A Note from Jenn Chan

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by JChan, Jun 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! I still remember when the Powers, back when it was SOE, spent $400/hour on fancy-schmancy consultants trying to figure out what we wanted as players...when we were offering numerous suggestions/comments/criticisms/etc. on a regular basis for free. :-/

And they might not be able to tell us what all they're doing to fix things, either because it's too technical for most of us (/raising_paw) or trade secrets or all or none of the above, etc. Considering they're busier than a one-armed person hanging wallpaper and came out with the sub-studios whilst trying to get out an expac simultaneously (not what I would've done with a reduced staff, but then, I'm not in charge ;->) and then got hit with the global pandemic affecting everything, I think they're doing all right, and patience is a virtue. :)

Uwk
    SolarFaire, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

[emphasis mine]

I will have to agree with this, at least this point here. I still don't understand, though I remember seeing it in the Dev posts here when it was happening (talk about tl;dr, though), why all our gear below (I'm guessing) level 100 had to be as drastically nerfed as it has been for some time now, especially gear we can craft ourselves. Were people not doing the quests for gear rewards any more? Were those who'd found Attuneable gear drops getting all cranky-pants and threatening to rage-quit when no one was buying their stuff for 1000s of plat on the Broker, 'cause the stuff we could make was at least comparable? Were we all blowing through fights so fast and easily due to the awesomeness of our Handcrafted and Mastercrafted gear that we were getting to the level caps too quickly (that's mainly due to jerks that want to "win" or "break" the game by hitting the "I dood it first!! I dood it first! Hahahahahaha!" banner before anyone else), getting bored after "winning" in 24 or 48 or 72 hours and then leaving? :-/

I think any further nerfing beyond that is symptomatic of whatever it was that got us punished for wanting to be Armorers and Weaponsmiths in the first place; at least Tailors and Jewelers and Woodworkers can do other things than just make adventuring gear. :-/

Uwk
    SolarFaire, Rosyposy and Jrox like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

She still up in the Great White North? :(

Uwk
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I don't Twit, but is she on Facebook? :)

Uwk
    SolarFaire and Breanna like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hopefully the latter...if those are who they're "catering to exclusively" as some have claimed, then those folks can just wait until things get nailed down and dusted off. ;->

And just about anyone can do the Days of Summer... :D

Uwk
    who actually hopes the Days this year doesn't include Luclin... :-/
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! That's a problem with "1 per server"...an issue I have (besides that ;->), is remembering to get all of the "1 per character" ones out of /claim, what with all the dozens of toons in the Horde. ;->

Uwk
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woo-hoo! Thanks! :D

Uwk
    SolarFaire, Dude and Breanna like this.
  8. Alarra Well-Known Member

Thanks for the explanation and the free mount.
    SolarFaire, Aelissa, Dude and 2 others like this.
  9. kloree Member

Since transparency and communication are a thing now how bout a lot of love for your tradeskillers and decorators that have gotten the shaft in this last expansion.
  10. Redd Member

You just got a customer back thank you for the communication.
  11. FalconClash Well-Known Member

I was a little disappointed to learn we can only claim one mount per account. I was really hoping to get one for all 8 of my chars, but at least its heirloom so they can share, i suppose.

Thank you, I love blue glowy things!
  12. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I wish stuff could be claimed "1 per server!" One per account is not very useful for us alt-o-holics... I have over 50 characters on each of my two all-access accounts. Still... I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. ;) Still trying to decide which of my characters who dress in blue will be the lucky recipients. That narrows the field to four characters on one account and eight on the other.
  13. FalconClash Well-Known Member

LoL, I have my hands full just keeping up with my 8 (on 4 different accounts) with my limited internet access. It is heirloom, so you can always switch it if you change you mind.
  14. ianiention New Member

Thanks for the update.
  15. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Swapping the mount around works... IF the toons are on the same server. ;)
  16. Goldheart Member

Thanks for the mea culpa and commitment to getting it right. I have to admit I was apprehensive about Windstalker's departure and splitting DBG into a 3-headed hydra. I'm glad none of it forebodes the unthinkable. Looking forward to a brighter future for EQ2 and the EQ franchise as a whole. Cheers!
  17. Aelissa Well-Known Member

I would hope with the continued craziness going on in the US cities over the last month, and the world as a whole that people, (customers) would have some sincere concern for your safety, well being and some compassion when it comes to any downtime, setbacks, or bugs you are trying to work out, it was very kind of you all to still give us a gift-and explanation too.

Thank you for continuing the verant legacy, I have enjoyed EQ1/EQ2 since I was 12 and understand that it has changed ownership many times, having some new folks to help it out, and some let go, and a few that have seen it grow up like it's been their child -developing it to suit our needs, and requests and players/raiders/crafters/decorators ect. BTW now having my own son and teaching him social studies I get to see where much of the game content came from, it's actually pretty fun to tie gaming in with learning since he's 12. I can point things out to him in the game that were influenced by RL history, movies,and places some of you visited to be inspired by.
  18. Shia New Member

Di
    Disappointing regardless. If that was a concern they could well choose something else equally pleasing and spread it across your character choices. Lot of players would play a range of characters and to limit it to one is unfortunate.
  19. Saddia New Member

20. Kittik Well-Known Member

Good to hear. Good luck and please right this ship JChan
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.