Kaladim TLE Server - Coming March 16, 2019!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Same game, different perspectives of the game. Respectable, i'm amazed it took 6 months to hit max level on a TLE in eof considering you could be power leveled 1-70 in around six hours, i'm sure you could solo up in around 30 hours just questing through the various eof zones.

I've seen the game enough to know what it looks like, I occasionally use the housing editor to make obscene things, about it. Fun is raiding, and getting to raiding for me. The fact of the matter is that majority of players are raiders, will want to rush to end game, and will stop logging in once they complete what they need for raiding. Thin-veiled content may amuse some players, but not me.
    Bekkr likes this.
  2. Zlith Member

Having completed the 22 Heritage Quests many many times that are available in T5, I can tell you even if you did them all at level 50 you wouldn't complete them in 20-25 hours. Normal players will do Heritage Quests while they are leveling as well which will cause them to take far more time as the content will actually be somewhat difficult, let alone the travel and time to find groups for the content. I would estimate if you completed all 22 HQ in T5 it would take 50-100 hours for an average player. That's not including competing To Speak as a Dragon which you can do without the raid parts of Fire and Ice and Deception.

Plus there are far more quests than just HQ and to Speak as a Dragon as well.

There is crafting (whether or not you like it or deem it worthwhile it is there)

There is completing collections (not everyone just buys them off the broker). That is one of the special features of Kaladim as well.

There are alts. You may only enjoy 1 character per server, but many many players enjoy playing alts as well.

There is content outside of what you deem is "fun" which is rushing to level and raiding.

By the 3rd TLE and being on a 16 week cycle, I would think the rush mentality would be virtually gone at this point. Enjoy the ride along the way.

I've been on top 50 worldwide guilds on Live, I raided 4-5 days a week for years in EQ1 for years (my main had 700 days played). Ive raided on both Stormhold and FG. That doesn't mean that is the only content and that other players don't have plenty of content they can experience.

I've done 1000s of quests in EQ2 over the years and there are some I still haven't done. There is more content in the game than many will give credit for.

Some players enjoy roleplaying, questing, tradeskilling, running solo, duoing, grouping. Some enjoy parts of that and raiding. Some only enjoy grouping. Some only enjoy raiding. Some are alt-a-holics. It is up to that person if they feel the server is worth their time and money.

But saying a player can experience all the content of each expansion upto DoV in 20-25 hours outside of raiding is just flat out wrong. YOU can experience the content YOU deemed was fun for you possibly in that time, other players absolutely cannot complete all the content.
    Renfail, Kalika, Bekkr and 6 others like this.
  3. Bidnessman New Member

That pretty much sum's it up, couldn't agree more.
    Renfail, Rhodris, Toxify and 3 others like this.
  4. Atan Well-Known Member

Pretty sure he was saying 20-25 hours per expansion. Which is enough to do the signature lines, and core quest lines, and clear all the dungeons.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You and Atan have a different goal than a lot of us. I don't WANT to powerlevel to max. I want to take the time to do ALL the quests, not the minimum number needed to achieve level X. I max my crafting, but level lock adventure XP while I check things out, re-visit old quests, and yes, I STILL find the occasional quest that I missed when I did all this originally on Live all those years ago.

I also sometimes take time out of questing to participate in something like the Holiday House Exchange (HHE19) and do a really thorough job decorating someone else's house and making it a really cool space that I hope they will like. This year's HHE spans Erollisi Day, Chronoportals, a couple of Moonlight Enchantments, and Brewday, which means that I also took time to enjoy those events and their quests to get certain items I needed for the house I'm doing. Making a bunch of rootbeer for grotto-dwelling satyrs may not be your cup o'tea, but boy, the cool decorating items you can buy with the coin you get from making that rootbeer rocks a decorator's world.

If your game is raiding-centric, almost certainly you don't really understand what a lot of the rest of the people on the server are doing.
    Redmoon, Kurisutaru, Toxify and 3 others like this.
  6. Zenji Well-Known Member

If nothing changes from FG to Kaladim, then what you posted is unfortunately the truth. But I am playing Kaladim in the hope it is at least better than FG.

If Kaladim is a total failure, I will go play WoW Classic until the next TLE server and try again in another year.
  7. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

Honestly I'm wondering why you are playing? your choice of adjectives makes it look like you are not enjoying it.. or you like pain?.
    you PAY to grind and then ask (why)?.. then move on to "decide it's pointless to log in" . next you burn 4 hours of your time to "suffer "through ring of fate/peacock quest and in the next statement devalue the effort with " if you're a raider , if not , no point."
    then you add one more thin mint, by adding in"complain about unrest and shard of fear" and "farming tokens while wanting to throw computer out the window" because of guk 3
    you feel the gear you are earning isn't worth the time , but you do it anyway?? even though in your opinion 'itemization bot sucks"? and after all that you are then upset that the server is rolled and reincarnated ? I'd think, you would be ready to dance for joy.

