A Note from Jenn Chan

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by JChan, Jun 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lightt Member

Why is the mount only 1 per account? Would want to use as appearance on multiple characters :(
  2. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

It is heirloom.

You can get similar mounts from Chaos Descending. It is also likely that they did not want to undermine people who purchased Chaos Descending Collector (Skoria Torrentmane) and Premium (Hestia Emberhoof) editions.
  3. Jrox Well-Known Member

Awesomeness??? Quick fix??? This got worse today. I read this article and thought, man they are really trying. Made me feel like I wanted to get behind you all.

Then I read between the lines...
    _________________________________________________________________________________
    ~Caith
    "ZONES AND POPULATION
    To address an exploit, zones that allow the Fount of Power buff will now automatically cast the spell when a player logs in and the Fount of Power buff has been removed from player spell books."
    __________________________________________________________________________________

So much time and effort, correcting something that has been intentionally left in the game for years... Not game breaking either, unless your not a top 5 RAID guild who has already gotten all the gear this xpack they need. The raid content just got twice as difficult for everyone but them.

That is about the only thing becoming transparent around here. You all value your top 5 raid guilds getting their loot and accomplishments and that is the extent of it. Seriously, every time they reach a milestone you guys f**k something else for the rest of us.

You write this long letter to the community that makes me want to get behind you, then I come into game when I get home from work and see this crap. I have no idea on how classes that were utilizing this buff are now going to combat your stupidly over powered and 10 minute fights, as they just became 20 min fights. I would have said, if you really want to get rid of it, how bout your devs go play some of these fights with progression gear they could only attain by working up to said mob and tell me just how much fun they are having.

Can it be done? YES. Is it going to be enjoyable or otherwise FUN? HELL-NO!!

I don't mind a grind or even a time sink of some sort thrown in here and there to help extend the life of content the way we barrel through a lot of it. But I don't want to fight one mob for 10-20 min What a snooze fest. Seriously.

The Fount of Power buffing technique has been in the game for over three years now? C'mon, you cannot honestly tell me it was never meant to be in the game. Because if it wasn't, your current content is way out of whack! Just like this whole apology. Sorry I'm the negative Nancy here, but this nerfing crap has to stop or at least nerf this content. Nothing is being balanced it's just getting worse...by the day.

You can delete it now, had to be said though. Not everyone is a s ecstatic as those being portrayed above me.

Just sayin...

TL;DR Still sucking.
  4. Paragonvii Active Member

how can I say this....I LOVE THE MOUNT THANK YOU!!!!!!!
  5. Rargo Active Member

Thank you for the update. Looking forward to stability and new content in the future.
  6. RedBB Active Member

It a step in the right direction. I know I've been pretty harsh with y'all in the past but this shows y'all are listening. While I still have my laundry list of gripes that don't need rehashing, this was the biggest admitting there is a a problem and working to resolve it. Goes a long way with me, thank you.
  7. Miauler Active Member

Must say, I can understand entirely! I've been working in systems architecture for a few decades and the core tenet is "If it can go wrong it will. If it can't go wrong, it'll find a way. The understanding and good will of your use base takes you and awful lot further than you'd think".
    And you've had these "interesting times" to deal with on top of large changes. I take my hat off to you, and want to say to the ops, "You did well! I take my hat off to you.".
    Besides, if you were to offer us the five or six nines uptime, I suspect none of use would be able to afford to play the offered game. :)
  8. Kelesia New Member

As part of the never giving up, can those of us banned from the official discord for disagreeing in the past be unbanned? Please?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Sionx Renaissance Ranger

Thank you for the insight Jenn. It's reassuring to hear that the pain felt by the user community is recognized and you're taking action. We can be hopeful that the user community reciprocates by recognizing what it takes to deliver a real-time, online experience like EQ2 that never sleeps. For those of us in the industry, we feel and sympathize with the pains that your team deals with and, along with not giving up, we'll never surrender. ;-)
  10. Dakk New Member

I have come back to EQ2 after being away for a long time and it did not take long to find all the new stuff going on. I also noted a lot of problems going on that had me wondering if coming back was a good idea. But you letter cleared up a lot of things I took notice of. I am glad you took the time to let everyone know what is happening behind the scenes. Your efforts are appreciated and regarded with great confidence.

Thank You So Much

Dakarus
  11. silex New Member

So going forward, we need time to work on the solutions that I've touched on above. I'm asking you to continue to have patience with us and to continue to work with us in these trying times. We're going to complete and release some projects that we feel are almost done and pause for a bit to catch our breath and analyze the pain points from a holistic view. I've asked the team to double down on our current efforts in stability, performance, and quality. As a result, some of you may notice a lack of new things in-game for a bit while we focus on these issues. This doesn't mean that our normally scheduled annual plans at the end of the year are at risk, just that there will be a pause for a bit. In the meantime, please accept our apology and this Samenda Honorhoof (mount) which you can get by logging into the game between June 9 at 12 PM PDT to June 24 at 12 PM PDT.. I believe that with your help we can make it out of these challenging times and can once again enter a mythical era.

Please elaborate on this statement "As a result, some of you may notice a lack of new things in-game for a bit while we focus on these issues." What thing's? Please tell me it is not the Darkside of the Luclin this is referring to, the mid year content that we all have been waiting for.

Samenda Honorhoof (mount) could have at least been at level of current content, worthy of leveling and not just a illusion mount.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  12. Reckoning112 New Member

The new mount is so dope

Jen Chan is the MVP here
  13. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Are you serious?

They had zero obligation to give anything. The letter was awesome.

You get a mount appearance that was previously reserved for Chaos Descending Collector or Premium Edition or $200 membership bundle.

Take it gratefully and walk away with some dignity.
  14. Dude Well-Known Member

Somewhere on these forums was a note from Dreamweaver telling folks to send him a PM to see if the ban was permanent or temporary.
  15. Mowse Well-Known Member

Thank you DBG for continued provision of a good diversion from RL. Lag, downtime, glitches.. so? My mother never told me everything would be free of problems. I think expectations get a little out of line at times. So, thank you again DBG
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you for taking time out of your day to communicate with us and give us some idea of what is going on behind the scenes. Thank you as well for the mount, its stunning.
  17. Dude Well-Known Member

Where do you see this posted as being mid year content? My impression is that the other side of the moon is the next expansion, but I can't really find anything about that either.
  18. Zinj Well-Known Member

Thank you, Jenn.
  19. Inyuyasha Member

Thank Jenn for the information and apology and the general ownership of the issues.... it is really appreciated...

I do have an issue with the mount though, while I know it is free and it a gift to us for how things have been but unless a person is only in for the appearance the mount fails completely for usability this expansion.... the stats on it are worse than the solo mount by far and, by this time of the expac, everyone and their alt has a solo mount that is in this expac's content... I would like to see the stats be increased to the level of between heroic mount stats and solo mount stats as it would be an upgrade for most people as the heroic mount is not as prevalent... and it still would not be as good as the collectors or premier mounts that people paid money for...

thank you
    SolarFaire likes this.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Thanks for bluntly addressing the issues. Any time players feel less like mushrooms is A Good Thing.

Since y'all are telecommuting anyway, can you get Domino back? ;P
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.