Terrors of Thalumbra Expansion Pre-Orders AVAILABLE NOW!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Kickya Active Member

Love the idea of more content, but at what price ($)

The difference between just access and the mid range bundle has a fair few items, ok most are fluff like paintings etc

But my concern is the top end bundle shoots up the price a whole heap and you get verrrrry little in return.

MY FIX ( for DBG to consider )

Address the 1 per account / 1 per character issue of the 88 slot bag.
    make mid price bundle 1 per account 88 slot bag and give the top end bundle 1 per character

Post more info of what the mount stats are would help people decide if im right the top end bundle is the only one with a mount that gains stats as you complete content , lets see what your talking about.

Is it (example) start with 30potency and when done all content 31pot or 40pot etc.

Will this mount be obtainable from other places like heroic or raid etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Secondly. How about a NEW tier subscription ? Lets call it the Platinum Subscription priced say $10 above usual
    but this subscription member gains ALL future content for FREE FOREVER as long as the customer remains subscribed

With the FREE bit kicking in after the 6th month or straight away for people subbing for 1 year immediately
    Prissetta and GrunEQ like this.
  2. Adevil Well-Known Member

Many would not accept a transfer since those hard earned L100 fully decked and decorated guild halls don't transfer. Nor does the guild...reform and level it to 100 all over again. Merge or consolidation is the only way a guild and guild hall will follow to a new server.

Still no confirmation on Dungeons transferring with a merge OR a transfer. Last time I was through a merge was before AoD and dungeon maker. Not sure there has even been a merge done since the release of AoD.
  3. Adevil Well-Known Member

Sad to ask this, but....have you tried tweeting that question in Holly's direction?
  4. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

The problem is, I think most of us have learnt never to assume anything when it comes to SOE/DBG - what has happened before is rarely an indication of what will happen this time. Until we get official word that an upgrade option will be available I know I'm not assuming anything.

I wish they would give detailed stats & info on stuff like the mounts and the merc - yet again (as last expansion) DBG expect people to pay for something without important details about what they are purchasing. Whilst some are, we're not all blind fans with lots of disposable income who just throw our hard earned money at this game regardless - personally I prefer to know exactly what I am paying for, especially at the price points DBG have chosen. At more than a full new PC game would cost (Fallout 4 for example is less to pre-order here in the UK than the difference in price between the SE & CE, let alone the total cost, or the /shudder ridiculous PE), players have a right to know EXACTLY what the fluff stuff is they are paying for.

Even in the absence of an answer, I'm sticking with the SE. If I can upgrade later as budget allows, great, if not, so be it - I save money.
    Awkk likes this.
  5. Gharyn Well-Known Member

The red text above is purely my own speculation, though it's based on past performance. I hope I'm way off-base but I doubt it.
    Wirewhisker and Pipsissiwa like this.
  6. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Regardless, It's still considerably larger than those old Adventure Packs.
    Although thinking about it now, I probably should have pre-ordered the Standard Edition instead of the CE. Oh well.
    Prissetta likes this.
  7. Kittybock Well-Known Member

May I suggest not using colored text in posts? It is very difficult for some folks to read--especially red on a colored background--and may cause players to skip your well-intended comments. I've seen others mention this issue as well, on occasion.

I personally have a difficulty with it, if my vision is acting up (medical deal, ya know). ;)

Thanks,

Kitty
    Prissetta and Adevil like this.
  8. Awkk Well-Known Member

Highlight colored text to make it more easily readable. Crtl and mouse scroll button to increase/decrease size of everything on screen including text.
    You're welcome.
    Prissetta likes this.
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

I don't use anti-social media sites...period. I don't like them, I never have, and I never will. I should not have to leave this forum site to get answers to my questions from the EQII staff...that's what this forum is for. I do appreciate you taking the time to make a suggestion, however. Thank you!

I just think it's sad when days and weeks can go by with our questions left unanswered. Questions that may determine whether a person even spends the cash to purchase additional content or continue subbing.

There should be a staff member monitoring and answering these questions on a regular basis, and no valid question should be left unanswered. :/
    Xillean, GrunEQ, Adevil and 2 others like this.
  10. Rolo Member

So I ordered the expac and you charged my credit card already (two accounts worth), and now I hear that the expac will not go live until sometime in mid November.

So you have my money for an expac that I will not have access to for another month?

Class act Daybreak.....................
  11. Feldon Well-Known Member

You have access to any in-game items that were granted (namely the XP altar), as well as Altar of Malice and Rum Cellar access if you didn't already have them. If you have no need for these items, you could have bought it in November.
    Xillean, Alenna, Awkk and 2 others like this.
  12. dngrmse Active Member

I just skip it.
  13. Belenos Well-Known Member

It's Terrors of Thumbelina! Terrors of Thumbelina!
  14. Kristabella Well-Known Member

So, the Standard $34.99 edition gets you game content and some extras, and the TLE $34.99 edition buys you 1 bag and 1 potion for one toon, no content ?
  15. Malleria Well-Known Member

It wouldn't really be TLE if they created new content for it.
    Kurisutaru likes this.
  16. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I worked on Thumbelina! :)
    Xillean, Prissetta, Belenos and 7 others like this.
  17. Kurisutaru Active Member

:rolleyes:

(1) We know expansions/new content is released around the same time every year.
    (2) The price(s) pretty much have remained constant for some time now (the one per account thing did throw me off, which I left feedback for).
    (3) They're offering different packages containing different goodies/fluff, you pay for whatever you want/can afford.

Now, don't get me wrong. Do I miss that nice % off pre-order that stacked with the member discount, yes. Would I love it if we could get it again, of course! BUT by now, this is nothing new, and shouldn't be a surprise for anyone.

BTW - Throughout the year I plan and save for this (one of my handful of guilty pleasures). I wouldn't be surprised if others did as well. So, pretty please with sugar on top, don't go throwing comments like that about your fellow players. Even if it were true, it's not a nice thing to do.. :oops:
    Xillean and Xianthia like this.
  18. Veshan New Member

Just one zone? Is this what expansions have come too?
  19. Rolo Member

I have all expac's etc. etc. etc... have had for what, 11 years now.

SOE never charged my card until the expac actually went live. Giving me a little trinket is hardly justification for the early charging of the card.
  20. Bekkr Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Haha no.
    Merriel, Tetrol, Wirewhisker and 3 others like this.