2006 Fan Faire + Community Summit

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Xalmat, Mar 22, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Thakar Guest

My two biggest problems involve Undead Tide and Mage pets. Undead Tide, as has been stated, has a recast that's just way too high. Five minutes seems a bit more reasonable to me, as that still can't be used every fight (or every other fight or, even every 5 or 6 fights in many groups). I understand Planar Shift is longer than that but, since I don't even know what that ability does, I can't really comment on if that ability should also have its timer decreased. As for Mage Pets, I'd like to see either Magic Leash returned to its previous version (roots caster pet in place) or just fix our mage pets so they don't inch forward to melee range after using their spells. I'd also like to see a slight DPS boost in Mage pets so they're actually useful in situations when there's only one or two mobs. I love my warlock pet, I'd use it all the time...except it is only useful if there's 5+ mobs in an encounter which is fairly rare.
  2. ARCHIVED-Thakar Guest

Anothing thing that I forgot about....how about new fluff spells? The last one was at level 50, it's time for more! Also, the last Necro fluff spell, Dartain's Cloaking Debris, was promised to be fixed at the last Vegas FanFaire....however, it still only gives a brief puff of barely visible black smoke every now and then (you can't even see it unless you're moving and even then it's very, very hard to see). How about a fix?

EDIT: Nylph's Misty Image, which as also promised to be fixed at the Vegas FanFaire, is also broken. I'm an Iksar, and it turns me into some sort of human with green hair.
    Message Edited by Thakar on 04-05-200610:56 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Magus` Guest

Dartain and Nylphs are not "broken" per se, you just don't like their effects.

I agree completely on misty image though, it's pretty silly looking.
  4. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

I'd still like more detail on how the internal parsers work but I figure you have a limited time so I'll leave it until after the notes are posted.
  5. ARCHIVED-Thakar Guest

Misty Image is definitely broken. It shouldn't be turning me into a human with green hair, it should be making me into mist.

EDIT: And the devs I talked to at FanFaire acknowledged that Cloaking Debris and Misty Image are both bugged.
    Message Edited by Thakar on 04-06-200612:43 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-Magus` Guest

Misty Image DOES turn you into mist, it's just human-shaped mist wearing a robe and with hair.

If your graphics settings are super low, THAT is the issue, not the spell.
  7. ARCHIVED-Rycar Guest

How about Summon Coprse so we can pull corpses from under mobs. That would be nice.
  8. ARCHIVED-Thakar Guest

My graphics are set at Very High Quality most of the time, Extreme Quality when I'm inside a dungeon....it's definitely not my graphic settings or my computer.
  9. ARCHIVED-Magus` Guest

Well the problem IS on your end, as it DOES turn you into mist.
  10. ARCHIVED-Thakar Guest

Problem ISN'T on my end because everyone else ALSO sees the hair.

EDIT: And I'm not the only one. Check out the images of our spells and illusions, especially Misty Image.
    http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=30&message.id=19968
    Message Edited by Thakar on 04-06-200611:36 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Misty Image needs tweaking, that's for sure. I'll add it on my list.
  12. ARCHIVED-Magus` Guest

Uh, I never said it didn't show the hair, but look behind the hair - MIST.

Hey look, I was right!
  13. ARCHIVED-Thakar Guest

And as I've been saying, my problem is with the hair.
    Message Edited by Thakar on 04-06-200612:17 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-Magus` Guest

But that's not what you've been saying. Maybe you need to learn to explain yourself better?

See below - you said it turned you into a human, when it does not.
  15. ARCHIVED-Thakar Guest

It turns me from an Iksar into human shaped mist instead of Iksar shaped mist. Why are you arguing this point, anyways?
  16. ARCHIVED-Magus` Guest

Because saying it doesn't work is flat out wrong - you don't LIKE how it works, but it DOES turn you into mist.

You were saying it did not work at all.
  17. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

I don't think you're gonna get alot of sympathy... Right now Necros are extremely good.

If anything you two should get a feel for how overpowered the peeps at SoE really think the class is and try to keep them in focus. I don't want them trying to cut a diamond with a sledge hammer... and yes the necro class is a nearly perfect diamond with a few rough edges.
  18. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

Misty image works fine, it just needs to remove facial hair completely regardless of race or facial hair options.

If you place an Erudite, froglok, or any class with no hair settings at all, you end up as a walking shirt and pants with a cloud inside. I LOVED the old days before the shirt and pants was added though, back then you were literally just a floating puff of smoke if you didn't have any clothes on.
  19. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

Fact... opinion. Some people don't think there's a difference.
  20. ARCHIVED-Thakar Guest

It is a bug. You can't possibly think that an illusion that is supposed to turn my body into mist adds green hair as well as turning me to mist isn't bugged. As a recognized bug, it should be fixed as was promised at the last Vegas FanFaire.