Server Maintenance - March 16, 2021

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Green eggs can be explained away by having Easter dyes leak through the pores in hard boiled egg shells to lightly tint the white beneath...green ham, on the other hand... :-/

Was gonna give up on Thurgadin until the folks in San Diego were actually back in the office (though if there's anyone working over in the EU, they should've been there around 8-9 am their time, which would have been... [checking my UK clock] about 2-3 hours ago, since I think PDT is 7 hours behind the UK [PST = usually 8] and 8 behind Central EU [usually 9]. At any rate, if they have actual humans reporting in, they may notice their server is looking a little depopulated) and do some catching up on activities in US Live servers, since I was able to get to the Character Screen earlier. "Not this time, kitteh! No server for you!" Not even Public Test. X-P

Grrr... :mad:

Uwk
    also really, really wanting more time for Brewday :-/
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Puglish New Member

I'm in on AB, boys & girls!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Me too! Managed that with the ol' .exe end-run, then pressed my luck and tried Thurgadin the usual way...and it worked! :D

Of course, according to the info in the header, the last build was Mar 10, but I won't quibble. ;->

A week before this week's "routine maintenance"... ;->

Uwk
    gonna count my blessings and hope I can actually /camp to another toon on Thurgadin when I need to :D

EDIT: YES!!! /Camping to another toon on Thurg worked! :D

But one wonders: if the most recent date of the build that worked to get me in, /camping, moving without a lot of lag at all, etc. was a week ago, does that mean even the game didn't recognize the maintenance/patch/etc. from yesterday? :-/
    Breanna and Cylob like this.
  4. Cylob Member

More in! Well done: have fun!
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

American servers will come down too today.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Maldicente New Member

Is everything still down, I still cant get logged in.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

When? I've been on Thurg all morning... :-/

Successfully... :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Try looking for the EverQuest2.exe file in your game directory. Be careful with it, but if you double-click on it, or right-click and choose Open, it should get you in using old school methods.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

everything is up and going , besides Beta , no idea have not trued to get in for a wile
  10. Maldicente New Member

I attempt to log in the usual way, patcher gets to "installing 15k of 640k (2.7%) fails and then the "Installing" button turns into a "retry" button, which then fails again.
    I've also gone into the everquest2 folder and attempted to use the exe route but it doesnt recognize my login/password and that fails also (i tried literally dozens of times to no avail)
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o Siren come to the Test Server we are chasing Eggsters now and man we get pretty things this year .
  12. Kattt Well-Known Member

I am not demanding, just asking nicely. Aside from having 6yrs to catch up on (returning player,) I still had half my toons to run through Brewday for enough to buy stuff to catch up. But the downtime kind of messed up my plans. Could you please, please give us some extra time to get things done on the event? Pretty please? =)
    ~Thank you.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I second what Katt said . please , pretty please
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Kaitheel wasn't sure we needed more time, because I guess he didn't know about the login problems? I know folks are probably mostly working from home, still, but couldn't they at least talk to each other... :-/

Maybe those of us here affected by it should pipe up in the official release post for Brewday, or even on Test Server there... ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Plus, the build date/number I have across the top of my Windowed screen is as follows:

EverQuest II (Mar 10 2021 10:12:27) USER OPTIMIZED: DGCBuild=15971L

whatever all that means. The main thing I grok is the date, from over a week ago, meaning that I guess even the game didn't recognize that a patch/maintenance/something had occurred? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, looks like he's still bald under that fez...

Uwk
    Breanna and Quiarrah like this.
  18. Tkia Well-Known Member

The build date is never going to be the same as your patch date since they have to build it, test it and THEN load it up on the next available patch date.
  19. Siren Well-Known Member

I already rolled several characters a couple days ago during that latest large downtime we had, and I'm still there now. :) B'easter pets galore, woo! Except I just got a huge lag spike and got kicked off (been lagging off and on for a couple hours on Test, even with 200/200 wired FIOS and no one else on the line).

I'm going to try and get right back on now. Thanks so much for the recommendation, it's really fun!
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That, and the only way I was able to get in at all was by going through the most recent version of the .exe file. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.