Nights of the Dead 2018 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I really appreciate this! This is on a character that did not do NotD last year on test.
    She got the familiar and titles fairly quickly.

1 Wand
    34 candles
    31 bloody plushies
    27 grave mounds
    24 mummy heads
    11 gray dragons
    2 slime cubes

At this point I've been at this a total of five hours and still missing two of the collectibles. Leucosia and Niami have both been offering them. Wanted to add numbers to your data :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thank you!!! And thanks to you and the artist(s) for the fabulous house items! (A quick placement test shows them all looking good so far, but my brain is leaking too much grave dust for me to be fully sure I'd notice anything subtle with them.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I hope I can explain this properly and have it make sense ...

"Troubled Tome" housepet is having issues.

Stay doesn't get it to stay like it should ... whether a separate issue or tied to that, unlike every other housepet I can think of, when you click "stay" then right-click it again, there isn't a "wake up" option ... the "stay" option is still listed.

Does that make sense? I ... need a break, I think
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Chikkin Well-Known Member

test server, character Ennia

cannot find my Gravedigger's shovel from last year ( I had to have one because I have the grave digger, grave waker titles on her) It's not equipped, not in appearance, not in bags, nor bank, shared bank, nor house vault.

/finditem command finds nothign when I search for shovel, no matches when I search for grave

where else could it be?

I have to add, I tried to pick up another when I saw it, but game tells me I already have Gravedigger's shovel and cannot have another

could one of devs please poke through Ennia's files and see if it's some bug or what happened to that dang shovel?

Thank you
  5. Mirt Well-Known Member

The drop rate on these shinies for the grave digging is just horrendous. A world event should not be uber-grindy. :(
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

You missed Kaitheel's response - he's poking at it :)
  7. Mirt Well-Known Member

just saw it after I posted LOL
  8. Mirt Well-Known Member

THANK YOU KAITHEEL FOR FIXING THE DROP RATE! :)
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Mirt Well-Known Member

Kaitheel - any chance you can change the crazy drop rate on the bat mount to not take thousands of pumpkin pulping to get it?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Level 110 scaling testing ...
    Broken Mirrors - looks good
    A Nightmarish Return (tested by a guildmate) - looks good
    The Haunting - looks good
    There Will be Ghosts - minor oddness, noted below, but otherwise is fine

Stll to be tested by level 110 folks to see if the mobs scale properly:
    Survive the Night

Minor Oddness on "There Will be Ghosts" -
    A minor thing, but when you light the coffins on fire, the vamps fall down dead from "On Fire" before you can even hit them (I turned off my warden epic pet and damage shields to be sure, and yep, they are faceplanted before you can blink.
  11. questofbeto New Member

Will the headless Mask/illusion headless huntsman mask be back? If not can you bring it back?
  12. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to bother, I found it. It was on my broker, god knows why I put it there

I'm sorry
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Crafting:
    Recipe name: Crimson Corpse Cover
    Item name: Crimson Cover Up
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I just put in a /bug but thought you might want to know here: be careful when you log out without thinking at 2am ;)

I logged off last night near a tombstone. I think I climbed upon it accidentally before logging and I just logged back in stuck in the tombstone. It's kinda funny somewhat.
    My bad but hey, you might want to know about it.
    I can evac/gate out of my tombstone so no biggie

loc is : 563.33, -18.27, -377.08
  15. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

A Nightmarish Illness does not work above 100. Even if you mentor down to 95.

It does work at level 100.

Mobs do scale to 110, but you dont get the cut-scenes when the specter is chasing the gnome, nor do you get the cutscene when facing Altius.

If you try to zone back to Nek, after exiting the final area it tells you you have to be level 1-100 to enter...I just brought up quick travel to exit the maze.
    Also, the mobs at level 100 go down so fast, would be nice if they were given just a little more health if possible.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Chikkin like this.
  16. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Got my specter's terror at last (took me 2h more but on and off, so 1h digging I think).
    I never found the banshee's wail (which was given to me by Zamsari).

