Kaladim TLE Server - Coming March 16, 2019!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Bidnessman New Member

There will always be someone unhappy with something, overall very happy with this rule set, looks awesome. I've recruited 5 friends and we can't wait to relive EQ2 again! Great job!
    Toxify, Zenji and Keldo like this.
  2. semisus Does not play this game

You might wanna change what it says on expansion purchases , like familiar will have era type stats on TLE
    Siren likes this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

it was announced that yes the villages will come to the regular servers too later ( my guess would be they want it to be tested on Kaldim ;))
    I seam to remember that we will not get any Familiars on Kaladim , no Beast lords and no Channelers.
    Toxify, Rosyposy and Siren like this.
  4. Carynn Well-Known Member

"Experience is slower" - but they don't say by how much. Like painful Fallen Gate at launch slow? Or the revamped experience? Set it to 50 or 60 percent of live; it would be perfect, and folks would still buy xp pots.
  5. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Honestly fallen gate was either easy or broken, no where really in the middle sans a few specific nameds.

Regarding pulling two rooms i've been doing that on live since RoK with the right setup. The heroics on TLE are notoriously undertuned, my wizard could solo majority of them in tier in every expansion. Duoing all of them was a reality as well.
  6. Atan Well-Known Member

Probably just like FG launch.

It's stopped being nostalgia, and its started to be just repeating the same treadmill. By the time any of these TLE's get to expansions that were actually good and fun (SF, DOV), they manage to screw up the game so bad that its not worth playing them.

They've done this twice so far, and now with 3 servers running, how anyone thinks its going to actually go well this time is simply insane. They've proven they can't get it done with just one non-live server needing attention. To now do it with more than one? Never going to happen.

They lack the resources and/or the expertise to deliver on these promises.
    Siren likes this.
  7. Zenji Well-Known Member

I don't think it is fair to say thing's don't get good until SF. I get people wanting to take a pass on Vanilla and DoF, but KoS - RoK are good stuff.

Also things only don't work, until they do. Will Kaladim fail? Possibly, maybe even likely, but it is not certain. I personally would rather restart on another TLE then play any other MMO out there currently.
    Rosyposy and NrthnStar5 like this.
  8. Captain Obvious Member

If you don’t think KoS, EoF, ROK, and TSO were fun, you do not know what that word means.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

There isn't 8 weeks of content in any of them except maybe TSO, much less 16 weeks. It's going to get old fast. We couldn't keep peoples attention past week 6 on FG, not sure how you expect this to be 'good'.

KoS was ok, EoF, not really good at all, endless EH runs, RoK was fun for a while.

What we found is, when itemization was complete crap, there became little reason to repeat the content for very long. And we'd lose 20% of the server each expansion as people got fed up at the lack of service from DBG. Pretty sure that was Zenji's words when he quit last time, so its just funny to see him invest in it again ;)
    Zenji likes this.
  10. Zenji Well-Known Member

I am a glutton for punishment :)

To be completely honest, I do not expect a different result with Kaladim. But I am still hopeful that one of these times they get it right, and I want to be there when they do. So I will keep coming back until there is nothing left to come back too.
  11. Zlith Member

This applies if you are in a harder core guild that has everyone at the max level and raiding within 2 weeks of launch. Most guilds wont be doing this, especially for the 3rd to 4th time. I know you play a lot of alts but some in harder core guilds do not and they will likely burn out faster at any length.

It may (or likely) not get all the support that is needed, but without Beastlords/Channelers and things like Familiars to balance, should be easier to balance top to bottom. Lack of blue stats will slow things down as well, depending on how the mobs are balanced for the lower stats.

It is a pretty limited investment (other than time) for the game if you aren't putting money on xp pots to level or spending on research. There are tons of free to play games with far more PTW than EQ2 or games like POE with huge money sinks for appearance stuff.

I know you have been burned multiple times by itemization across servers, but there are newer players or players that enjoyed the original content more than the later content even if there are flaws in the game.

When I quit having fun in a game, I quit and move on. Others might enjoy it for whatever their reasoning is though and I dont try to discourage them from trying the game or enjoying what they like.
    Bekkr and Keldo like this.
  12. Keldo Member

I think we're seeing that the experience of someone who runs multiple guilds doesn't generalize to the experience of the average Tom, Dick, and Sally on the server. Some of us get maybe 2-3 hours of play time per day and that's if we're lucky.
    OldRodKS and Bekkr like this.
  13. Elskidorr Active Member

8 months of horrible xp with limited content is bad for any Tom, Dick or Sally. Even if itemization and balance is somehow perfected here, the burnout will hit the population pretty quick. Could be wrong but time will tell. Either way, when they launch another TLE in a year or two this one will die off before ever reaching SF.
  14. Bekkr Well-Known Member

Why do people love speaking in these generalizations as if they know what everyone wants? People play games like these for all sorts of reasons, and they're all valid.

I love the idea of limited content and yes, slower xp gain. I like to roll alts, I like to do silly, easy low level dungeon runs with randos and meet new people. I enjoy the social aspect of these kinds of games, absent the "I want to win at eq2" raider mindset. I also enjoy progressing and getting to endgame, I just don't feel the need to get there as quickly as possible. The entire reason for this game to exist, when you get right down to it, is to waste time. Why rush?

