Halls of the Green Robes: Antonia Bayle

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Guide Croakis, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Guide Croakis Guide

Funny you should ask... ;)

Sunday 11-9 around 2pm pacific in Frostfang... I have heard there just might be a wee coldain looking for help with some research on the local fungus :rolleyes:

More Soon! :D
  2. Guide Croakis Guide

Tuesday 11-11-14:
    Around 10am in Halas... well... its latte time! ;)

More Soon!:rolleyes:
  3. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

The servers are going down tomorrow at 5a until at least noon PST for the expansion update, is there a chance that this date or time can be changed? Otherwise I'm sure many of us will be sad to have missed this event.
  4. Guide Croakis Guide

I am waiting to get in touch with the guide that had this planned... as soon as I have an update I will be posting it here. I should have caught the conflict myself :oops:
    I am sorry for the confusion :(

More Soon! :rolleyes:
  5. Guide Croakis Guide

Ok... :eek: UPDATE!!o_O
    Same time... next day.. :confused:

Wednesday 11-12... be in Halas around 10am pacific..... for.... well.... Latte... DA! :p

More Soon :rolleyes:
  6. Bellandu Senior Guide

Another.....UPDATE!!!!
    :)
    The login servers seem to be especially busy today and the guide doing the quest in Halas at 10am (Wednesday) cannot get in. So let's try this one more time.

Thursday 11/13....Halas around 10am pacific.....Latte time!
  7. Guide Croakis Guide

Thursday 11-13 around 4pm pacific in Enchanted Lands... halflings beware!!:confused:
    The trolls are loose!:eek:

8. Guide Croakis Guide

Coming Thursday 11-20 around 4pm pacific in Enchanted Lands... a homesick family of .....:eek: *gasp*:eek: ... frogs.. is in dire need of help!:( Please help them!:oops:

9. Vixun New Member

When is the next Nebulous Newsie quest? I missed it the other night. :(
  10. Tallann Senior Guide

Eep! Would you believe it was happening at the exact same time you were asking this question? *frowns*

Sorry you missed it again, but don't despair -- the quest just became available a day or two ago, so there hasn't been time to give much advanced notice yet. We know everyone's going to be eager to get started on it, though, so I'm sure there will be plenty of other opportunities to catch it in the near future, and we'll try to get at least some of them advertised here ahead of time.

- Tallann
  11. Vixun New Member

Figures, I should have waited a while longer to eat dinner.. but I was so hungry! :(
  12. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Thank you for this response Tallann, I was coming to ask about it being offered again and announcements. I'm very excited to get started and doing this quest.

Regards :)
  13. Lizabethan Active Member

Two questions -

Last time the new quest was run, I think it might've been one of the first times on AB, it seemed to be advertised in High_Level and not General. Will it always be announced there?

And what requirements are needed for the new quest? I've seen the reward, but haven't heard details on what level it is or where it happens to choose alts.

Thanks!
  14. Tallann Senior Guide

Not necessarily, but it is a quest that only the heartiest adventurers will be capable of completing, so it probably won't be uncommon for information about it to be shared in the more exclusive special frequencies adventurers listen to, in order to prevent giving less seasoned ones false expectations about their chances of completing it. Embarking on the adventure with some friends can certainly make things a bit easier, though, as one might imagine.

In addition to being strong and brave, interested adventurers will also need to be capable of accessing the most recently discovered lands. However, notes about this quest can easily be placed in the back of an individual's journal and left there until they are capable of tackling it. It's a patient one. *winks*

- Tallann
  15. Tallann Senior Guide

A shaman who is in tune with the spirit world has been hearing disturbing cries for help lately. He'll be in Obol Plains, somewhere within the area known as Cardin Ward, looking for people to investigate the poor soul's plight, on:
    • Friday, November 21st, at approximately 5:00 p.m. PST / 8:00 p.m. EST;
    • Saturday, November 22nd, at approximately 7:00 p.m. PST / 10:00 p.m. EST;
    • and Sunday, November 23rd, at approximately 9:00 p.m. PST / 12:00 a.m. (midnight) EST.*
    He will try to stick around for at least one hour during each appearance, or until interest dies down, whichever occurs first.

