A Note from Jenn Chan

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by JChan, Jun 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

When someone gives you a free hotdog lunch, you don't turn around and say, "But I wanted sirloin steak for my party of six."
  2. EmJay Well-Known Member

I choose to wait and see what happens. The proof is in the pudding.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. FalconClash Well-Known Member

Is there a green version of this mount too, or am I remembering wrong?
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

There was a green version sold with a $200 bundle (1 year membership, armor set, green mount) when they offered lifetime subscription. The CD earth version may be green or yellow.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think that was a Freudian slip on my part; I think I was thinking "1 per character" or something else, since I'd like a 1 per server as well for some things (or confusing it with the "Public and/or Beta Test Server(s) only" type stuff). ;->

Like for instance: the recipe books from the CE expacs. Even though they don't do the "every two years, the old content becomes free" any more (sadly :-/), I wouldn't mind it if they sold 'em on the Marketplace after they weren't available any more, for only 1 character per server and umpteen bajillion DBC. Seriously, it would appeal immensely to someone like me, who has only one main Carpy on each server (so, that'd be six sales they'd be guaranteed ;->), and if the items you make from the recipes could be made No-Value or No-Whatever it is that forbids Brokering (other than Heirloom, No-Trade, No-Nothing, You-Shoulda-Bought-the-CE-You-Cheap-Poor-Scumbags), then they couldn't be wildly sold on the Broker for umpteen bajillion plat, so that's one fear of theirs alleviated, I suppose. I'd still love the chance to get ahold of the ToT recipe book. :-/

Uwk
    who wonders: can the items made from the CE+ expac recipes be freely traded on that one special server...
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You got the energy horse? I peeked into the recent Grab-Bag that contains the mount, among other things (another 66-slot bag! YES!!! :D), and strangely enough, my evil Ratonga dude could have /claimed a horse that looked straight outta Qeynos... ;->

Uwk
    who wonders: maybe that's a different thing, but I haven't found any separate mount yet...
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, gods, not that quest... X-P

Uwk
    ;)
  8. FalconClash Well-Known Member

There was broken content? *Pets her lovely shiny pony as it puts its head over her shoulder*
  9. Twins New Member

We don't want a mount, we want our money back.
    We pay for something you don't deliver so do your best and quickly.
    Deliver something and don't apologize.
    We cannot buy any of the final apologies.
    When does the summer event come? Only in autumn again? Months later or on time this year?
    The number of players who still feel like playing the game is dwindling day by day.
    So deliver something sensible on final apologies we don't care.
    dirgenoobforreal likes this.
  10. FalconClash Well-Known Member

Speak for your self. Im a Free player and cant afford to buy things. Broken site or not, I'll take any free Mount I can get, especially one thats really awesome looking or rare.
  11. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Good job on the alts! Now all you need is a Provisioner. :)
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

we got a saying in Germany " Den geschenkten Gaul schaut man nicht ins Maul ". That means you don't look into the mouth a gifted horse , a practice used to find out if the age of the horse and if the horse is healthy .
  13. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

in each of peoples of world there is just same saying and such a practice. And everyone else has a another saying "give him finger, and he will bite off you whole hand"
    and nevertheless, this nice mount (similar to steed from add-on about vampires for game skyrim)
  14. dorotea Well-Known Member

we got a saying in Germany " Den geschenkten Gaul schaut man nicht ins Maul ". That means you don't look into the mouth a gifted horse , a practice used to find out if the age of the horse and if the horse is healthy .<

The English version is "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth".
    But some people here will complain about literally anything even free gifts.
    Lateana, Spindle, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Some people are never satisfied .
    You should see Kaladim , there are blue see through mounts everywhere.
  16. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

it looks as it used to be in East Germany, when almost everyone drove identical, almost toy plastic cars
  17. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

I dont understand how people are so forgiving to be honest. To me this is the 4th apology we get in the last 3 years with a lack of content, bugs, lag and so on and truth be told, I didnt see the company improve or the content they released get better tested or last longer, the game just kinda trucked along and released more content no one really liked (such as proving grounds). Its almost the exact same thing we see about every 6 to 8 months and people jump on it every single time. Its unbelievable to see it happen over and over and over again. The cycle repeats everytime and players believe it every single time and the prices on expansions packages increases despite the decline in quality year by year, and many of us happily buy them.

I think I got 7 apology mounts or items by now because the game had issues. I much rather they lowered expansion prices or the sub fee.

Well maybe the 4th time is the charm.
  18. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Heroin EverQuest II is a helluva drug.....
  19. Spindle Well-Known Member

Evercrack to us oldies lol
    Feldon, Cyrrena, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  20. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Hey, we're not old! Just.... well-seasoned. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.