Fixed Internally Unable to download SocketError

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Boghoplit, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Azealia New Member

I went through and uninstalled numerous times and it just gives socket error for both regular game and beta. Hopefully this gets taken care of soon...
    Aylea likes this.
  2. Heresford Active Member

Well, I wouldn't want to be on the hook for the SLA fines the cloud provider's going to be shelling out. ;)
  3. Jrox Well-Known Member

For the 99% Loading error, this is working for a large amount of folks after messing around all day!

When you're at 99% disconnect internet. Wait. Then reconnect

The message shifts at the bottom right when it's ready. Don't remember the messages but when it does plug back in and it switches thru and pushes you into the game

Sticks at "Loading zone resources." Wait for it to switch to "... something entities" and reconnect
    -----------------------------------------------
    Zoning will lock on each new zone you go to, when it gets stuck zoning unplug and replug when the words change. You have to be quick.

I know it sounds wonky, but $h!t works!!
  4. Wazeau deLierre New Member

Holy moly, thanks Jrox but this actually worked for me. I disconnected and reconnected while I was stuck at 99%. The first time it just went back to "loading ui resources" and stuck again, but I re-disconnected and connected, and then it loaded.

Thanks@
    Scorpiocruz and Jrox like this.
  5. Danascus New Member

It worked for me, you are my hero!
    Jrox likes this.
  6. Twyla Well-Known Member

Well, it's officially the weekend now and still cant' get on, nothing anyone's suggested has worked here. I don't expect anything until late next week now :( ( Ah, 2020 the year that keeps on giving). I was hoping to finish the hero's quest line on my last toon before it goes away for another year. Oh well, here's hoping they get it fixed by Frostfell...at this point I question that. Maybe launch?
  7. Kiaa New Member

So can we please get this fixed ASAP...
  8. Kiaa New Member

Is anyone else still experiencing the socket issue?
    If i was DB i would be handing some free stuff out when the issue is fixed.. missing out on beta..
    Aylea and Azealia like this.
  9. Anastaise Active Member

I'm still having the socket issue. I can't get into Beta =(
    Aylea likes this.
  10. Singes New Member

Yes, also having socket issue.
    Aylea likes this.
  11. Kiaa New Member

Tried going to EQ1 to kill time for the first time in like 15 years lol. got a socket on that as well D:
  12. Scorpiocruz New Member

13. Scorpiocruz New Member

SO worked for me ty
  14. Sleppen Active Member

This does work, but be forewarned that you will have to do it again each time you zone.
  15. Sinz New Member

Kinda reminds me of launch in 2006..Still using Sony servers?? lol now that players have found some work around any eta on when Devs can fix this..

Edit: Since I see this is effecting Dcuo to..Question Did you add stuff for PS5/Xbox new systems??
  16. Rdy2rock Member

So what happened to we need to delay content until we resolve some hardware issues and other problems...and then here comes more content with the expansion...
  17. Loviatrix New Member

Socket error here as well. Sigh.
    Aylea likes this.
  18. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Did DCUO? Not sure sorry, I don't work on that title. I can try to find out for you but you may have a little quicker luck asking on their forums.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Kiaa New Member

just keep our fingers crossed
  20. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

The potential fix I announced over in Announcements and News is still ongoing, so hopefully it will get to the point where it's possible to get ETAs.