Character Account to Account Transfers Unavailable

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Darkale, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Kitty Ninja Member

Agree.
    Have friends with cash in hand patiently waiting 3 going on 4 months to transfer characters for this expansion. Not December 2018 next expansion. The regular manual process exists, but you Daybreak quietly infer no transfers for more months to come. Maybe.

Daybreak how about giving customer confidence that we matter, by running the existing process again? Don't you want players spending Station Cash? Don't you want players with multiple accounts to not close the extra accounts while you dither?

:)
  2. Wart One Member

Transfers shutdown in November. Discuss it in mid-January. Tell EQII fans in March there might be transfers. At six months is this the gold standard for a game company slow walking a paid customer issue? Because the server to server manual process is available. With more player requirements, a process more manually cumbersome than account to account.

Go/no-go status of the software at half-year mark would be nice. Manual transfers until the software is ready for prime time would be better. Or is this the prequel to ending account transfers? Because it's not fun?
    Simparri and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Cheral New Member

Hi Roxxlyy, I appreciated your status message a couple months ago, and I look forward to an automated system to perform the transfers. I was hoping to box my healer on a 2nd account in time for the Summer Ethereals. I would greatly appreciate an updated status, even if the status is "no change" and "not ETA". At least we will know that that the automated system is still the plan, and we are just waiting for this work to get prioritized and scheduled. Thanks again for your help.
  4. Darkale New Member

Any updates on this. Just want to plan ahead. Thanks.
    Probe One likes this.
  5. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Please, please hurry the process up or hire a temp to do account-to-account transfers manually... I finally have the $$ and can't move characters as I need to do. Please?
    Probe One and Xianthia like this.
  6. FalconClash Well-Known Member

I didn't know we ever had actual between account transfer options. I would so love one, logging into 2 accounts at once to give new characters money and items is a bit of a pain.
    Probe One likes this.
  7. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Yes, you used to be able to move a character from one account to another. IIRC, it was $25 for the transfer. Pretty steep for just giving money and items to a new character.
    Probe One likes this.
  8. Xianthia Well-Known Member

It's interesting that the process is halted rather than do manual transfers. It's been (from what I can tell) at least six months since the process hasn't worked. Having an automated system will be wonderful, having no process at all for this length of time, well, it's baffling.
    Wart One and Rosyposy like this.
  9. FalconClash Well-Known Member

I guess i read that wrong, I thought this was about item & money transfers, not moving characters. My bad.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  10. Probe One Member

You can transfer items and money.

Player wants to transfer Bob die Elf from account 1 to account 2. Look over account 1 shared bank. Load up her bags with excess coin and heirloom goodies. Don't forget to claim all character account claimables. Bob was-is manually transferred from account 1 to account 2. Move Bob's excess coin and heirloom goodies to the shared bank. Account 2 characters can access all the previous account 1 goodness.

Were account to account transfers viable.
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...-EverQuest-II-character-transfer-instructions
    Did they removed the "We're likely still a couple of months away" and "We are working on the tech?"

Maybe company is excising account to account transfers, so maybe never?
    FalconClash, CoLD MeTaL and Wart One like this.
  11. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

From Discord:
    Fyreflyte - Yesterday [4/20/18] at 6:15 PM
    We've been working on it. Some of our core architecture was upgraded in a way that no longer allowed us to migrate data safely between accounts with the method we had in place. Updating that method is a large task and requires lots of testing, as we don't want to corrupt characters in the process. We'll have it back online eventually, but no eta as of yet - will likely be awhile.
    Lateana, FalconClash, Beee and 5 others like this.
  12. Wart One Member

Thanks Rosyposy.

Thanks. Hard work for seven months next month.

With upgraded core server to server transfers continue. Same process as account to account. Why one not other? This have to do with server to server transfer problems?

Yes character corruption bad. Careful work appreciated.

Updating the manual method because of core upgrade? Or creating the transfer software? Or both?

Why message on Help page replaced with empty air? Companies do that to hide issues. Why not tell all of us on Help page? Like you said on Discord.

I want to know. Maybe We all want to know too. What would developer transparency hurt?

13. Cheral New Member

Thank you for forwarding the reply from discord, much appreciated!
    Svenone and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Svenone Well-Known Member

I definitely appreciate the additional information about why the account-to-account transfers are currently not available. Now I can understand why it isn't just a manual process while the automatic process is being worked on, and that is a good thing. The only bad part of this is that it took 7 months for that information to be made known, when it could have been clear right from the start.
    Lateana, Beee, Rhodris and 1 other person like this.
  15. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

They should make account to account come across without any inventory/coin to prevent exploits.
  16. Beee Well-Known Member

This is useless. In this behavior it's cheaper to delete, recreate and use a lv 100 bauble on a new char.

The correct (but impossible by mechanic) way would be a "nortrade" flag for every Item/Coin which is transfered. So all the Heirloom items can not be transfered to chars on the new accout.

Imho the new merging problems occured by introducing accout flags, "hidden coins" and automatic repair mechanism

I do not believe on accout <> account transfers beein available in the near future *sniff*
    Probe One likes this.
  17. FalconClash Well-Known Member

Thank you for the info. I guess I have no choice but to keep doing direct trading for now.
  18. Probe One Member

Yesterday

[IMG]
    Lateana and Rosyposy like this.
  19. Probe One Member

Yesterday. Thank you Lush for asking the question.

[IMG]
    Rosyposy likes this.
  20. Svenone Well-Known Member

While we are at it, why not raise the transfer fee to $75 for those naked and penniless toons? That was the way it was back in the early days of EQ1, after all! On second thought, those are horrible ideas and should never see the light of day again.
    Rosyposy and Probe One like this.