2006 Fan Faire + Community Summit

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Xalmat, Mar 22, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Guess what? I'm going to the Fan Faire! Word is there will be a Community Summit I can attend too, in order to pass along concerns from the Necromancer Community.

I haven't had a chance to review my notes from the last summit, but any outstanding issues from back then will definitely be carried over.

Post away with concerns and stuff you want me to pass personally to the dev team, and I'll compile it into a big list before I leave for Atlanta.
  2. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

i would say the three biggest would be pet not being able to attack mobs on steps alot of the time, pet keeping group members in combat, and also when you fear a mob sometimes they immediately disappear and can't be rooted out of the way.
  3. ARCHIVED-Sosumya Guest

yup those are my biggest complaints too.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tallika_Runwithbears Guest

i cant think of anything more annoying than those two items
  5. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

I'll be there as well, and I'll be sure to pass on the "stop nerfing us" message too (which IMO is more important than anything mentioned yet ;) ).
  6. ARCHIVED-Winsarc11 Guest

Mobs when feared should also instantly run AWAY FROM YOU, and not pause for a second and keep attacking or fear towards you and hit you while they go past either. Its really annoying and has killed me many a time.
    Sometimes pet gets stuck in possessed twitching mode and wont attack as well.
    Thats all i can think of right now, overall i like where we are at.
  7. ARCHIVED-Tallika_Runwithbears Guest

how about when using Possess Minion all mobs arent aggro to us. no mobs should know we are possessing our pet. the pet being non-aggro to mobs should carry over.
  8. ARCHIVED-cryptastix Guest

our snare line/dot line has 5% chance of breaking every time the mob is damaged. It doesnt sound like a lot but soloing with my pet and my summon pet swarmed plus my other damage spells. It usually only lasts a few seconds. (test it out) in groups this spell is totally useless. The cost of this spell line isn't justified enough to use it.... i'd rather use the power on damage spells I know will not cancel.
  9. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

What exactly are dev feelings on Necro damage specifically? We were told we are fine and have only had really minor tweaks in the non raiding area yet the forums are flooded with posts about how we are too powerful.

When their internal parsers return data how much info are they taking into account? Is it just class/damage or is it a greater breakdown of buffs and effects currently on parsed players?Better yet, are procs and effects attributed to the caster or the person affected? What exactly are DPS tiers based on and how much influence do raids have on them?Raids skew the picture because sorcs are right, all that matters is absolute damage. If a necro and a sorc are competing for a raid spot and the Necro can put out more damage by virtue of the group buffs on the pet, then it doesn't matter if the sorc's are higher personal DPS or not since the necro will put out more absolute damage than a sorc will.How much will that reality affect me as a non-raider when it comes to balance?

Are AP and the training system constantly under review? As in is there still a chance that some less effective ones, once proven so, will be removed in favor of a better skill?It seems like a no-brainer they are but I'd personally like the assurance. I'm not a fan of the current training system and would hope something with a more permanent feel still has a chance to be implemented. Master 2's are ok because they save me money but I'd trade everyone of them for some permanent improvement over an entire line like a spell haste or in our case, stance improvements like was proposed in Beta AP.

I've got altitis so my necro is stuck at just over 64 for now so I can't comment more. I would like to know if the recast on undead tide can be shortened. While potentially great in theory, the usual effect is an underwhelming swarm pet that can be cast every 15 mins(might be made up for if they were affected by group buffs). No corpse I've seen lasts near that long. I'd prefer something along the lines of planar shift myself or something that can be used regularly like my warlock pet's encounter lifetap. Of course at 64 I've no practical experience with the spell so if I'm wrong I hope someone corrects me.

Thanks Xalmat.

Message Edited by Deson on 03-24-200603:00 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

Btw, I'll also try and remember to get them to un-nerf our tank pets. They're STILL not back to where they should be.
  11. ARCHIVED-Kasandria Guest

Tank pets by far for me (only mid 40's). I 80% solo, 10% duo and 10% group at this point. Tank pet is still not holding group agro, has lost HP and just isn't as good as it was by FAR. I play my necro much less often now because of it.

Let's not forget the int cap madness either, I am talking where as you level you become less powerful. At mid fourties I can't keep up with the cap at all. They said it's not as intended but I also saw a post that said most aren't even aware of it so it's not a high priority for them. Which is like saying a penny is dissappearing from your bank account every day but as almost no one complains they aren't going to fix it...

Edit: And if anyone has the cajones I'd like to hear what they say about the lying about pet nerfage as proven in the thread about post LU21 on the board. The nerfage is bad enough but how they expect to have decent community relations with the distrust we can reasonably have of them is beyond me.
    Message Edited by Kasandria on 03-27-200608:21 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-Yirabeth Guest

Definitely, tank pet aggro. Definitely. Most definitely!

~Yira
  13. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

I see the tank pet hold group aggro pretty well as long as you don't go crazy on the AE damage. Get Shockwave and it hold aggro extremely well too, almost on-par with the Conjuror tank pets.
  14. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

Whatever you do or don't do, it is NOT like it used to be, and I'm going to bring it up.
  15. ARCHIVED-Yirabeth Guest

On the contrary, I see the tank pet doing fine on aggro as long as there's ONE mob, or as long as I do absolutely nothing to injure any other mobs in the encounter. As soon as I cast anything (even casting stench pet, or just casting locusts) that mob will be on me. Period.

Due to my changed work schedule I solo almost exclusively. (not alot of people on at 9am pst) That tank pet is my entire playtime experience. Yes, it's less than it was, by a good margin, and I want it back the way it was.

~Yira
  16. ARCHIVED-Sonic X Guest

Talk about improving Undead Tide, it's super super rare to get allot of corpses and the recast makes it useless. It's way to situational and when the situation arises it's not exactly great.

Make Arch Lich Master 1 illusion something cool, the current one looks ridiculous, not very "Arch Lich-ish" if you ask me.
    Get rid of the pig dumbfires, i'm not a farmer i'm a necro! :p Hellhounds would be cool.

Ask why the animated dagger AA does horrible damage.

Fix the bugs with possess minion or make it last longer or quicker recast.

Just my thoughts.

Message Edited by Sonic X on 03-31-200612:09 AM
  17. ARCHIVED-Suraklin Guest

Tell them to remove the freaking root or stun when we send our tank pet in to pull a mob. There's absolutely no reason a tank pet should do that on the initial pull. If it's a stun then why doesn't it do it during the remainder of the fight multiple times? If it does I never notice it. Only pet that should be rooting or stunning in my opinion is the mage pet.
  18. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

No! No mage pet roots!No pet roots period! Heh, Poor eq1 mages proved why thats a bad idea.Just posting, I'm 66 now and I stand by my original assesment of Undead Tide.Since reducing the timer can lead to some iffy situations though, I'd prefer rplacement.
  19. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

yeah the having feared mobs run AWAY from you would be great too because it is just stupid that a mob is afraid of you yet he runs right into then pounds you to death.
  20. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

I've compiled a list of topics to bring up at the Fan Faire. You can read them here at The Summoner's Tower. There's still time to submit last-minute suggestions!