Fixed Internally Unable to download SocketError

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Boghoplit, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Tkia Well-Known Member

You could also try using the everquest2.exe directly to bypass the launcher. However this will only work if your live installation is patched up to date. If not you'll just get an error telling you to go patch which requires using the launcher.
    Boghoplit likes this.
  2. Phaya New Member

So I went to EQ2 folder, and started everquest2.exe as admin and it allowed me to log in choosing character and now in game.

Edit: it also allowed me to log out to character select without doing anything nefarious.
    Boghoplit likes this.
  3. Jrox Well-Known Member

Can we safely assume this will be fixed before the weekend? Would really like to get some time on Beta this weekend.
  4. Chakaadizze New Member

I was not able to get into Beta, and then unable to get into regular game, siting the same error, which seems to be the help files for Beta. But I was able to get back into regular game by running the validate files action. Maybe that will help some at least get into their game and play.
  5. Chakaadizze New Member

Is public test different than Beta? I was trying Beta, didn't try public test, because I thought that was a completely different thing than Beta.
  6. Skrapa New Member

Hey, can you email me all of those files, please? lol just kidding...somewhat :p
    Boghoplit likes this.
  7. Skrapa New Member

Hey, can you email me all of those files, please? lol just kidding...somewhat :p
  8. Zinj Well-Known Member

9. LforLight New Member

As we all do. Problem is handled and a solution will be found. We just have to be patient. Reed those wikies we never have time to reed :D

(I did all my home tasks and even anticipated with some home administratives issues.... what can i do now.... going out on this sunny afternoon... 1 km distance max from home with an autorisation of government to go out in case a police officer comes to control...)

See you later and be patient
    Boghoplit likes this.
  10. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know since this is an outside partner, I am hoping that it will be solved sooner than that.
    Breanna and Jrox like this.
  11. komsmolez New Member

Hello everyone, I solved the problem by downloading the entire game files from another computer. where the game was launched on its own. I went in, I'm playing.
  12. LforLight New Member

JOKE: May be sending to the provider a lawer with some fees to pay in order to compensate the losses and bad experience for the players plus some compensation for them...

mouhahahahha

a joke is good sometimes to quite the stress :) hope you laught at it as much as i did writing it :D
  13. darkface New Member

has worked for me, thanks a lot!
    am online again...
  14. Dasi Member

My computer broke the other day, i got a new one, all shiny fresh out of the box, when I go to download EQ2 from the main site nothing happens. :(
    Albione likes this.
  15. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It is.
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Dasi Member

well..shoot.
    Thank you
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Autofire New Member

So I get that it’s an evolving matter, but can you advise if we are talking hours or days for a fix? This is the end of day two and if I would have known yesterday this is a long term thing I wouldn’t have spent so much time checking the game/forums.
  18. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

We have not gotten that sort of ETA from the provider so unfortunately no.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Pluvian New Member

so now it's even worse, trying to log to different toon, stuck @ 99% loading zone resources, even accessing the forums is taking ages. Maybe screw the provider to the wall for breach of SLA will get them moving???
  20. Skrapa New Member

I haven't tried using the launcher in four or five hours. I just made the attempt and now I get a different error message:

The downloaded file is incomplete or was corrupted. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes.

Should I try uninstalling and reinstalling it again? Or is this new message a sign that progress is being made? :)