Kaladim TLE Server - Coming March 16, 2019!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 22, 2019.

1. 66books New Member

This information is very helpful for making a decision. Thank you.
    Siren and Toxify like this.
  2. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Return of the Hoods
    We will be reopening the hoods and villages for Kaladim, like Big Bend, Longshadow Alley, the Baubleshire and Nettleville. Quest content in these villages will remain changed, but the hoods themselves will be there to access and reminisce. In time, these hoods will also be available for all other servers.

Never should have made that change in the first place

So will we be able to move back in to our old homes or is this just trying to bait us into buying more krono and potions on a new server?
    knightowl, Soara2, GrunEQ and 3 others like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, we'll get them back "in time" everywhere else, hopefully. :)

On another note: since I can't comment on the actual Game Update Notes (Live) page at all, can I please remind the devs here, in this forum, out of common courtesy to us, your customers: PLEASE LOOK AT A CALENDAR OCCASIONALLY. The 26th of February was NOT a Thursday, which hasn't happened yet (that's tomorrow, the 28th), but a TUESDAY. This is not the first time this has happened. If even your computer clocks and calendars are that messed up, o devs, what does that say for your server farms, etc.? :-/

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Software development is what it is. You don't start screwing around with planned code right before release unless something is seriously broken. Planning for a release begins moths out, then coding starts. There is a reason why there's a year between major releases.... the normal software development timeline.

I've worked in big development teams, small development teams, government development teams, etc. This is just the reality of what happens to get something done. Just like you don't say a couple of weeks before the first "open house" on a new-built house, "hey, wouldn't it be cool to add an upstairs", you don't try to shoehorn stuff into software late.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The reason they didn't go all the way back was because they didn't have a version of the code that went back that far. They were able to go back as far as they did because someone found enough of it in a code repository to allow them to regain the starter islands. If there had been better data management, yeah, they could open a server on a truly 15 year old version, but they didn't keep clear "release point" copies, from what I've seen said.

Until and unless someone with a red name states that yes, there will be housing/brokers/menders/etc in the villages, don't count on it.
  6. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

If I cant move home I will just stay where I am at
  7. Araxes Active Member

I'm an experienced Product Manager who has worked in multiple start-ups and with multiple Enterprise companies doing CICD, DevOps, and Agile development; presently, I work for a global one with over 40,000 users of the platform. My suggestions weren't necessarily intended to be done in a single Sprint. They were suggestions for a timeline which could be at any point in the future. As someone who works in software development, yourself, I am sure you understand that, too. :)

Anyway. I'm done, here. You are the all-knowing Sigrdrifa and the rest of us simply bow as you walk past and inject your wisdom into the threads. :D
    Observing, Surgeon and Bekkr like this.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

A graphical simulation of the neighborhoods will be coming to you shortly, anyway. It wasn't long before Queen's Colony and Outpost of the Overlord launched on all servers, after their initial debut.
  9. Turkish Member

TLE FTW!!!!

I'm excited for Kaladim and Nagafen. It is a great opportunity to return to the game after a long (many years) break. Its also a great opportunity for me to bring new people into a game I used to love. The layers and layers of expansions are daunting and overwhelming for new and returning players tbh. Having to go through and tweak 8 different skill trees and gear sets etc. is very forbidding. Maybe that's why the TLE servers start to flag after too many expansions are introduced. there is a sweet spot for EQ2 and it seems to be Classic-Shadow Odysseyish time frame. In my opinion after things become a bit convoluted and thick. DoF is a masterpiece with depth and story and deep lore. Same for KoS and EoF.
    Rienna, Toxify and Carynn like this.
  10. Araxes Active Member

As someone who played daily from launch, the first time I began to stop logging in every day was when Destiny of Velious came out. I would go so far to say that Shattered Lands through Sentinel's Fate was the lifespan of a chunk of other players, as well. I did return for each subsequent expansion up through Thalumbra, but I wasn't logging in every day for hours, like I had for the first 6 expansions.