I am really puzzled by you even being here,
    I mean what do you want from a fantasy roll playing game , exactly ?
    if you want a straight up battle game with no wasted motions or energy .. play chess or the Japanese version, Go.
    you seem to consider all of the game not worth your time or effort , yet you are here ?

if the designers and developers didn't want us to play this game, at least in part , from the view point that we Are our avatars they wouldn't put so much into the sheer art of it all , from the attention to details on the armor appearances and each landscape detail, to the ability to build and decorate a complete home , its intended that a player can immerse themselves as deep as its mentally safe (and some beyond ) to do .
    you don't seem to enjoy playing , so , why are you ?

none of the above is intended to be read in any kind of nasty tone .. not at all .. I am as noted at the start .. honestly puzzled.
    Siren, Sigrdrifa, Chimeron and 3 others like this.
  8. Occam Well-Known Member

Please show us your source for this "fact". I'm betting you can't, and that in fact the opposite is true. The majority of players are casual. Those of us who raid tend to be more vocal though, which lends the appearance of being the majority.

That said, I do think you're correct in that most people rush through content. And while traditionally the term, "end game", refers to high end raiding, it can mean different things for different people. Different styles of play have a different content ceiling. Someone who only solos and never groups might come up against their own personal "end game" fairly quickly. A player who is focused on group content but doesn't raid will take longer to exhaust their content than the pure solo'er.

Interestingly enough, I think decorators might be the least likely to get bored with current content. Considering the vast number of items in game, the possibilities of creating something new are endless.
    GrunEQ, Siren, Bekkr and 2 others like this.
  9. Aeraeni New Member

This has literally gotten me calling old friends to see if they want to tool up for a guild in a new server, and get a bit of nostalgia going!

But one thing really worries me from the FAQ.

Unlike a bunch of the other content that is annotated to release with the appropriate expansion - the above has a certain tone of finality to it, as if there will never be guildhalls on Kaladim. At all. I don't mind waiting a few expansions worth of time and looking forward to them like other content, but never?

Anyone able to allay my fears on this? I always enjoyed building a guildhall!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  10. Zlith Member

They aren't going to add Guild Halls. To my knowledge Guild Halls dont exist on Fallen Gate and it is far past when they would have been added. You will have to build houses instead.
    Siren likes this.
  11. Aeraeni New Member

That... is a real surprise to me... and a big letdown tbh.
  12. Atan Well-Known Member

This has been proven before using census data. Its a fair amount of work to do the proof, so I'm not inclined to do it again.

Feldon helped with that analysis before and I'd consider him a fairly neutral party on the topic.
  13. Siren Well-Known Member

You can have guild halls on the live servers, although they have purposefully avoid them on the TLs to keep the population more out and about instead of buried away from each other all the time. Guild halls really are population killers; people get too insular there.

And then new and returning players enter the game, and think the servers are empty when they're not. If guildies are all nestled in their guild halls, they are probably more likely to stick to guild chat, too, which empties out general server chat more as well.
    Bekkr likes this.
  14. Bekkr Well-Known Member

Yeah guild halls were a pretty clear demarcation for me of the beginning of the end for live servers, sadly.

Very glad they don't put them on TLEs.
  15. Aeraeni New Member

An interesting perspective I hadn't considered.

I imagine I'll give it a go regardless. My birthday's on the 17th so I have a few days holiday planned!
    Siren and Bekkr like this.
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

Just be patient: New servers in EQ2 seldom come up on time. Sometimes they have been a day late or more, if they run into data flow or back end problems. I wouldn't take time off work if you work weekends. Nagafen's beta just a couple weeks ago was a day later than it should have been over issues, and it had no ETA after it bypassed its launch window; it just finally showed up at some point the next day. ;)
  17. Nicolos Active Member

Have they mentioned if you will be able to get your 1 bedroom apartment in the suburbs? I realize they won’t exist as they did at launch but I sure hope to be able to live in Longshadow Alley again.
  18. Thoraden New Member

Leaper mount didn't release in Kunark expansion. Is this going to be changed...because this is not classic.
  19. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I find it so amusing that my 25 hours, includes everything he summed up in a post.

The decorators point you're trying to set up as an argument has no bearing considering 95-99% of homeshow enthusiast's don't play on TLE server's for the purpose of decorating, live is a much better option as it has more houses, items, etc. You get the point. The top non port house on fallen gate was built by someone who was a raider, that only did it because she got bored when she wasn't raiding, she was in my guild.

We pulled census data from eq2wire in the last few expansions (very easy to do, but I guess we can rehash this argument for the 30th time, or just cite the obvious factors, raiding content has always had lots of hours poured into it for years, and the stormhold KoS situation).

On a server where most people have done quests before/understand how eq2maps work, you once again, don't have enough quests to actually hold someone's attention.
    https://u.eq2wire.com/lb/listing/quests_complete/600/
    There is the leaderboard for quests done on stormhold, you can also take a look at fallen gate's, people don't ever complete every quest on these tle's sans a few dedicated players, because most people don't find it fun to grind out quests that offer no rewards, especially when AA's went as fast as they did. This is shown by the massive drop off in quests completed on both servers. I switched mains between expansions, if I added my two toons together i'm number 30 on there. All of those quests were entirely done just to raid, I guess 1-29 either quested up, or had to quest to get gear they couldn't get from destroying any heroic until SF in under 10 minutes.

This leaves the aforementioned argument, of most people playing to just level and do things that better their character, not repeat another fetch/retrieval quest that offers no rewards.
  20. Tabbyclouds Member

A couple of questions - one which I think has already been asked. Are we getting housing in the Suburbs - Nettlevillle etc.
    And also does anyone know what time it is (planning on) going live. I am in UK so if midnight in US that would be 8 in the morning here which would be just perfect :)
    Thanks in advance.