I have 9 doubles/triples etc. I even got 5 times Haint shadow, if anybody needs it.

My final breakdown is:
    - 1 petamorph wand
    - 0 cube pet
    -15 charcoal baby dragon clothwork
    - 23 bloody tooth skeleton plushie
    - 28 fresh grave mound
    - 29 arrangement of snuffed candles
    - 29 mummy head
    - 31 shinies (I never dropped the banshee's wail nor the banshee's wail)

I'll say once more what I said above. With the 5 seconds animation + the 10 seconds waiting time, it's a bit of a pain to wait. Could we get the waiting time reduced in half?
  17. Cuora Member

I logged in Friday pm at around 7:30 pm eastern time and went until 10:45 pm eastern time. I got my final collection piece at 10:44 pm. In that time I was able to dig up:
    14 snuffed candles
    16 grave mounds
    6 Bloody tooth skeleton plushies
    20 mummy heads
    1 slime cube
    5 Charcoal baby dragon cloth work

Of the collectibles, I got these in addition to the ones I added to the collection:
    1 Golem's charge
    2 Werewolf's howl
    1 Ghoul's search
    1 Vampire bite
    1 Revenant's Vengeance
    1 Zombie Moan
    1 Mummy curse

I was digging in Freeport near the prestige house portal.

Just FYI :). Going to try some of the other fun things this afternoon :).
  18. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

In the haunted mansion, at level 110, as said above, the vampires insta-die in the familly room. They're hit by "On Fire" for values around "357 754 082 focus damage" which is probably the problem.

On the McQuibble timeline, I once more had the quests duplicate themselves and I skipped Scarry Scarecrows. I already had the last 2 twice in my journal and timeline ended after McQuibble's Mistery. Then I remembered the trick to select the quests in completed journal, but I did it first on "The Troubling Truth" and spoke to Heribert, not realizing I had 2 duplicates and not one. Anyway, he skipped directly to the last quest, "The troubling Truth" so I never had to speak to the family.
    I now have 2 "McQuibble's Mistery" in my journal, one from 09/22/2010 and one from 09/22/2018. Deleting my 2016 Scary Scarecrows while on "The Troubling Truth" didn't prevent me from finishing the timeline.
    I oneshotted the scarekrow king and his minions (but I did the same last year). Loot was level 70 (Xevus the Wavebraker and Golden Privateer's Blade) and got a level 94 ranger master (Crippling arrow, if anyone needs it I'll put it on the broker or shoot me a tell).
    I don't remember what is lore in the Exquisite chest that we can't have several times. Every year it tells me I can't have more than one Lore item and I can't remember why.
  19. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

So I just ran the quest (A Nightmarish return in my case) at level 110 and the gnome cut-scene never started (the gnome did show up with his entity) and the Altius transformation cut-scene didn't start either. I waited and waited but he never transformed (the whole time it took to write this post), so I never could kill it, so the quest is broken.
    A new player on test, Boal (welcome to Test!), tried it at level 101 without getting the cut-scene either, on the quest "A nightmarish illness" (so the first one). He retried while mentored to 80 without getting a cut-scene either.

So to sum it up:
    • The Hedge Hollow zone is broken because the cut-scene doesn't trigger on 101+ chars
    • The gnome train cut-scene doesn't work but quest can be taken and done
    • 100- chars have no problems
    • 101+ chars mentored under 100 still have the bug.
    • Door to leave doesn't work (says you need to be 1-100 to enter)
  20. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

"A Nightmarish return" (also know as "Charnel Hollow" also know as "my least favorite event quest ever") works fine at 110. Dolly was "hard" to kill and needed quite a few blows. (it's the first mob in the whole event that I din't one shot - and by a long shot if you don't mind the pun-)

And I just finished doing every repeatable quest (but the Nightmarish return) without finding other leveling problems.

I still have "a gleaming medallion" in inventory, but as I skipped a quest, it's probably linked to that.