Varsoon will have live adventure experience rates?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Tesoth, May 3, 2022.

1. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Mizgamer62 and Zenji like this.
  2. MAethireon New Member

Well, my wife and I was looking forward to this new TLE server until 5/!0/22, now we are not sure we want to try the same retread TLE server and grind xp on the only 2 days we get to play. We dont know if live xp rate would of been better for us or not, but we sure know that we got left behind on Kaladim with its xp rate. with this change I think we will skip this TLE.
  3. Turkish Member

The xpacs are on 16 week cycles and Kaladim XP is still very fast. You don't have to worry about getting left behind.
    Daltharr and Jadefox2 like this.
  4. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I appreciate your views on this and you aren't alone. Unfortunately, the players advocating for slower xp haven't considered how it will affect people's desire to create alts. The alts are what keeps grouping alive more than any thing else in the long run.
    Daltharr likes this.
  5. Turkish Member

Please explain how 16 weeks on Kaladim XP is not long enough to make alts. You could have an army of alts, maxed out with prismatics and tradeskills in that amount of time. Even if you have negligible play time you could easily get 3-4 alts up.
  6. Zenji Well-Known Member

It's not that 16 weeks isn't more than enough time, it's that making alts is less appealing to some people the longer it takes to level them up.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  7. Frid Member

Guys exp on Kaladim was way too fast anyway. They did the right thing.
    Turkish likes this.
  8. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Time will tell, but if the history of these TLE's is any thing to go by, it won't keep grouping across all levels alive for the duration of each expansion. The plat/krono farmers will be happy...earning $$$ from power leveling those unable to get groups.
  9. Mandoh New Member

edit - found the answer in updated FAQ.
  10. Cronos New Member

Glad I was right all the time about the Typo in the FAQ and it's good to see they have NOT lost their minds ;)

Kaladim XP is a great compromise and should make both sides content (not happy! Because that's what compromises are for)

:D
  11. Glida Active Member

You have said multiple times that slow exp gain will never slow down the majority of player base in rate of progression so that should also apply to making alts. You've also said that the downfall of every TLE regarding player retention has been other issues like itemization which I agree with. Their focus should be on making sure the content is meaningful.
    Jadefox2 likes this.
  12. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

The rate of xp won't be the main reason for lack of player retention, but it does affect peoples desire to make alts which can have an affect on grouping at lower levels and that will be detrimental to late comers to the server. Yes there are other reasons that factor in to success or failure. Also, if people don't want a faster xp rate, they should also be against the sale of xp potions on the server imo.
    Jaden and Zenji like this.
  13. Jadefox2 Active Member

Interesting opinion.

TBH, I'm not really a fan of XP pots, but I'm not against them either.
    Personally, I won't use them - unless it's for Tradeskills and I want to work on another crafter later in the game that's not high on my priority list. For Adventurer XP - not for me, but again to each their own.

I proposed putting the slider in early so an individual can control their XP rate without having to remember to turn on/off the XP for every third kill just to maintain a 33% rate...

I tested just going through the starter isle on a new account using live xp, and I had outleveled the quests and the mobs were gray before completing the isle. Other's suggestions to combat this is just to turn off my XP... Before level 10... seriously?

Progression keeps people playing.

For some that's dungeon/raid progression - for others that's character progression.
    Both playstyles should be viable, and that means either a fast XP rate that can be throttled - or a slow XP rate that can be ginned up. The latter was chosen in a way that makes the company money.

With all this, we all know that any Progression server has a limited shelf life. At this point, I think that's just built in to the business model. We'll all be gone in a few years to start again on the next one (unless Pantheon accidentlly drops by then ;)).

Nonetheless, I'll see y'all in Norrath in a few weeks.
    Turkish likes this.
  14. Laalon2 Active Member

It amazes me how many people want others to believe or play the exact way they do, as if there's no other way than you're own to play this game? Some want to play fast, some want to play slow. Play the way you want and enjoy
  15. Glida Active Member

Honestly I disagree. Most people will just power level their alts with guildies. They aren't going to be LFG in the general chat channel with the rest of the late comers.
  16. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I guess I just sort of feel sorry for people that don't have the hours to play they once did for grinding and/or people that may not be able to play at launch. One of the original selling points of the server was live xp rates and I think a lot of those folks were looking forward to that. Oh well.
  17. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

When I'm not raiding I'm playing alts, this is when the game really starts to suck to me, when there aren't enough players for pugs anymore. The powerleveling bot clans don't help.
  18. Glida Active Member

Yeah I mostly pug. But overtime you are pretty much forced to join a guild if you want to find people to play with. Sometimes I get lucky and find a couple people who by chance level at the same pace and we can get through content together without anyone being left behind.
  19. Kurth Member

Kaladim fell apart as a result of its itemization not its XP rates.
  20. Zenji Well-Known Member

Kaladim died because it was stuck in the same expansion for 8 months.
    Daltharr and Mizgamer62 like this.