If none of his scheduled appearances work for you, don't worry -- there will be more opportunities in the future, and he might even show up unannounced sometime during the weekend, so keep your eyes peeled and your ears open!

*Additionally, the Thundering Steppes Aether track will be available on this day (Sunday, November 23rd) between the hours of 2:30 p.m. PST and 8:30 p.m. PST (5:30 p.m. EST and 11:30 p.m. EST), for those who are interested.

- Tallann

Eep! The boring disclaimers! Please note: All times/dates are subject to change, due to that pesky evildoer known as Real Life™, as all Guides are simply volunteers, and they are just as susceptible to unforeseen circumstances as anyone else. If an event is rescheduled (or cancelled), I will try to keep you posted on the new dates/times, but unfortunately, that won't always be possible. I sincerely apologize in advance to anyone who feels that their time has been wasted as the result of an unexpectedly cancelled or delayed quest, and I hope that it won't tarnish your enjoyment of future events.

Additionally, one never knows when a Guide might suddenly be bitten by the Inspiration bug or the Unexpected Spare Time bug and decide that they just have to host an event NOW!, so you should always be on the lookout for strange rumblings, especially in the special frequency "General" and "High_Level" channels that many of you listen to.
  16. Lizabethan Active Member

We need to discuss with Elders/Seniors on how to handle the demand for the new quest. :/

Tonight in Cardin Ward, over 100 people swarmed the poor actor toon and crashed them repeatedly. We had the usual people not moving, people throwing particle effects, but it was really just too many people. Is there any way the guides can come in numbers (like, four actors spawn and give the same quest)? Or can we make it so that you don't necessarily don't have to be on an actor to give out the quest, so we can at least bring in more people?

I feel really, really awful for this person trying to run Newsies right now, and can't imagine what trying to do this on Freeport during dinnertime will look like.
  17. Tallann Senior Guide

Note: these next two scheduled appearances are still happening, as is the planned appearance of the Thundering Steppes Aether track on Sunday. However, while I wasn't going to mention this because it's a real-world thing, it was an issue when the shaman made his scheduled appearance on Friday, so I figured it'd be best to go ahead and let everyone know -- I've been having trouble with my Internet connection for the past month or so, so it's quite likely that I might get disconnected (probably more than once) during the running of these quests, thanks to my DSL connection dropping and reestablishing itself periodically. If that happens, just be patient -- I'll return as soon as the connection gets restored. As those who were there tonight (Friday) saw, it usually just takes a few minutes at most. If I'm gone for longer than that, it would be safe to assume that my connection has been knocked out entirely, but these are usually just quick disconnect/reconnect issues that only last long enough to be a nuisance.

I hope to see you there!

- Tallann
  18. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

Big thank you for hosting this quest on Friday. It was obviously hectic and there were a lot of inconsiderate people. You guys work really hard volunteering your time to bring us a bit more fun and you are greatly appreciated! I can only imagine how horrible it was for you, thank you for doing this for us last night!
  19. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Tallann, perhaps you should show up in an Ogre disguise with some growth stuff on? I felt so sorry for you buried under that mass. Sometimes I think Guides need collision to ensure they have room to breathe.

Thank you for offering this quest, and the bag reward is fantastic! Any chance of offering a similar one that lower level characters can go on?
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Massive, massive kudos for putting up with that horde last night with such good grace, AND for staying well beyond the scheduled end time. It was appreciated by many.

For the players who plan on grabbing the quest today or tomorrow, realize that if you are grouped with other folks in Cardin, when one person in the group is offered the quest, the entire group is. You can help things go more smoothly by grabbing folks into groups right away when arriving, then leaving the zone once you have the quest. (If the hordes are huge, putting away your pack ponies, goblins, fluff pets, overlarge mounts, etc. will also help lessen the insanity.)
    Jazabelle and Malleria like this.