Are there enough folks who have these kinds of views to keep a server population "healthy" until the xpacs unlock? We'll see. But implying these things are bad for everyone is disingenuous at best.
    Renfail, Rienna and Rosyposy like this.
  15. Atan Well-Known Member

Players who played much less than this burned out by week 6.

It's not easy to see what is going to fail from observing how players across the board have behaved in the past two TLEs.

As others have sad, they'll start another one before this one gets very far for how slow it will unpack.
  16. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

You can finish all the content in every expansion within 20-25 hours of play time outside of raiding.
    T5: Buy xp pots, grind heroics/dredge through quests (why). Longest part is leveling, but you see all the content doing that, then you solo heroics for +1 stat increases for 12-16 hours then decide it's pointless to log in until DoF then....
    T6: Run all heroics in under 3-4 hours, suffer through ring of fate/peacock if you're a raider, if not, no point.
    KoS: Do claymore, then ????
    EoF: Raid, run every heroic in 2-3 hours, complain about unrest/shard of fear at half way point, go play apex.
    RoK: Farm tokens for daily shield/charm then log out.
    TSO: Run every instance day one in 5-6hours, farm tokens for neck while wanting to throw computer out window at guk 3. Log out, play next battle royale since apex.
    SF: Run heroics, get best in slot gear because itemization bot sucks, go 1 group some easy mode raids for ??? reasons, unless bored.
    DoV: New tle will have launched and their killing the one you're on.
    Source: I did that.

Original maybe, TLE KoS? Where heroics give nothing good outside of a funnel for claymore. EoF has a lot of it's core things ripped out from prior updates, and the raids become boring when you clear them fast, even the casual guilds cleared the expansion before the sixth week. VP was cleared in original RoK in under 2 months, under a week on fallen gate. Heroic content is lacking, epics are all completable(faction included) within 5-6hours. TSO is an insanely small xpac, if you're not raiding, have fun.

I worked 40+ hours a week and 2-3 hours of play time a day is more than enough to finish everything in under 3 weeks quest/hq/instance wise. If you can only play that little, raiding/peacock/claymore/soulfire/mythical is obviously not in the picture so i'll exclude that.

See above, good stuff; yet not on TLE.

Also I forgot to add: Beastlords had nothing to do with balance, channelers were simply bottable healers that all you had to do was press three buttons, keep pet hp up and within pet within 10 meters of the tank. If they are going to remove channelers and reduce the high hits on mobs, you're just gonna run into shamans being the style they were of being the primary healers, again, nothing to do with balance, just making things hit hard so people are required to buy a class that costs money. You could kill a lot of the content without one, in RoK the only fight that "required" one was probably the avatars, in TSO you didn't really need one assuming you didn't do what we did and do stuff like have our guardian tank the entire ykesha encounter sans the archmagus.
    Familiars were a cash grab, but until TSO with the snail familiars weren't significant enough to not allow a raid force to just plow through content. Assuming they were halfway decent, they added in total 5-15% to the raidwide. When you're killing things before tortoise shell ends, i'm not sure that little boost matters~
  17. Bekkr Well-Known Member

Either you and I have VERY different definitions of "content" or this is a blatant lie. Either way, this statement is bizarre.

In your world does "content" = "reaching max level"? Because, man, that is a strange way of looking at it.

You do you though.
    Renfail and Sigrdrifa like this.
  18. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I just stated what content is; if you had read the post, you would know what i define as content. That content includes quests, leveling, and hq's, raiding is another situation, but it's too early to determine how balance will be, but if it's like fallen gate or stormhold, it's not gonna take long. I suppose you can throw in getting all the exploration achievements if you're hellbent on experiencing norrath.

You can easily cleave through majority of the quests on a templar or group with a friendly pal and do it even faster.

Once again, there isn't enough content to sustain 16 weeks on a tle server where combat is so easy.
  19. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

When I saw adoninilol's statement, I too wondered at the time frame and play style presented .

my own play style is so different from what he's describing it may as well be a different game .. and for me I believe it is.

I take the time to create an avatar I love the look of , then enter the world and settle myself behind the eyes of my avatar.

I move through the town learn the languages , buy a home and learn a trade skill.

I adventure to earn heritage items , decorate my house, sell goods to other players.
    I'm an in game foodie and drink snob so I take the time to earn, buy or make the best . I like to see the landscape art and meet other players , running the dungeons and instances for loot , shinys and Fun.

adoninilol's description of play ... doesn't sound all that... fun?
  20. Bekkr Well-Known Member

Yeah, I read it, just wasn't sure because damn. I have never, on any character, live or TLE, been anywhere close to those numbers. My first toon (I only started in EoF) took literally more than 6 months to hit max level, which was, I think, 70 at the time. There are many quests I've never done, on any character, ever.

I bow to your superior EQ2ness, but honestly I really don't think your experience is typical of your average TLE player.

Anyway, I guess I stand corrected.

Wow.
    Renfail, Sigrdrifa and Flightrisk like this.