DoV, in hindsight, seems to have become the dividing line between the old and new, at least from the remarks and comments I've seen over time, in-game and elsewhere. (It's also my personal feeling.)
    Bekkr, Turkish and Toxify like this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You were also supposed to kiss my gemmed shoe and pledge eternal fealty on your way by.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Breanna Well-Known Member

IMHO I think the last expansion I really really liked was Phantom & Tranquil sea after that it was pretty much down hill. Thalumbra was the real turning point for me. It wasn't totally horrible but I really wasn't impressed.

Stops and bends down to kiss Sigrdrifa's Gym shoes Gemmed shoe and then runs on LOL ;)
    Rosyposy and Siren like this.
  13. Bodhi2099 New Member

I've been hoping for one last hurrah in EQ2. Any guilds planning on making a go of it here?
    Rosyposy likes this.
  14. Malvolio Member

While I do plan on playing I have a few things I want to add to this discussion. I havent subbed yet waiting for more precise information.

I played at Launch (in 2004) and the first TLE (believe it was called Stormhold) and the reason why some of us left was that balance was nonexistent, and a lot of content was facerolled. It is my understanding that this 3rd balance/itemization pass may alleviate some of that.

I watched a YouTube video of Fallen Gate (2nd TLE?) dungeon run and again it was a tank (at level) chain pulling 2+rooms with health-bar never moving. Maybe he was mentored or something I hope it wasn't still too easy. Another thing that worried me is I saw the person in the video purchase a 200% exp pot while in the dungeon (Runnyeye lvl 30), it has been a while but I thought exp pots were disabled on TLE. If not it seems a bit exploitative to "tune the exp to vanilla levels" while simultaneously making subscription mandatory and selling 200% exp pots MTX.

I know that 16 Weeks is plenty of time to level and participate but the idea of the entire endgame being cleared already by people who swiped cards to get there would make me second guess participating. I would like to think that my worry is without cause because by limiting Channelers, Beastlords, and whatever Familiars are (some people call them P2W) it looks like the intent is not to be greedy.
    Rhodris likes this.
  15. Siren Well-Known Member

Sorry, Malvolio, but practically all of the cash shop will be there for launch, XP pots etc. I was a little surprised to see that, too. Familiars, mercs, guild halls and flyers/leapers won't be there, but that's about all I can think of that's being left out (or is being held back until the appropriate expansion launches).

We also can't /claim most of our vet rewards. D'oh! There are plenty of pots we'd love to /claim, which makes it even worse that they're sold on the shop.

Spell research is allowed through Masters. I sure hope research pots aren't in the cash shop; I'm trying to find out if they'll be on Nagafen, the TL PvP event server (and I sure hope not).

It wouldn't be so bad if the TLs were F2P, but they're gold sub required.

About the only thing we haven't heard a definite yes or no on yet is allowing the CE salesmans crates with zero broker fees on them. (They are on Fallen Gate, the other TL PvE server, though.) They can really be considered unbalanced on a server where everybody is scrapping for every copper.

https://www.everquest2.com/news/eq2-kaladim-tle-server-faq-2019
    Alenna and Rhodris like this.
  16. Malvolio Member

Oh no, I am deeply saddened by that. I just logged in to see if there was a "vitality" potion and there was. Am I understanding that someone who uses a vitality potion and an Advanced EXP potion would have 300% faster exp gain?

Will TLE have both these features?
  17. Siren Well-Known Member

Like I already said, pretty much the entire cash shop will be there. Read the link I put in my previous post. It's the full Kaladim announcement FAQ.

18. Julesholland Active Member

Don't really have a issue with vitality and xp pots, they are not game breaking and if someone wants to help pay to keep the lights on, good for them. I am delighted that real game p2w stuff like familiars and state mounts are out though.
  19. Keldo Member

I really respect DBG for the ruleset that they're rolling with for the Kaladim server. Leaving out familiars, mount stats, and grandmaster spell research is a HUGE boon for folks who want to play the game the way it was originally intended. I'm shocked but pleasantly surprised that they're keeping all of the items that just immediately "make you stronger" out of the game.

I'm fine with XP pots, as that just expedites the process - it doesn't make you more powerful or the journey "easier", just potentially faster for those of us with less time. Additionally, as an unapologetic capitalist, I acknowledge what Michael said above - they gotta keep the lights on. This feels like they're doing it in a way that maintains the integrity of the game.
  20. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

Definitely looking forward to this!