Server Maintenance - March 16, 2021

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Nadeshiko New Member

Thank you so much for making our favorite game a better experience for us all! :)
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

Haha I finally just got Test downloaded. :) Oh well, I'll be back into Advanced Settings in April, where I assume the PvP TL beta server will be, so the refresher for my memory turned out to be good.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thanks game looking good .
    you can always come visit to see the stuff we get 2 weeks later Siren .
    The test server is permanent and we test small things about 2 weeks ahead .
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Normalerweise beträgt die Ausfallzeit am Dienstag einige Stunden. Dreamweaver hat immer wieder Updates veröffentlicht, und sie sollten jetzt tatsächlich erscheinen.
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

Wow, you know I totally forgot about Test. I'm on there now with my first wee newbie. It's really fun! :cool:
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

that's awesome , Siren :D and you know you can use those free baubles to insta level as many of your toons to level 110 for free as you want .
    there are 3 dungeons full of furniture you can get for free just ask somebody on test for an invite.
    We can buy all our advanced books at the Tower of the Moon in Maj'Dul no faction grinding needed .
    We always have a xp bonus on for the little baby toons that we sort of want to take our time with leveling .

Niami our Den Mother has a thread all about the Test Server called Welcome to the Public Test Server on the Test Server Forum .
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You actually KNOW?? :eek: Wow! Every time I try to find the actual numbers involved, like "You've bought a grand total of XX slots over the years; you have X blank slots left available" the Powers look at me as though I decapitated [your most favorite celeb here] and want them to bury the head so I don't get caught. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Image didn't load? Remember, we can't upload images directly here from our hard drives (/sigh); you'll need a third-party image host site (hopefully not one who requires extra fees for us to post things outside of their site). :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

D'OH!! X-P

O me of little faith...yeah, I should've checked there, too. So sad I didn't see this message until much later... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

1. Log in.

2. Look to the upper left corner, where it says Version: [and probably] US English [or EU English].

3. Click on the version/region, either US English or EU English.

4. New screen comes up: ADVANCED TOOLS and SELECT GAME VERSION.

5. There's a drop-down menu, with US English, EU English, Public Test, or Beta as choices.

6. Select Public Test (NOT BETA. PUBLIC TEST IS NOT BETA. EVER.)

7. Click the APPLY button.

8. Give things a chance to catch up on scanning sorry, checking files.

9. Click PLAY button when it comes up.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...the last I knew, one could only use the 110 level Tokens (at least the Adventuring ones) if you created a level 110 toon from scratch at the beginning (i.e., started at 110) and then used the Token to "unlock" the toon for further levelling? At least, those are the 110 Tokens we could (can? Is he back up selling again? :D) buy from Finch or Filch or whatever the merch's name was. ;->

If the Token is from a purchase of a Collector's Edition, yep, they'll work on Test toons as well. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

As in, "I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue"? ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"Mr. Mechanic, sir, my car [computer/phone/etc.] is making this funny noise when I do this -- [runs silently and beautifully, or purrs like a sleeping kitteh] hmm, never mind..."

[gets three miles down the road to back home in the car, or turns on the appliance at home] "SPUTTER, COUGH, WHEEZE, GASP, SPROING, tinkle"

"DAMMIT!!!"

Uwk
    who has been there more than once... X-P
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Zwei Stunden, sagten sie uns ... :( Seufz.

Uwk
  15. Elgo Member

Could not connect to login server.

Unable to reach launchpad.......

It seems the servers are still not working as intended. After more than 16 hours.....
    Wiwian and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...was that the fairly typical error message splashed across the initial splash page to log in? With Queen Christanos (sp.?) of the Waist Smaller Than Her Head? I get those on a faintly regular basis, where the next step in the process would be going to the new splash page featuring the current Vah Shir Beastlord dude (?) on his throne, surrounded by spirit critters. Instead of traveling on to that point, there's just Herself and a red-orange-brown window within that fills with text, a couple of lines worth? :-/

In that case, kill the annoying wretch by clicking the upper right X button and try again. So far, that's always worked for me.

And yep, I was able to get in (well, at least to the Character Select page) pretty well. :)

EDIT: Well, I was at the CS page for US, then went over to Thurgadin. Logged in blithely, then made the mistake of turning my back on it and walking away to tend to a midnight snack...came back to that horror of horrors, "Trying login server #1..." "NOOOoooOOO! :eek:" Lo and behold, a slightly different error than yours: "Could not connect to a login server. The servers may be busy; please try again in a few minutes." :(

And, of course, Thurg is where my two last toons are who need to finish their BREWDAY quests... X-P

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Maldo Spellweaver New Member

unfreacking beleivable, after not being able to login due to patch error, now we cant login due to login server issues - get ur freakking act together unless ur goal is to force people to stop playing
  18. ootuko New Member

Same here, not able to login in.
  19. Celan Active Member

Yes, the login server is acting up. I actually was in-game and wanted to swap characters and it dropped me, saying blah blah acoount/name or password wrong. I
    If you get something like this or similar, please do NOT attempt to reset your password, the error is not on your end and this will only make it worse.
    Your best bet is just to keep trying (worked for me at like the 15th time) or leave it for a while and hope it has been sorted out when you come back later.
  20. Yenk Active Member

Sure, you will be able to login after the 3rd or 4th try.
    For the last week I often had to try 2 times to log in, the second try worked.
    This morning it was the 4th try.

Go trying a few times, and I'm sure, you will be able to log in.