Kaladim TLE Server - Coming March 16, 2019!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

Well said, some people just want to rush a single main to max level and to raid .. Now if you group outside your raiding guild, don't get Pled, run signature and HQ quest + langage, L& Legend + fun things like getting the owlbear pet or participating to world event (Carina is cute, the Baby bovid shrink effect from bristlebane event is so cool etc ...) ... He, if do that on says 3 totally different toons (one healer, one tank, one dps) ... believe me 4 monthes is not too much ...

And there are more than 3 classes type ...

To people saying that they ran out of content i would reply : so you have a max leve : bard, illy, druid, shaman, cleric, fighter, monk, crusader, summoner, predator
    Cyrrena, Breanna, Bekkr and 1 other person like this.
  2. Keldo Member

I enjoy raiding when it comes, but truth-be-told, this is like the one MMO where I actually enjoy the leveling experience each time. So many of the other games just trivialize the leveling experience or have it blow by in a few days. This one actually gives a player semi-difficult dungeons that require exploration rather than walking in a straight line from beginning-to-end and so very many quests. I still find new quests I haven't done before each time I play. Not all of them are noteworthy or particularly rewarding, but I love how serendipitously some of them come up. Random requisition, note on body, activatable on ground, etc.
    Cyrrena, Toxify, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  3. Aeraeni New Member

I'm the same as you Keldo, I always loved the grind in EQ2. There's something about it that was just perfectly relaxing and enjoyable.

What really got me about returning to the game in recent years though was that I'd hop in, be building up a character and I'd find all a guild ever wanted to do was the max level content. The last time I came back, the guild leader and his 2-3 favourites did nothing but level 100+ content and left the rest of us to our own devices, hiding off in their private discord server.

So I'm massively excited about starting a server where we're all back to the start. Not to mention the prospect of a fresh economy that doesn't have the massive inflation that Loyalty Points / Bags of Plat seemed to bring about.

I also really wanted Void Beam armour... but the only time I got close to it ended up involving a guild that didn't give a damn about the necessary dungeons.

Can't wait!
    Cyrrena and Keldo like this.
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

Fair warning concerning Kaladim's imminent economic explosion: Kronos are going to be for sale on Kaladim.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Keldo Member

TLE will definitely solve your problems in that respect. I did Stormhold from its start, but didn't even start Fallen Gate until EoF. On both servers, I could always find groups throughout the leveling process. I don't remember one evening where I couldn't find a group.

Early on the servers actually tended to have this wonderful problem where there would be too many people in leveling dungeons. Despite the frustration of competing for nameds, it's something I can't even get angry with because it's so much better than the alternative.
    Bekkr and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Mesander Member

EXACTLY! The whiny raiders are going to whine...that's all they know how to do. They need duct tape; or they can swallow it and start leveling an alt. Each time I level a toon I ALWAYS run across a quest or a rare named that I've never seen before. There's PLENTY of content.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

My 2 ¢: Don't spend any thing beyond the subscription price for the first or second expansion release. That way if you see the same problems repeating themselves or new ones cropping up, at least you won't feel the financial sting in addition to the overall disappointment. For those that have already given this a chance twice before, live and learn.
    Siren and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Lynzie499 New Member

I am a new player and seeing this has made me decide to go allaccess. Looking forward to this since now I will not be so far behind everyone this has made a big difference in me deciding to join:) I now have a few days to decide what i want to play going healer leaning toward warden but want to try them all out before making my final decision. Would love to join a guild that is casual but likes to raid and doesn't mind helping a new player thanks:)
    Carynn likes this.
  9. Lynzie499 New Member

Wow I was thinking to add and expansion in 8 weeks was pretty quick considering when you are playing the game from scratch expansions come out in 2 years. If you get bored in 8 weeks because and expansion is not coming out I am at a lose for words on that one.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Hop on over to the Guild Sub-Forum near the bottom of the main forums page. Look for a thread called Roleplaying on Kaladim. The guild is called Court of the Blood Rose and is exactly what you are looking for I believe. Roleplaying is not mandatory by any means.
    Breanna, Siren and Mizgamer62 like this.
  11. Zenji Well-Known Member

Well I think the biggest gripe for Kaladim is because when Desert of Flames originally came out, it only lasted 5 months before Kingdom of Sky released. (not 2 years). So now 14 years later, 4 months of DoF is going to be dreadfully long.
  12. Keldo Member

I'm going to agree on this one. On Stormhold, when we got to vote for when new content released, I sometimes felt like content was coming too fast. However, with Desert of Flames, I was overjoyed that DoF only lasted a month.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Kurth Member

Will guild halls never be available, or will they be introduced during the timeline (I think EoF era?)
  14. Zure New Member

I am super excited about the new server, I have been playing strong since DoF, I did play on the initial release but was still to much into EQ1 to move. I took a little time off since they introduced with Ascension crap which I think killed the game at least for me. I will be looking forward to re-rolling on a new server and start doing the quests and activities I really enjoyed many years ago..
  15. Quest Noremac New Member

Just wanted to say I have played a little eq2 on and off, and looking forward to trying both the eq1 and 2 progression servers. They both seem like great games just never played for too long.
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

Someone else already asked this, I think further back in this thread. No, there will not be guild halls at any point on any TL server; they won't be on Nagafen, the TL PvP event server, either. They empty out a server too much. Without them, the chat and the towns are much fuller. I'd be willing to bet Daybreak secretly rues the day they put guild halls into EQ2.
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Kurth Member

Doesn't that mean people will just use a prestige house for the same effect?
  18. Siren Well-Known Member

I think all the guildies would just be visitors, and the owner would have to manually enter each name so people could decorate, move stuff around, etc. Also, I don't think all the guild accessories will work in a player home. Plus, player homes aren't as big.

You can play with guild halls all you want on the live servers, you know-- and that includes gold sub free trade server Isle of Refuge. :)
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Zlith Member

Not on Kaladim.

This is from the official Kaladim FAQ:

Will we be able to /house to travel on Kaladim.

Using /house has been restricted to be within the accessor for housing and will no longer be available from anywhere.

Could use a player house as a pseudo guild hall, but will be much more difficult to travel to it than it has been in the past.
  20. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

A player can certainly buy a house add all guild members as trustees , but they wont be able to add ,
    a mender , a banker , a broker or a universal link to other players houses.
    there wont be depots for fuel etc and the harvest resource depot that might .. might become available later in the expansion cycle is woefully small when matched against what a guild can both use and obtain..

It is correct in how most players seem to use their guild halls .. the halls become self contained mini game servers. and the rest of the game gets ignored to the degree that I've seen cap level players that cant find wind stalker village, or know how to get to sky-shrine on their own ..via the world bell and transport systems.
    players that don't seem to know how to obtain their own harvested items or shiny's , tis a sad waste of some outstanding art work , both in the cities and in the over land areas .

I can see why they would be leaving out the guild halls for this , if you need the group identity enable a guild cloak appearance, something that has gone by the wayside but still works , and if you need that" I belong to a group feeling " will help.
    Bekkr, Breanna and Siren like this.