Fixed Internally Unable to download SocketError

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Boghoplit, Nov 10, 2020.

1. kaltesblut New Member

same here nothing works, no bpublic test no eu server no us server....grmmll
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Starcloud Member

Gninja just said on discord .. "Its being looked into"
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Jam175 like this.
  3. Ticiic New Member

same problem

*Warning: Retrying chrome/Plugins/placeholder.txt
    *Warning: Retrying help/jp/helpfile_interface_achievements.html
    *Warning: Retrying help/en/helpfile_beastlord.vm
    *Warning: Retrying help/ru/helpfile_advancement_skills.html
    *Warning: Retrying help/jp/helpfile_vchat_fonts.html
    *Warning: Retrying help/jp/helpfile_questing.html
    *Warning: Retrying help/jp/helpfile_characterbasics_persona.html
    *Warning: Retrying help/jp/helpfile_vchat_fonts.html
    *Warning: Retrying help/jp/helpfile_questing.html
    *Error: Unable to download SocketError:Host Not Found (11001 - 205.185.208.88 - http://eq2.patch.daybreakgames.com/...zs/ab/fc8/81b37b17941945f2c7e6b3d52519df177ee
    Checking all game files...
    Found 1,729 file(s) to update

nothing happens then
  4. Dolgrin Active Member

VERRRY old bug... at least since KA and pops up from time to time.
    After downloading a file it starts a verification.
    Something on server side is going wrong on content delivery system and you get this error.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Jam175 like this.
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is a factor, but Daybreak uses a Content Distribution Network (CDN) which puts patcher files on multiple server computers around the world on the theory that your patcher can get the files from a more geographically local server, rather than 100,000 people slamming a single server in Las Vegas. It may be that the necessary files aren't up on all the CDN nodes yet?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Jam175 and Tkia like this.
  6. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Are you seriously trolling me on a Bug Report thread?
    iamvegano likes this.
  7. Jrox Well-Known Member

Still getting this error.... Errr

Took the day to get into beta and mess around, looks like it will be naps since only a few can get in and the rest are bugged. Hopefully they are REALLY looking into it, not cool to buy something and not be able to actually participate. Kinda pissed at the moment.
    Azealia and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. iamvegano Active Member

Any luck from anyone?
    I was in the Great Divide just playing without any issues then I was running to a new place and the computer froze. I could not get back in. I read that I should delete the cache and try again.. now the game stopped working. I uninstalled and tried a fresh install and now I have this lovely error that is so popular today it seems (and maybe for a long time).

I do not buy into the VPN issue only because nothing was a problem before I froze in GD. Also, from what I see in other posts people have tried many different settings (with/without vpn) and it changed nothing.

It is quite annoying for sure. I also have an open ticket with DG for this, but the likelihood I will get an answer before I go to bed in a few hours is near zero
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

From Discord:

AsterixToday at 9:54 AM
    the patcher issues seem to be service provider level networking issues, it's being sorted but it may take a while
  10. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

11. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

For future reference, deleting the patcher cache (as long as it is the correct folder) will not break the game. The patcher will automatically create another folder.
  12. iamvegano Active Member

It was quite strange as I could get back into the game with my second character and then I read the help from DG and it said to clear the cache by deleting those three folders. I did exactly that and then poof, everything went in the toilet :(

Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Benito like this.
  13. Thainze New Member

Still happening here, but my wife can get in.
  14. iamvegano Active Member

15. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Sorry to hear that you ran into a complication. That seems odd for sure. I am not sure of your chain of events so it could be related to the current outage.

Here is the procedure for future reference:

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/231267788-How-do-I-clear-my-cache-in-EverQuest-II-
  16. iamvegano Active Member

Thank you and thank you.. that was the exact procedure I followed. It seems that maybe my timing was related to the other issue, which maybe had something to do with my in-game freezing of the character (even though my other one was working - in a different zone)

Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Benito like this.
  17. Dude Well-Known Member

From Discord:

Caith Today at 10:35 AM
    It isn't a game specific issue, the issue appears to be with the CDN provider or their connection to L3. It's affecting all games and is being worked on currently
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. kaltesblut New Member

no beta no game at alle any more...still same issue
  19. Tkia Well-Known Member

No, I'm attempting to prevent you from handing out non-sensical, time-wasting suggestions.
    Breanna likes this.
  20. kaltesblut New Member

Caith Today at 10:35 AM
    It isn't a game specific issue, the issue appears to be with the CDN provider or their connection to L3. It's affecting all games and is being worked on currently

this is absolutely ridiculous, the problem exists now for over 10 hours should it seriously be a content problem...I tried a clean fresh installation, also not possible...this is just pathetic