Server Maintenance - March 16, 2021

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 15, 2021.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Soara2 like this.
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

That would be 14:00 UTC it seems. Why can't you people change your clocks at the same time as everyone else any more?! :D
  3. LilYukiFox New Member

Because they are not the same time as you as you are not the same as me possibly... :p
  4. Zinj Well-Known Member

Ahem.

Pardon me Dreamweaver, but March 15th, 2021 falls on a Monday in our universe under the Gregorian Calendar. Tuesday would be on the 16th. Unless you got caught up in a malfunctioning Chronoportal?

"All EverQuest II Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, March 15, 2021 at 7:00 AM PT (15:00 UTC). Estimated downtime is expected to last up to 2 hours."
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

LOL Tkia , that's like saying why cant you all drive on the same side of the road as everyone else , everyone else like you ?
    O shish stop complaining you all , he posted it on the 15th it sais the 16th to me .
  6. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Maintenance is currently extended as the team works to correct an issue found during smoke testing. We will bring the servers up ASAP. Thank you for your patience.
  7. Jasonis New Member

Hopefully they did not lose the servers in the Chronoportal!
  8. Nukyular Member

I don't want to be too much of a *****, but SOE had these updates down to like 15 minutes at one point. On the other hand, if they did one that took waaaay longer than expected, they had a bad habit of just letting the players stew with no communication at all.
  9. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

That would be unfortunate, they'd have to send me through again and the last few trips already scrambled things.
  10. KillPhil New Member

Me wants in! Lets me in!!!!! *twitches*
  11. garcia Member

back after 2yrs i see nothing has changed
  12. LVPaul New Member

Maintenance is currently extended as the team works to correct an issue found during smoke testing. We will bring the servers up ASAP. Thank you for your patience.

smoke testing, please share the smoke!!
  13. Sedient Active Member

Smoke test failures generally relate to something fundamental or basic failing. Did the Clock of Ak'Anon not update for DST?
  14. FilCat New Member

cannabis is not allowed in all states :)
  15. LVPaul New Member

i never heard that term before, thanks, learned something this morn
  16. Valandra Member

17. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I hadn't heard that term ever used with patching software before. The kind of "smoke testing" I recall seems to be already adequately covered by others in this forum.
  18. Suzze/Barshen/Baratroub Active Member

They are Safe.. They are in California!
  19. KillPhil New Member

I keepa knockin but chu won't let me in!

oooh slug *wanders off*
  20. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Physically, maybe. Just sayin'...