehn becomes targetable. It read destroy the crystals 0/3 again. We never did kill Roehn, no staff was dropping.
  4. Ketu Member

I believe I ran it with xOcOx (it was a PUG). If you get an instance without mobs at one of the crystals, go ahead and reset it because we became stuck at 2/3 crystals after clearing the east and west wings. We could not target or attack the North crystal.

The second run, we cleared east, then north, and then west. Tried pulling Roehn a few times...we burned him down to 70-80% each time but we couldn't locate Fironia's staff visually, using tab, or track harvestable. We tried to power through the blue text (Roehn Theer prepares to unleash deadly destruction!) but that was fruitless and the raid split up.

All in all, really fun zone! Interesting, engaging mechanics and overall design. I can't wait to run it again once everything is fixed and working properly.
  5. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Quest bugged out for us as well. Not really happy about this.

Why not have it drop an actual chest instead of relying on bugged quests to reward people from completing the zone?
  6. Serik Active Member

The quest is not updating properly. My entire x2 stalled at "Firiona Vie and Roehn Theer have arrived!" and could not progress past that point despite clearing the zone. This was attempt number 2.
  7. Ucala Well-Known Member

did you guys pick up the swords? also if you had many people hail the updates, it can bug out
  8. Ucala Well-Known Member

that happens if you have multiple people hail the npcs
  9. Faelen Active Member

We had a designated person do all the hailing, but we ended up with the quest reverting after killing roehn theer...
  10. Ucala Well-Known Member

did you leave the zone and come back? cause it states in the thing that it has to all be done at once
  11. Faelen Active Member

We zoned in, but it bugged out with firiona vie, so we all zoned out and everyone reset so we had a fresh zone, and in that fresh zone wee did the whole thing without leaving
  12. Ucala Well-Known Member

did you restart the quest when you zoned back into the fresh instance?
  13. Faelen Active Member

The quest was reset to the initial stage for everyone yes, we checked that before we started killing
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

well that was all the bugs I ran into. /shrugs
  15. Kaladz Active Member

The quest is not updating properly. In our group, lots got stuck on the "Firiona Vie and Roehn Theer have arrived!" step while only a few people updated past this step.
  16. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

I attempted the x2 twice today. The first run was with a pug, and our progress was stalled by the bug where the 3rd crystal didn't have mobs around it and wasn't targetable. My second run was with Kaladz, and I was one of the party members who got stuck on "Firiona Vie and Roehn Theer have arrived!" When we first zoned in, we also had an issue where when someone hailed the queen and overlord, only some of us got updates, and the rest of us had to hail one at a time. Sounds like that might have been the cause of our later problems, but even knowing that I'm not sure what we should have done about the initial problem where it failed to update half of the party when the designated person hailed the NPCs.

Aside from the trouble we've been having, I have to say the Age's End content today was very cool, and I've been enjoying the X2 despite the problems. Once the kinks are ironed out I think it'll be big fun!
  17. Hammdaddy Active Member

18. Ucala Well-Known Member

we ran the x2 twice yesterday, first time everyone on the storyline part.
    first bug was everyone hailing and the quest reseting itself.
    than we had just 1 person hail and everyone in the raid got their updates/quest completed.

2nd time in raid we had a few people on the storyline and a few people on the repeatable.
    having 1 person (who was on the storyline) do the hailing and at the end of the raid we had 2 people with the storyline (or of 4 in the raid) get their updates/quest completed, and 1 person on the repeatable finish that one. the rest in the raid were bugged.

if only Fatality tested this on beta...
  19. Gninja Developer

The issues are being caused by the zone trying to keep everyone updated together and checking if anyone fell behind or got ahead of the zone. This was us trying to make it more painless to do a quest while raiding but in fact just made it more complicated and more points of failure for lag to affect such things. We will be reviewing it today and get all the kinks worked out and simplifying the entire process. The known issues I have are as follows:

- Multiple players hailing at the same time can create lag spikes where some or all players get reverted a stage.
    - When returning to Jorlak after defeating the 3 crystals hailing him can reset the quests. DO NOT hail him when you return to center till we get a fix in for this. Returning to the center should progress your quest without hailing him. The update takes a few seconds because of him activating his script.
    - Multiple players trying to pick up the Lifeguide staff at same time can create lag spikes that revert some or all players back a few stages.
    - After defeating General Velryyn the quest sometimes only updates the group of the person hailing Firiona Vie. For now have one person in each group coordinate their hails for Firiona Vie and Theer.

We will be addressing all of the above issues asap. If you see anything outside the listed above please let me know here or via PM the more details the better!
  20. Cleaner Active Member

Okay, One person Hails for update, lag spike took exactly 73 seconds for the raid to get the update BOTH times, Ring event trigger is causing the lag spike. RT's Curse is incurable aoe zone wide instead of area based for the cursed victim. To me Using common knowledge from most Curse based explosions the initial idea is to run like hell, This cannot be done seems to hit anywhere. The debuff seems to work great and with the effects doesn't lag the zone out so thats a huge plus. The actual ring event zone is the only laggy buggy portion of this entire quest.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.