A Note from Jenn Chan

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by JChan, Jun 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inyuyasha Member

I second that motion hehe... or at least a protege of hers or someone that can channel her vision of TS
  2. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Highly doubt it. She's a Senior Level Designer for EA/BioWare now, and I think she's working on the new Dragon Age (or maybe the big Anthem update?).

Great follow on Twitter though: @pentapod
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I am confused what is the pack we got I found a purple meatbeast in my claim , is that it ? :)
    I's the perfect color and it flies thanks and I love the name of the pack the Development Kudo's reward ;) :D
    Or is it Samenda Honorhoof ?
  4. Tagg Member

Thank you very much for the update and the transparency. I must admit to being (pleasantly) surprised by a second note from you so quickly. This is a change for the better, and a trend that I hope continues moving forward!
  5. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

I find it funny that the message was copy pasted on the EQ1 & EQ2 forums and its the exact same. Same issues, same reply, same solution(s).. Apparently.

To me this confirms that its not the games having issues, but the fact that you are moving everything on to a cloud service that obviously isnt the same performance as a server rack that requires a dedicated OPS. On a spreadsheet budget this might look amazing, but for your players its a goddamn nightmare.

This needed to be fixed months ago, at least for EQ2 and its just completely game breaking at this point.

Sorry for being the negative Andy again, but I've seen the exact same promises for a lot of expansions and with Luclin being by far the worst one ever released, I have to see it before I can believe it.
    Observing likes this.
  6. Myxx <Into Harms Way> Maj'Dul

This!^
    Thank you Jenn for your honesty and transparency. While we're on that note, can you elaborate on what " new things" might be excluded this year?

Are we talking the Summer Ethereals and Day's of Summer Events or just no new Heroic and Raid zones til the new expac.
  7. Indabuff Active Member

To me this is what has been lacking. Not that there are issues, there will always be issues. Its being open about that. Its admitting when you may be at fault. Its showing the players the respect of responding, and taking their concerns to heart. You have my patience, and my respect.
  8. Dragoneyes Lionhair Member

I've been subscribed and playing EQ2 since 2006. That said, I deeply appreciate your candor in this statement as well as all the work your team is putting in to "right the ship" as it were. I wish you success beyond your wildest expectations, because your success ultimately is good for the game as well as the player base. Thank you!!
  9. Dilon Active Member

it's too little too late for me. There's an apology thread two or three times a year and nothing ever changes. Blood of Luclin should never, ever have been released in its launch day state. Any thing else I could say will come off as too vitriolic so I will just leave it at that. Sincerely I wish you the best of luck because EQ2 will hold a special place in my heart forever, but you will get no more of my money.
    Gregore likes this.
  10. Peredhel Active Member

Thank you very much for the update; the increased communication is much appreciated, as is the difficulties faced with the new work environment.

I, like others, have been playing since 2004; EQ2 has been my go-to escape from the real world. Not for raiding, but for overland quests, tradeskilling and decorating, mostly.. Looking forward to further improvements and updates from you and the teams.

The only time one fails is when one fails to try.
  11. Barbarosa_Rex Member

Appreciate you keeping us informed and the efforts to improve our beloved EQ2
  12. roubin New Member

@Jrox

From someone that had to level "Sense Heading" in EQ1, offer more of a critique than a rant. It will definitely help your standpoint.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

As I've been a vocal critic of past information-free producer's letters and lip service, I have to give Jen's letter a lot of credit here. While it leaves out some of the technological specifics which I find interesting, I know that discretion is often necessary. Still, it sounds like there's been a recognition that players have experienced a roller coaster in the past few months. It seems like now is the ideal time to have a gifted programmer with deep experience into what makes EQ and EQ2 tick at the helm.

This, along with the admission in a recent podcast that the Blood of Luclin expansion just plain wasn't ready but was pushed to live servers anyway is transparency that, while may be bad from a Public Relations standpoint, is absolutely necessary to mend customer trust. I vigorously support the idea of tapping the brakes and slowing down on new things to take time to stabilize the existing game.

Once the technological issues are addressed, it will be interesting to see what happens next. We still have a disconnect between what type of gameplay is easiest to develop, which gameplay is profitable, and which gameplay is enjoyable for players. I still believe that the metric of which zones players run most frequently is being overused to draw conclusions about which zones and content types are *fun*. Highly rewarding content can be unfun.
  14. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

The purple meatbeast was earned on Test... for participating in, I think, the Erollisi Day public quest? I still have a couple of them in /claim, too.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  15. Zell Member

i would give dollars to donuts to know the number of item indexes the game is up to now, i know that grouping the indexes a lot of times reduces latency with iden, but with the number you guys are probably at it would surprise me if that's not 90% of the issue with whats been going on.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ahh ok I found that meat beast on a live server but owe I want more of those they are so cute .
    I very often leave things in my claim window , because I can't make up my mind what toon to give them to
    so there are mounts and mercs and familiars sitting in limbo waiting for somebody to pick them up .
  17. Mnoizr Member

Don't worry ... I am sure we will get a corresponding reduction is cost if they reduce their delivered feature set. :^)
  18. parissa Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for the mount... It is so cute... :D
  19. Lumineux New Member

Hi. My account gave me the message that I was eligible for a gift as a thankyou. My account has a non-lore but heirloom bag of great escape from a previous gift/purchase. However, when I want to claim my bag, it did not show up as advertised. This is not true of my other account which does not have a Bag of Great Excape. I also bought the BoL expansion on both. QUESTION: what happened to the item I am supposed to be able to claim?
  20. Carribea Active Member

thank you for the communication and the mount thing......but could you please tell me why my Spotted Baby Bovoch no longer shrinks me.....will this be restored?.....cause honestly i only bought them on my toons for that reason......unrelated to this, a bit ......but what i am trying to say is....i'd rather get my shrink back vs another mount lol
    Quillyne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.