Not A Bug About that Daybreak Commerce Maintenance - February 25, 2021...

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I got in just fine after 1:00 am PST, but when I tried to /camp to another character on that same server of Thurgadin about half an hour later, I kept on getting the infamous "Trying login server #1..." (always a bad sign), followed by either "Could not connect to a login server. The servers may be busy [really, really doubt that]; please try again in a few minutes" or "Login rejected: Invalid username or password. [spoiler alert: it wasn't. If it had been, it would've squawked at me long before that point] Please try again." etc., etc., etc.

I could log in just fine (after being booted), but I couldn't pick a toon from the usual drop-down menu; had to hit the big orange-red (and my color-impaired/-blind buddies hate that color choice, btw) PLAY button. It went through the motions to get to the Character Select screen, but always hung up on the Everquest II Reign of Shadows splash page (with the spirit gal looming over the Vah Shir dude on his throne, surrounded by spirit critters), bleating those two or three errors (yes, I've tried more than once). :-/

And yes, I did try the suggestions for getting around a 4-503 error; didn't work. :-/ What silly little files do I have to delete now? Neither my username nor password were entered incorrectly in any of those times I'd tried to deal with that error. :-/

I haven't tried getting back into the US servers or Public Test; I'll give those a go. If those are foobar'd as well, I'll be happier; if it's only screwing up Thurgadin, I'll be really, really annoyed (but I guess that's what I deserve for leaving those poor sods 'til the end). >:-/

EDIT: Okay, I've successfully gotten into Antonia Bayle, in the US (what is it with the Thurgadin hate?). However, my modified Defaults are all messed up now, and my lovely formerly Default dark blue is back to the more recent Default puked-up-blood red, which I can do without. Currently looking for help in how to change it back to the blue. Haven't tried to /camp to another toon; I'll try that next. Wish me luck; send me thoughts and prayers.

EDIT: Ah-ha! Interesting! Tried to /camp to a toon on Maj'Dul; not sure if I should've just been content to stay on Antonia Bayle, even with just that one toon I'd logged in on. For whatever reason, all I got for my troubles was "Login rejected: Invalid username or password. Please try again." when I hadn't actually logged in for at least a few minutes, and that was to successfully get into game with my first toon on AB. It did give me the Old School login box, with Toon 2's name, and everything filled in but the password (guess it liked my username well enough?). Filled in what they wanted and: "Trying login server #1..." then "Trying login server #2", 3, etc. until: "Could not connect to a login server. The servers may be busy [again, doubt it]; please try again in a few minutes."

I will say this for the US Live (ha!) servers; at least they give me the Character Select drop-down list option at login, which Thurgadin had not. Should've suspected something right there... :-/

So! Silver lining; Thurgadin, apparently, isn't the only screwed-up server. Gonna try Public Test next. ;->

EDIT: Public Test accepted everything I had until: after the initial splash page after a quite, quite successful login. It accused me of having invalid theses and thats, but did give me the Old School login box, back in my beloved original Default dark blue! :)

Well! I input the password, the toon I wanted to come in on, clicked the button, and everything disappeared. X-P

Tried Public Test again; jumped through all hoops necessary until the tease of the "you logged in just fine! Have a lovely decorative splash page whilst I get you over to the Character Select screen! You'll love it! :D" bit, then the infamous, the by-now truly, truly despised "Trying login server #1...", then "Login rejected: YOU ARE INVALID", for all intents and purposes. It's getting a mite discouraging, say I. :-/

EDIT: Tried once again with Public Test. GOT IN!! :D But now I'm afraid to try to /camp to another toon here... :-/

Maybe I should just /camp to Character Select and do it that way...

EDIT: Okay! Tried just /camping to Character Select. No dice! "Could not connect to a login server, because this game's so awesome, everyone wants to play it RIGHT NOW in the midst of an apparently very unstable 24 hour commerce maintenance! What error will you get next? :D"

So, I can only think that I'd wasted the three characters available to me, one from each country and Public Test, on these experiments. Sigh. :-/

Erollisi Day lasts until 11:59 pm on the 26th, right? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna, Krupnik, Juraiya and 6 others like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

BTW, the ONLY error I DIDN'T get was the one quoted in the official announcement; no "LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit https://help.daybreakgames.com for assistance." bit, which is what I was expecting. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna, Meisa, WhysperWynde and 4 others like this.
  3. Matik Member

"you will still be able to login and play"

[IMG]
  4. Kattt Well-Known Member

I cannot get in either, and tried that 4-503 fix as well. Now just says could not connect to login server. Now that I have spent a huge part of my last 3 weeks trying to fix my last problem, in which there is still an open ticket, I wanted to try to catch up on the eday events.
    If this was going to not enable us to play, it would have simply been better to tell us the whole game would be down for 24 hours, extend the event for whatever time you are down, and then I could have gone and found something else to do in the meantime, knowing what is actually going on. Now I have just added additional frustrations to the game that was already making me pull my hair out. =(
  5. Kattt Well-Known Member

*****UPDATE -- I think I found a temporary fix, or a sometimes fix. For now.
    I found when the screen popped up asking me to type in my username and password, I was leaving the character name blank (thinking I would select from the character select screen,) and the server name was already there. So when logging in it would say could not connect to server.
    So on a hunch, after they said it would forget login info, I got to thinking after that and reading the above posts, that maybe the character select screen is not working right/wanting to load. So upon trying like a 6-7th time, I tried putting in all information including the name of the character I was logging into. This worked!

