"Against the Elements" prelude event feedback and bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Your first guess is correct, Fallen Gate is being spared from the raging elementals.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Something went awry with Librarian Elol between Test and Live ... when I go to bring him the Pupil Adept's report, he does not have a quest book over his head, and instead of progressing the quest and sending you out to find a challenging tempest, he says "More elemental storm shreds? That is impressive! Please present them to our collector."

I'm going to hop to an evil and see if they are similarly having issues.

I *can* do the evil one on my evils, the good one is flaking on me, though (I even tried deleting the quest and re-obtaining)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Oddly, it is only doing that on my main. I just tried another good alt, and they were able to get the quest just fine. o_O
  4. Schrek New Member

I have tried on both of my 'regular' toons, and cannot get the quest? the npc's won't interact with me. Is there something I am missing? or is it just because I am an ogre?
  5. Momo Well-Known Member

Wow! Have you guys noticed the Skies? This is so incredibly beautufil at dawn and dusk in some places!
    (I was very unsure at first if I imagine this, but I watched several day cycles at places all over and compared to places that have no elementals - I'm totally sure now that it's their doing. And it's absolutely beautiful! Erm, evil I mean, of course, evil.)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Kaitheel Developer

Found it! It has nothing to do with race or alignment of character. Both Elol and Jasozi are confusing the Void Storm Shreds for the Elemental Storm Shreds. (Such similar objects, you must forgive their confusion.) No wonder it is only happening to very established characters, and that it wasn't found on Test. I'm fixing it now, internally so that the fix will be on Live after Tuesday's update.

~ Kaitheel
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thank you, sir, for the fix and the explanation! I'll let affected folks know to try alts if they want to run amok in the event before Tuesday.

P.S. did making the reconstructed druid ring and wizard spire tradeable fall by the wayside, or will we see that Tuesday as well? :D
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

when I got my quest to begin with I did not see any elementals or tempests in Antonica on Hall of Fate ,but still found the NPC to get my quest .
    Now I am looking all over to find level 84 to 90 something mobs for the first step.
    I am really frustrated.
    Found one so they should be here in Great divide. Ok I give up one is all I found and that disappeared.
  9. elflover Well-Known Member

http://eq2.eqtraders.com/images/articles/prelude/EQ2prelude.html

locations for the areas hun
  10. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

In the Dressing Room window, Earth Wielder's Robe leaves my female barbarian topless... and the collar still removes her hair. Water Wielder's Collar & Robe are fine.
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

Woooooot! I mean .. uh … yeah, I hope they fix that. :rolleyes:
  12. Kaitheel Developer

Yeah, the art fixes are not on live yet.

~ Kaitheel
  13. Kaitheel Developer

Tuesday for those changes, too.

~ Kaitheel
  14. Eradani Well-Known Member

idk if the sunrise / sets are different now in their beauty but i do know that the cycle change between night and day is so quick as to not leave my eyes time to adjust. wish the transition was longer like it was when i first started playing
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Great job again Kaitheel.

The only thing I am continually hearing is people do not know where to find the quest givers, they don't know where the merchants are, they don't know the prelude event is even occurring. Once they are directed to one of the quest givers, the next line of questions starts, the tempest right by the quest giver doesn't give me an update, I have been killing the elementals but I am not getting currency, I do not see any shinies.

Maybe a brief in-game mail saying the prelude is on and that the quest givers are not in the cities?
  16. Lera Well-Known Member

Is there no Concordium quest starter in Timorous Deep? All the other zones except the Qeynos and Freeport outlying areas have both.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Helvetios New Member

Hello, I have been trying to continue the quest but now I get the same thing. What do I need to do? "More elemental storm shreds? That is impressive! Please present them to our collector."
  18. Dude Well-Known Member

Once you're done the initial quest, you just keep killing the mobs to get the currency, which can be used to buy stuff from the merchant. That's all there is to it.
  19. Helvetios New Member

Thanks, However where is the merchant? Isn't it the librarian?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Dude like this.
  20. Dude Well-Known Member

You're welcome. :)

The merchant is in front of the mage tower in either Freeport or Qeynos.