Contested H3 Spawn Timers

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Zhevally, May 10, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zhevally Well-Known Member

I would love to see a lower spawn timer or a lower requirement to pop a new instance for the sake of H3 kills. On maj, especially with the new shinies, it is really common for there to be multiple groups just trying to do h3s. With there being only 6 h3 mobs, having 3 groups trying to do h3s in the same instance is rough. (Very common for there to be 5+ h3 groups and only 2 versions of contested up).
    I'm not sure what the spawn timer is for these, but know its over two hours.
    I would like to see spawn times closer to 60-90 minutes(or a lower threshold to pop new zones so people can spread out more).
    Suedoenimm and Clintsat like this.
  2. Froakin Member

They have heard your request, and added a new script that now boots people who are afk for 15 minutes to the Ruins of Varsoon! This way, there are even less zones! Isn't that lovely?

In all seriousness, agreed here. Too much bottlenecking in the H3 areas (and sometimes h1/solo) when multiple groups want to do that specific content, but most of the content is H2, and the limit for a new instance to pop up seems to be fairly high considering that the odds of players being evenly spread through the zone is low. I feel like they should either make new zones spin up faster, or make the named respawn faster.

Oh, and the respawn I believe is roughly 3 to 4 hours. It might have a variance, but I haven't exactly sat here from the dead of one mob to see when it repopped (which would be harder now due to the port to 15 to Varsoon script lol)

(15 minutes seems to be the case on the new script. Once I heard people were getting ported, wanted to see it myself. Just sat at my computer not touching the EQ window to see what would happen.)

Edit: On a lighter note, it is kinda funny. You end up in an actual jail cell in Ruins of Varsoon lol. Never been there before. Assuming there's no penalty for doing it, it is funny enough to sit around just to see it once.
  3. Zhevally Well-Known Member

Yeah I got ported right before I posted this...on a good note, it seems doing literally anything at all, even moving keeps you safe. (Auto run doesn't count). Probably a fix for the people holding higher instances open for their guild only.
  4. Froakin Member

So all you need to do, is set up one of those drinking birds to hit a key every so often! Problem solved, forever!

Good to know, but wish they would address the core issues behind the behaviors they don't like, instead of trying to make it harder for people to enjoy the game in the way/rate they want to enjoy it.
    Goezer and Zhevally like this.
  5. Zhevally Well-Known Member

Yeah I would rather them just leave all the instances with people in them on the door, so anyone can get into any open instance. (Versus now where when an instance first pops if you get in and transfer fast, other zone is now below the threshold and people can't cross over........even ignoring the people keeping zones open part)
    Jrox likes this.
  6. Bentenn Well-Known Member

The suck part is.. the instances held open by guilds means the lower instances were left alone for all others to enjoy.. they ship just sailed lol....
    Aumarea likes this.
  7. Goezer Master of Crayons

I agree, spawn timers need to be brought down to something more reasonable and/or bring down the number to spin a new zone up. I personally would love both. It's contested, not he who clears zone first leaves everyone else nothing to do for 2+ hours waiting for mobs to spawn. If this is where we are intended to spend our time outside of raid, make it viable to do so.
    Clintsat and Zhevally like this.
  8. Aumarea New Member

If the intent on this is to make us not want to ever log our mains in because we have to preserve our timers/increments - then Bravo, well done!
  9. Zhevally Well-Known Member

If that were actually true, would of been nice. Guilds were using the instances they had held open and the other ones to farm. Just means those guilds only have access to the same mobs as everyone else now instead of being able to kill those mobs and 6-12 more lol. But issues with the kickout timer mechanisms deserve their own thread for whatever thoughts people have.

There should be enough mobs with reasonable spawn timers(or popping of new instances) for people who want to kill things to be able to kill things without afking waiting multiple hours for repops.
    Aumarea and Goezer like this.
  10. Aumarea New Member

The overwhelming issue at this point is that it takes too many players to spawn another instance, which is one reason people were holding zones open. Now, if a group goes through, kills the mobs, and leaves, there are not enough players to spawn an instance with killable mobs. This leads to waiting hours for repops, and there will not be enough mobs for enough people.
    Manafizzle likes this.
  11. Goezer Master of Crayons

This is exactly what I mentioned a few lines up. Lower spawn time and number to spin another instance
    Monstuhr, Priority and Aumarea like this.
  12. Priority Well-Known Member

You do realize that kept us out of a general instance instead of walking in and dominating a zone while the folks that actually need the gear will just watch some overgeared group powering through?

I guess you can get your gear from SLR now.
    Jrox likes this.
  13. Merlina New Member

I remember an announcemet some years ago. There will be no contested dungeons anymore in the future. I missed them and I was happy another one came with the last gu.

The problem is, that they placed far too much progression content in a single contested dungeon. In order to get the final rewards you have to do all the achievements. In order to finish all of the achievements you have to do the h3 content.

