"Against the Elements" prelude event feedback and bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Gah, sounds reminiscent of the old days when the quest givers would disappear below platforms and what-not on you... :(

Uwk
    who wonders: why are such things solid for us and not for NPCs?
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Eradani Well-Known Member

this comes from the order in which items are rendered. NPCs seem to be rendered before "house items". we used to be rendered after the "house items" but someone had the bright idea to change that so now we log in with our feet inside the carpet or stuck in the oggokian (sp?) tables on the floor
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

FYI, For the tempest near -134, 2, 129 in The Ruins (Freeport newbie suburb), the nearby guards lurrrrrve to take out elementals that wander their way when they spawn from the tempest. :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

For those who are testing locations and trying to find more adepts/apprentices only! (The list will be updated/re-uploaded a LOT before the 13th - those who "just" want a list for their own currency grinding might want to wait to download it until closer to the 13th so they have more of a complete list).

XLS tracking sheet for zones/locs

Yeah, yeah, I probably should have done it in google docs and let others edit it from there, but I've never set such a critter up, and now is definitely not a good time for me to fuss with it. :p
  5. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I found a few things when doing a video of the house items (planning on redoing next week if some of things patch to server). Excuse me please if I note anything mentioned by someone else (I am a total mess right now).

Things with house items that might not be intended:
    • Arcane Preserved Eggs is not solid
    • Enraged Stonespren pet options "look here" and "pet" don't look they do anything to me
    • Enraged Stonespren is hard to target compared to other house pets
    • Shadowy House Actor sometimes shows actual hair instead of black for shadowy look when change camera angle or from some distances (rest of actor stays shadowy) (actor is of one of Den Mum's characters which is halfling)
    • Vasty Deep Stone Medallion has invisible look and can walk through on bottom side but might be nice to keep that way even if not intended since people have use for items like this

Special requests:
    • Can the size of the Red Wurm Eggs (both quested and vendor versions) and Broken Red Wurm Eggs scale much smaller? They seem way too big to use as kitchen items for most sized races and won't really fit into baskets or on plates nicely.
    • Can the size of Basket of Chilis,Shallow Basket of Beans, and Tall Basket of Oranges scale a tiny amount smaller even though already scales better than most food baskets. Reason would be nice to have a few of basket food items that are sized for faes, tongas, etc.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I hate that now. :(

If it was intended to take pity on older, slower computers, I guess that's okay, but I still think they could've found a better way of doing that (/shrug). :-/

Uwk
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

/sigh I was so used to city guards in WoW saving my bacon when I needed help ("Run to the gates!") that it took me awhile to get around the idea that a) the guards here are targetable, even by accident (so wrong, imho, unless you're on a Betrayal quest), but b) they wouldn't lift a finger to help out if you needed it. Guess that bit's not true with these... :p

Uwk
  8. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you, Uwk. I won't be able to do this for every event. Scaling mobs is a very useful tool, but they do have their drawbacks. I'm glad you'll be enjoying the level specific content with this event!

~ Kaitheel
    Rosyposy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yes indeed! :D

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  10. Kaitheel Developer

Huh, there's an AOE knockback triggered at the moment the tempest is made attackable (which happens when the 5th riled elemental is defeated), but that is the only knockback I can find scripted upon the characters. Perhaps that is what you are observing? If so, yes. There is a reason for the knockback at that moment. It's the same reason for a knockback when the goblins spawn as the last NPC for the clothwork content during Bristlebane Day.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Kaitheel Developer

Yeah, that'll be resolved when they are moved off of that platform.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Kaitheel Developer

I observed this issue locally, on Friday while I was working with the other changes. Sometimes, if the tempest was grey to me, even though it had turned attackable, I was not able to see it. It was very odd, and I had no explanation for it. But once I made all of the tempests wander, this stopped occurring. So I don't think you'll have this issue once my changes hit Test.

~ Kaitheel
  13. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you all for lending a hand and helping to make this event even better!

Here's a few more changes I made due to feedback:
    • A Concordium Pupil Adept and an Arcane Science apprentice have swapped locations in Frostfang Sea.
    • A Concordium Pupil Adept and an Arcane Science apprentice have moved to observe different tempests in Greater Faydark.
    • The guards in The Ruins have successfully chased a tempest to a spot further away from them.
    • Red Wurm Eggs, Broken Red Wurm Eggs, Basket of Chilis, Shallow Basket of Beans, and Tall Basket of Oranges - House items can be scaled smaller now.
    • Enraged Stonespren - House pet has had its unresponsive commands removed.
    Hopefully, these changes will be on Test soon!

~ Kaitheel
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You work so hard for us Kaitheel. I would say we are not worthy, but I think we are.

We appreciate everything you do and for listening to us and investigating things that might not be under one of your many hats.

I think I shall start a campaign "DBG NEEDS TO GIVE KAITHEEL A HUGE RAISE AND LOTS OF TREATS IN HIS OFFICE EVERY DAY".

*runs off to put up campaign notices across Norrath*
  15. Ladislava Active Member

I'm a bit confused. At the end of the spawns are we supposed to have to kill the Tempest Elemental or no? Sometime I have to kill it to get the chest and sometimes not. When I do have to kill it, it goes invisible other than the name floating above the mob.
  16. Xianthia Well-Known Member

You do have to kill it, if you are using aoe to kill sometimes you kill last mob and the final tempest in one fell swoop.
  17. Ladislava Active Member

Ahhh then they just need to make the tempest visible :).
  18. Tkoss Member

Just an fyi to Kaitheel on the collection (small pool of data points )
    1st character 85 tempests killed to complete the collection
    2ed character 64 tempests killed to complete
    3ed character 88 tempests killed to complete

that's a lot of kills to complete the collection, this was just running from kill to kill without anyone else trying for the tempests
    once this hits the standard servers the time to find and kill one will slow the kill rate down quite a bit.
    Is this where you want for time to complete ?
    maybe add a collection drop to the chest or final tempest ?

thanks for thinking about this
  19. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Fixes are on Test!

Would you consider changing the Replica Wizard Spire and the Replica Dragon Ring to be tradeable? The no-trade tag on them is a holdover from the event that originally introduced them, and we seem to be a bit mellower these days about furniture being tradeable. :D
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I am with you on this one DenMum. I don't think a no-trade or heirloom tag should be on any of the house items, except the house items that come with the expansions as those would flood the broker and reduce the chance of people purchasing the more expensive versions for the house and house items thus lowering revenue.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.