Instead of TLE - Make EQ3

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Rhoks, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Doranur_Aleguzzler New Member

Pantheon has seen a ton of work since Brad died. Honestly, he was the single factor holding them back. They have been releasing regular updates on progress on You tube. I now do believe they will release the game, I didn't until a few months ago.
  2. Malachy Well-Known Member

I don't know why seeing this post four months later makes me laugh, but it does. L&L was so close.
    Ned888 likes this.
  3. Jovie Well-Known Member

I would love an eq1 world with eq2 gameplay. They did a much better job making the eq2 world truly open for all play styles vs eq1 and its sweat or die style.
    Geroblue likes this.
  4. Rhoks Active Member

Well atleast we can continue to get TLE every 2-3 Years till something comes out :)
  5. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Love this threat! And yes! agree, ready for EQ3.
    Instead of new content going to EQ2, give it to EQ3 and start the levels over :)
    Ready for new 1-50, but prefer 1-50 I have done a few times rather than try to figure out Ascensions stuffz :)
    Rhoks likes this.
  6. Rhoks Active Member

I hated the ascensions, dumbest thing they have did IMO
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Rekr New Member

No, just remake Everquest 1 in the new Unreal engine. Almost exact same game and zone layouts but with those graphics would be best game.
    Seijen and Geroblue like this.
  8. Tippity New Member

That's some hopium ya got. When I was playing Archeage... and Trion monetized and bled it to near death, everyone rejoiced when Gamigo took over... then ran it to the ground, albeit a bit more slowly... and everyone rejoiced when Kakao took over and bought out Gamigo... and in 1 month gutted the game completely.

In my experience, things never get better and only get far worse. In my view DB is the last best hope for EQ. Make the best of it and enjoy it while you still can. If they're able to fund EQ3... the newness and hype alone, plus the experience they gained with successive TLP's should put them in a good spot... not a great spot... but not necessarily a bad spot either. Both EQ1 and 2 are aged games with little new player appeal... that's not DB's fault.
  9. Rhoks Active Member

This isnt a direct response for your quote more so towards the quote you quoted lol

But I feel if money is what is needed to help start eq3. If we look at New World. (Granted it died hard) The servers were packed. If you didnt play New World when it first came out and regardless of the games issues, money alone that game made a butt load of money. And it was purely off a few things,
    1. Being the Hype
    2. Advertisement mostly with content creators (Twitch youtube ETC)
    3. No competition

When I say no competition, the game came out during covid peakness where everyone was staying home. At that same time there was no video games particularly in the MMO category being released.

My thoughts are, the people who play TLE are majority being returning players from that ERA up until a certain point and the TLE servers are seen as a cash grab.

Well imagine releasing EQ3, youd get a huge surge of people both new to the everquest games and long term players either returning or continuing playing Everquest.

If done properly that first initial release could potentially solve any money issues a long with having a good amount of money to invest into the game further to make it better.

People are returning to the TLE servers every time for a reason so there is a audience for it, and IMO it seems the team is doing better fixing the live servers with the new xpacks coming out.

I just feel personally the timing would be perfect while we are still within a covid period and people still somewhat at home AND there still hasnt been any huge MMO, just the simple fact is it being new would grab a lot of attention which would lead to money which hopefully the money will fix a lot of issues.

Plus as much as I love playing the new TLE every release, eventually the time will come when its getting old and repetitive just to know within a few years your time and money invested in that server will just end up being deleted. Because every transfer I have had personally going to the AB server ive never touched to play on Live.
  10. Liliun Member

I wish DB would put some effort into the advertising with streamers, it might help bring some fresh blood in. Case in point, my teenage son and his friends are trying EQ2 out right now, without any encouragement from me. It seems that group, and apparently a lot of gamers in that age range (I'm going by what they are telling me, it has been a long, long time since I was a teenage gamer) are getting tired of the available games. Specifically, they have been dipping their toes into the old school MMORG realm. He suggested EQ2 because I play, otherwise they would not have known about it. Getting some streamers might bring some attention to the game, especially in the first couple weeks of Varsoon opening. A lot of people are trying old games now because there just isn't anything new out there that can hold the attention longer than a couple of weeks. It's a possible opportunity, just throwing this out there.

In case anyone is wondering, they seem to be enjoying it so far, the only complaint is about the graphics.
    Geroblue and Rhoks like this.
  11. Rhoks Active Member

I think that would be a excellent idea, if only they would do it
    Geroblue likes this.
  12. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I think paying/advertising to streamers falls squarely in the "be careful what you wish for" category. Could go either way.
    Arielle Nightshade and Zarriya like this.
  13. Almost Member

Mmmm EQ3. The original EQ world, but seamless, with larger regions. Release with all of Classic, Kunark, and Velious. Bring back unique racial cities/starting areas. Get rid of the EQ2/WoW style factions, return to EQ style, with varied KOS standings. Everyone can group with each other. Get rid of every race/every class. Have "Evil" races again. Have stupid Ogres and Trolls. Add an improved EQ2 style crafting. Collections. Harvesting, etc etc. One can dream.

EQ3 needs to not make the same mistakes EQNext made. Don't add a bunch of stupid gimmicks, and focus on quality gameplay. Also management needs to keep the team focused and not out making parkour Tony the Tigers, or any of the things ponytail guy came up with.

As far as a spiritual successor to EQ, I'd say Monsters & Memories will be the one that really gets it right, and will be the most likely to actually release. Pantheon is Vaporware.
    Ned888 and Rhoks like this.
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

In EQ3, I wonder if they could find a way to make Guild halls publicly incorporated into the landscapes (with the buildings matching the decor of each zone, and of course the wandering public limited to seeing with their eyes and not their hands). ;) Then server populations would visibly stay higher. Maybe the big guilds could even set their crafting tables and portals as usable by passersby to encourage public interactions, and help for newbies/latecomers/alts.
    Geroblue likes this.
  15. Kurth Member

I think whatt'd really be cool is an EQ classic server creation kit. Let people subscribe to host their own servers with their own rulesets and give them the tools to make changes.

Basically like the Emus but more accessible.
    Pharone likes this.
  16. Rhoks Active Member

That would just take more people away from the already dying servers
  17. VAXen Member

For new players the problem with EQ2 is there are no real money sinks so that inflation pushes the price of Broker items into the stratosphere. Not a problem for established players. There are major discontinuities with Adventurer, Tradeskill levels e.g. the mess in the level 90s,100, etc. The handling of Lore, no trade, no transmute, etc., items is just weird and that has not included materials for crafting. Add in Guild voice channel problems for new players or DirectX 9.0c dependencies, and the list just goes on and on... Too many issues to document here.

EQ2 is just too broken to fix. So look at what works in the EQ 1 or 2 worlds and craft an EQ 3 from the ground up. Use the existing zone maps but increase the video resolution of zones in stages. Carry across quests in a similar vein to Hallmark quests.
    Rhoks likes this.
  18. Rhoks Active Member

I really hope IF EQ3 ever comes out, that they make stats actually work as stats like the STR, INT, AGI, WIS work separately instead of so much with potency fervor CB, Etc

And remove ascensions. That was one of the dumbest things added IMO.
    adaria, Turkish and Breanna like this.
  19. Rhoks Active Member

Make EQ3 So everyone can complain about that instead of Live server issues and TLE exp rates and expansion release times
  20. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

We can pray that if they make EQ3 they make a lot of changes.
    Breanna and Rhoks like this.