Like Uwkete above said, I too am afraid to try another character and log out at all, but when I have exhausted all eday quests on the character that made it in, I will update if another gets in.

So basically, with whatever is going on, the character select screen feature is not working and you have to log directly into a character and possibly only camp to the next one you want. So, just hope everyone remembers all the correct spellings of their toons! Luckily I had mine written down. But if it helps, some characters you can check on EQ2U.

I will update after and good luck all! =P

Update #2 Apparently leaving a house to go to another zone, just resulted in dumping the game entirely. I tabbed to another screen to read a webpage while it loaded, and went back and suddenly realized the application had closed! So I can't even tell you what happened or why. I have been trying to get back in for like 10 mins to no avail..so my above fix is not a guarantee...just a possible help.
    Uhh...there we go...it is back in again. So fellow deco-people, and other players, don't give up. Apparently eq2 for the next 24 hours is going to be like a trip to Atlantic City and playing the slots. =P Or like a box of chocolates..."you never know what you are going to get." Keep trying if you have the patience or in my case, the eq2 addiction!
    Good luck!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I can't log in either, I keep getting the message that all the login servers are busy. It's 5:30am; if the servers are too busy now (and it was too busy at 1:30am as well), then what would it be like later, when people wake up at a reasonable hour?

Seriously, why not just be honest with us and tell us that EQ2 was going to be DOWN for the day? And why not, if we're going to be honest as well, just not have extended Erollisi Day out until the end of the 25th, since we can't even get on during the 25th? Why not just say it was only going to be extended only one day, since that's all we'd be able to play?

I'm quite willing to figure that I wouldn't be able to play today (that was what I had originally been planning, until you guys said you would extend Erollisi until the end of the day today), but you need to be up front and HONEST about things. Right now, I'm very disappointed in what I feel is a great dishonesty on the part of Daybreak.

Edit: Just to make it clear, I AM filling in all fields, including the field for character name. Makes no difference; it keeps showing all the login servers one by one, then says they're all busy. This has been going on for 15 minutes. I really wish Daybreak would be honest with us for a change.
  7. Siren Well-Known Member

Haha okay, login servers still down at 8:25am.

Oh well, I'll go out and play with the hamsters who got loose and are trampling in the sunshine! :)

See y'all later.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  8. Juraiya Well-Known Member

No. It was extended to last until the end of the day TODAY. But that was misleading, since we can't log in today, so really it was only extended until 1am this morning.
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

Yeah, and it's only 7am PST in CA so they aren't even aware there's a login server problem. I just tried to log in again now, and the login servers are still down. Maybe I'll go bake dark chocolate coconut brownies.
  10. Trilly Active Member

They just are not working as intended it appears! I was able to log in first thing this morning using their protocol of entering your account info when the little black error screen comes up...I played on two char and when switching to my third I got booted. Have not been able to log back in as am getting the "servers may be busy...wait a few minutes" screen. It has now been over an hour so am thinking they broke their own "work around".../sigh
  11. Blacklash New Member

Sighs.........
  12. Claws Member

All I get is the launch pad telling me to try there work around, I did and nothing changed. Launched the game through the file system and got to the enter used name and password then the trying to login to server and back to enter user name and password. It will not even let me delete the game.
  13. Siren Well-Known Member

Awwww....don't delete. :(
  14. Claws Member

Well, the delete Idea is out the window seeing I can not or the game will not let me delete it, get a run time error and I do not feel like reinstalling windows to get rid of it, But I still can not log into the game
  15. Taolas New Member

Why on Norath would you reinstall WIndows? It's a server side issue be patient they will fix it.
  16. Bludd Well-Known Member

the login servers are having issues so if you just wait until they are up again things should work better
  17. Bludd Well-Known Member

seems like things are up again
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

They said it would be down for 24 hours, not 12... :-/

As long as it's working... /shrug

Uwk
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

According to Kaitheel in the Test Forum:

(sorry, had to double-check [and don't you scare me like that, J! :eek: I thought I was remembering correctly :confused:] I was counting on him being right vs. other Powers [he looks out for all us crafters!], and it's not over until tonight at 11:59 pm...I'll double-check in-game, providing I can ever get in)

EDIT: OMG OMG OMG!!! Even better! :D

From Dreamweaver:

"Erollisi Day will now conclude on 2/28 at 11:59 PM"

Hoo-de-hoo! :D

Uwk
    Juraiya likes this.
  20. Bludd Well-Known Member

i was referring to the login problems, not the marketplace/commerce stuff