"Against the Elements" prelude event feedback and bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

ty found him
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Test Taffies Active Member

Seems like the science folks in kelethin nursery area will not give the quest out to good aligned folks.
  3. Test Taffies Active Member

Also seems as the science folks won't give the quest out to good aligned folks in frost fang sea either.
  4. Test Taffies Active Member

The science folks in darklight woods won't give the quest out to good aligned folks either. :(
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

Sounds like it's time to come over to the dark side!:p
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Test Taffies Active Member

I cannot obtain the quest in The Bonemire either.
  7. Test Taffies Active Member

A few of my ebil toons have been able to obtain it, so I might have to go finish the quests with them and try again later with the good ones. ;)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Dude like this.
  8. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Taffies,
    Concordium pupil adept is a guy who gives good aligned characters the quest, he won't talk to evils

Arcane Science apprentice guys are evil quest starters

this is not a bug, if you're good look for or track Concordium, and if you're evil look for Science apprentice
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

THANK YOU!! I've actually always rather detested the "scales to player level" bit...if you're soloing (or probably even moloing) against such critters, you a) can't use Stealth against them as a first strike ('cause they can't "see" you to "scale" you, so a lot of early Scout abilities are out the window); b) can't use any ranged weapons (Scout/Fighter) or spell at a distance (caster) against them as a first strike ('cause they're too far away to "see" you), and if you cuddle up to them and do a Root and then skedaddle out of their melee range, the whole thing breaks and you have to start all over again. X-P

I much prefer this idea; thanks! :)

Uwk
    Kaitheel and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Test Taffies Active Member

Seriously... SO evil characters HAVE to go to a good aligned city/space to find their quest giver and good aligned characters have to go to a evil city/space to find theirs? Kelethin Nursery Area, IS a good city aligned area, one would think that the quest giver located there would be good aligned.

But hey, so much for a bit o' logic.

I will continue to try to find the correct quest giver and I will continue to report what I encounter. That is what this forum is for.

Thanks for the information it may help.

Another thought is this...a piece of mail, with this data in it would be great for the characters on live servers.
  11. Test Taffies Active Member

I will add... I created a brand new good aligned character. Started in Frostfang Sea, and yes, knowing the Arcane Science apprentice guy is for evil. He is still the first I've seen in the area, jsut following my quests, many shrubs up that area for harvesting. I think that this should be a good aligned character not evil. Or, either of them (the quest givers) should give the quest and tell the characters to go see... someone in either Qeynos or Freeport. While this maybe lots of extra work for the Devs, it could avoid confusion for new or returning players and I've seen lots of returning players on AB as of late.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Removing it??? I think it is so fantastic and unlike other things we have!!!
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

No, it is one good and one evil quest giver per zone for the 33 zones where you can pick up and do the quest. You just keep tripping over the evils. It may be that the good one in Frostfang needs some tweaking, or went underwater diving or such. :O

I've got the loc for the good side one that spawns in Antonica, and one in the Nursery area of GFay that is supposedly good (but haven't checked it yet). I've not verified where the one in Frostfang is, but I was out of town overnight. I'll verify some locs this weekend, energy permitting. For evils, we have verified locs for Timorous Deep newbie area, Darklight Woods and Commonlands.

It is going to take a spreadsheet or such to track both factions for all 33 zones, but we've at least found some near the main cities. (We haven't even made a concerted effort to identify all 33 zones, which is another story.)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  14. Test Taffies Active Member

yes, it appears that I have run across more of the evil science guys versus the concordium adept guys in general passing and just looking around. As is, I've not found a level 95ish area that has tempests and or/their quest givers.. But I'll keep looking with my track, I'm in Obal Plains now and hoped to find some but the guards there just can't point me in any direction.Its been one of those swing and miss kind of days for me I guess. Eldion jungle here I come.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I don't know if it was in place when you were looking, but I just asked an NPC guard in New Halas for "Concordium" (without the quotes) as in the Good-aligned quest giver, and got pointed to him right off the bat, so when in doubt, ask a guard (at least, in a city, or on the road in Darklight Woods if you're not a target of theirs ;->). :)

Uwk
    Kaitheel, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I have one small concern about the "riled" mobs and kill stealing (since Zamsari mentioned that some Test tourist boldy did a kill-steal on her for this). The "riled" mob that spawns before the tempest becomes attackable does a knockback. This means an extra second or two where a rude player (who doesn't understand that if you group, everyone gets the currency) could dive in after someone else has taken care of all the elementals, and poach the currency-granting tempest.

Is there a reason for the knockback on the riled mob? It sort of makes sense that the tempest has a knockback, but the riled one leaves a bit of room for griefing.
  17. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Ya cannot agree more...how about two versions of the dragon with/without electricity effect? Plz :D
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or have it as his "Attack" rather than just generic fire? :)

Uwk
  19. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Plane of Magic:
    I found a mob at -979.57 16.78 1143.69 without any sign of a corresponding tempest ... killed it, had another elemental pop up there a few moments after ... etc ... up through the "riled" mob. The tempest was never visible, and thus there is no chest reward with this spawn point.
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

A bit more about this location. In addition to the elementals warping between the platform and the area below, if the knockback hits at the wrong time, you end up with a half-dead tempest down below, instead of up on the platform, and you'll take some solid damage jumping down to finish it off while in combat. THUDDDD ... once the tempest is aggro, if it ends up down below it stays there, so you can't just stay put and wait for it to come back to you.