2006 Fan Faire + Community Summit

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Xalmat, Mar 22, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

that would be nice since it seems they don't plan to stop hitting our DPS with the nerf bat any time soon. they were gonna add it with the combat changes then before they went live it was pulled but i have to say we do need a summon corpse ability cause when one person dies under a mob it can be a real pain.
  2. ARCHIVED-Thakar Guest

I wondered why they changed our rez spell so it wouldn't summon the player to us after rezzing...could they never get it to work or was it considered "overpowered" for some reason?
  3. ARCHIVED-Suraklin Guest

Because he has no life whatsoever.
  4. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

Maybe I'm just smart enough to know what it is... There is no smoke mob in the game. This illusions turns you into a human male model with transparent skin... Then applies a white haze effect to you. The hair is a consequence of the specific model options your normal model uses.

So, if your normal model had hair or a hair related property, then your mist illusion is gonna have that hair stuck to a transparent body.

I've done lead QC divisions for 15 years. Yeah, this probably isn't working as envisioned, but its not a bug. Its an unspeced side effect of how it actually is supposed to work. There's nothing actually broken about it. It's coded corectly, except that in cases where facial hair is involved it doesn't look right to you... But the original intent is met... you take on a misty form... you just keep the facial you had...

Now if you wanna pee yourself, you could could easily go farther and say you think that the mist form should apply directly to your chars model... ie, you play an iksar, why are you changing into a human? Again, this is a design decision, not a bug... The hair problem is actually a consequence of this design decision.
  5. ARCHIVED-Gistum Guest

I guess something else could be pointed out. Our pet heal (overtime) is really not healing for enough and is pretty useless :(. Maybe it should be turned into a %age of the pet hps ?

Oh and the int cap thingie should really be looked after. It's pretty weird to have your dps lowered as you level. A lot of people know about it too.

Just my 2cp :p
    Message modifié par Gistum le 04-08-200601:27 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-Thakar Guest

I'd like the mage pet single target DPS looked at as well. I really like my warlock pet, but it's hard to justify using it in groups when I'm only fighting encounters of 1-2 mobs when I know that my scout pet is far more DPS.
  7. ARCHIVED-Loktharr Guest

Since i am a gnome for me it turns out i change into a human (thats quite a difference in size) And my hair totally changes into something that doesnt even come close to my gnomish haircut. And i get this strange enormous mustache. Talking about broken.... It should not turn me into another race with a strange facial hair problem. But at least the hair colour is the same :D
  8. ARCHIVED-bluegod Guest

Uh, no he wasn't. In his original post he said it was broken. But what with your barrage of 2 sentence replies you managed to twist things around
  9. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

Its not broken, it works as designed.
  10. ARCHIVED-Thakar Guest

How about everyone just stops arguing about it? Some of us think it's bugged and others don't own a dictionary :robotvery-happy:. Let's leave it at that.