Character Account to Account Transfers Unavailable

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Darkale, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Darkale New Member

I noticed that currently, you can not request an account to account transfer for your character. The support instructions says "Account to Account Transfers are currently unavailable. We hope to restore this service in 2018."

Is there a projected ETA on when in 2018 this will become available again? I just want to box my healer on a 2nd account.

Thank you.
    Wart One and Red Adder like this.
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Maybe put in a petition about it, as the answers in this "support" forum, tend to come from other players, rather than anyone at Daybreak.
    I haven't seen any staff reply in "Player Support" for months.
  3. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Someone asked this in Discord today even, Devs won't comment on it.

It will be available when it is available.
  4. semisus Does not play this game

5. Ozryc Active Member

Why is this not available anyway? I have never heard any stated reason. Take my money already!
  6. Arieva Well-Known Member

Maybe its all this account wide flagging stuff? Whatever it is though this is a basic need for folks with several accounts
    Rosyposy likes this.
  7. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

It takes a real life person to do it, they never automated it.
    Kittybock likes this.
  8. Tajar Well-Known Member

Used to be automated way back in the day in EQ1 :)
    Moonfyre likes this.
  9. Red Adder New Member

10. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

Alway, Moonfyre and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I put in a petition this week to ask if and when account to account transfers would be available, and got this reply two days ago:
    "I hear you and I wish I could provide some additional details as to when the service will be restored. However, we certainly hope it is very soon and will be sure to update the web site just as soon as more details are available. Thank you for your continued patience and have a nice evening."
    At least the response was prompt and courteous...
  12. Merryas New Member

I can't see where it's anything but cash in Daybreak's pockets. Hopefully it's back up and running soon. Thanks for sharing the response you got Rosyposy.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  13. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

It requires a 'person' to do it, so it probably costs more to have the person around than they would make. Plus exploiters.
    Spindle likes this.
  14. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Originally they said they didn't have the manpower during the holidays. Fine, but now holidays have come and gone and still not available, and still no word. Their communication is among the worst in the industry, sad that it wasn't always this way. At least tell us why and give us a status update.
    Wart One likes this.
  15. Roxxlyy Community Relations

This was a point of discussion mid-January as well. The team is working on creating an automated system to perform the transfers. We don't have an ETA for when this will come out, but it should still happen this year hopefully sooner rather than later.
  16. Clintsat Well-Known Member

I don't know the time involved with each transfer, but it might be profitable enough to have an announced window or day for account transfers to take place in the interim.
    Wart One and Rosyposy like this.
  17. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Thank you. Can be December '18 at this point, don't care. At least we know why the delay. Thanks again.
  18. Fendaria Member

Eagerly awaiting for this to be available once again
    Rosyposy likes this.
  19. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

The page design changed, and as of today there's an ETA. Sort-of-ish.
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...-EverQuest-II-character-transfer-instructions
    Account to Account Transfers
    Account to Account Transfers are currently unavailable. Unfortunately we still don't have an ETA to give at this time. We're likely still a couple of months away, but that is a very rough estimate which is subject to change. We are working on the tech needed to re-enable them, but are a ways out from this solution.

Sounds like an ETA of Summer 2018.

The above would be nice. Before Customer Service gets swamped with Summer Ethereal 2018 issues. Or the rumored Summer update.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  20. Svenone Well-Known Member

If a company is working on an automated system, the standard business practice is to offer non-automated service until the automated system is ready and goes on-line. Removing the service with only the vaugest idea of when it may return (sometime in 2018, maybe) is, while marginally better than dead silence, still very unprofessional. As a ~17 year customer (EQ1, EQ2 and even a bit of Vanguard), I expect better.