Only the adventure quests are possible to finish without killing h3 mobs. If the players are able to control their aoe spells but this is another problem in pick up groups.

You have to kill h3 trash mobs to finish the drop and flower quest collections. You need to kill the first h3 named to get there if you do not have a helping port hand.

If you want to get the shoes and the helmet you will have to kill all 6 h3 nameds.

We killed 5/6 last evening in an empty zone. The nameds were not up again 3,5 hours later. Assumed someone in your group still has a job you come to the conclusion that it is possible to kill every h3 mobs in 1 instance during one evening prime time session. No more. 6 mobs per instance for a complete server during the prime time. Yes, I know, there are players who seem to play 24/7 but they should not be the only one to finish the progression.

For me it is fine that you have to kill all 6 h3 mobs once to finish the progression but the h3 nameds are mostly killed for 3 more reasons.

1. The h3 nameds are farmed for loot. They drop t14 or t15 with rare loot which should be the same like a t4 raid mob (i never saw one in this add on) Some players farm the contested h3 to sell the loot in the channel. Prices between 100.000.000 oder over 3.000.000.000 plat/per piece are motivation enough.

2. The h3 mobs will be killed to maintain the Heroic Focus buff. I am not quite sure what the thoughts of the dev who designed this buff were but what do you think hardcore players will do to maintain a buff that gives them 160 fervor and 200 fervor overcap?????

3. To finish the new purple collection you will have to loot 16 shinies (including 4 no trades) which only drop if you kill a h3 named.

I do not see any problem with farming and selling the loot. We killed all h3 mobs and know the strategies. We are able to kill the mobs with a first pull but i still remember the first kills and lots of wipes but we had the time to find aout the strategies.

In the future no one will get this time anymore. If there are only one or two instances for the farmes they will stand behind you and if you wipe with your first pull, say good bye to your progression evening.

I think it is a very bad idea to make a contested farm target for loot necessary for progression kills.

My suggestion is to lock the Mushroom Caves and the Takish Archives and make them instanced with an 18 hours lockout timer. Add the tree to the instance and do not let him drop loot in the contested version. This will give all players who did not already have the very high resolve for h3 content the chance to finish the progression in the future.
  14. Zhevally Well-Known Member

Good for you, if you were only killing in 1 instance I guess?
    I'm not sure what this does for SLR, as there honestly hasn't been much of that all xpac on my server.

I honestly don't care about the timer kick out thing cause it really doesn't change anything for me, since I wasn't holding higher instances open.

I'm more concerned with waiting hours for mobs to repop, which we already had to do before the change....hence the thread.
    The shinies being added brought people that weren't running contested as much back and have made the respawn timer extra challenging as everyone that was done outside of their one kill a day is back to farm mode again, whereas the staggering of the number of players wanting to farm h3 made it kind of manageable before.
  15. Bentenn Well-Known Member

you weren't specifically, but you had some in your guild that were, but that's not the point as well. I'm onboard with quicker spawn rates, but they also need to put the zones back to the way they were. I did hold zones open and most the time it was last night PST farming when hardly anyone else was on, but now I guess it will be true contested and the chats will be even more alive :)
  16. Priority Well-Known Member

Im concerned with all of it.

This entire contested has broken the rules of every contested before it. The respawns are 4 times longer, shinies you can only see after killing a named, a debuff keeping most groups from pulling entire rooms, a 4 hour buff from killing nameds that needs refreshed.

It's a terrible change all around and having those higher instances held open is what allowed most groups to compete. Taking those away guarantees im killing every T3 named i feasibly think i can right over top of any other group in there.

If you feel that's impacting your game play, too bad. It's impacting mine that you think you have some claim to a mob you havent engaged or locked encounter on.
  17. Clintsat Well-Known Member

The four-hour buff is what's going to cause issues. It's going to force people in the zone competing that would normally let others get their quest/kill updates. A simple fix is to just have the adorn buff work off of H3 instance kills too.
    Monstuhr, Manafizzle, Hennyo and 4 others like this.
  18. Twisty Well-Known Member

hey Chrol, making this change might actually remove the need to add Rejuvinations to contested H3s? and we'll just say that you did the work adding them to contested without doing the work... win / win?
    Clintsat likes this.
  19. Priority Well-Known Member

You know, I wanna log in and do something with my only viable character (because of how alt friendly this game has become), but I can't because I've only got 35 minutes left on my buff and no group until 5.5 hours from now. Guess I'll go do something else rather than engage with the content.

Good change, DBG.
    Aumarea likes this.
  20. Bentenn Well-Known Member

So you can’t do something on your toon because you don’t have the buff lol. Probably the same stuff you were doing on your toon before you got the buff. Don’t completely derail the thread. Most people, including yourself l, rock the buff for raids. So logging in to just do something, doesn’t mean you can’t get into the contested for another kill.

I agree with twisty. @chrol, make H3 runs viable again by adding the buff from H3 kills
    Clintsat likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.