Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Rawl Well-Known Member

they likely will
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sorry to interrupt again, Rawl, but just to let folks know who may have heard: the big fire (over 7,000 acres) in L.A./Burbank is 30+% contained, with no open flames, but they're watching the smolders like hawks. ;->

On a way smaller note, I went ahead and lopped off 27" of hair from off the back of my head/neck/back...just in time for the damn heat wave to break by 20 degrees down to the mid-80s. X-P

Uwk
    who at least hopes it'll go to a good home...Children with Hair Loss ;->
    Prissetta and Merriel like this.
  3. Merriel Well-Known Member

27 inches! Wow, your hair was long, hehe. Mine goes to my mid-back and barely makes 12 inches in a braid or ponytail. :D
  4. Rawl Well-Known Member

5. Merriel Well-Known Member

I don't use FB so I can't check the link out because they won't let me unless I sign in. :/
  6. Rawl Well-Known Member

Oh okay, sorry, I tried to put the video in here, but it won't let me. The message I received said Facebook links are acceptable, but it wouldn't accept this link for some unknown reason. Sorry you can't see it. :(
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Probably some proprietary thing that Facebook does. I wouldn't be a bit surprised. :-/

I'm surprised that Imgur, Photobucket, etc. doesn't have a way to post videos? I think my DeviantArt.com might, but I haven't tried yet.

EDIT: Well, okay, maybe not Photobucket. To hell with Photobucket. :-/

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

No worries, Jerry. I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us next.

I left some feedback for the devs telling them I think it's a horrible idea that they remove things from the Marketplace, temporarily or permanently and pointed out to them that I was currently working on a project where I needed a school of fish and tried to purchase one of those Shadowplay had made, but could not find it even using the search function, and how they and Shadowplay both missed out on a sale because it wasn't there when I needed it. I settled on using one of those schools of fish we get from the Cobalt Scar fishing collections instead.

I told them that all too often, if the item is not available right when I'm working on a project, I'm more likely to substitute something in game for whatever the item was, than to wait until they make it available again, if ever, to purchase it. I also told them that even if they don't want to have it displayed in the marketplace, they should at least make it available through the search function in the marketplace, so we can make those purchases when they are needed. I don't like seeing the PlayerStudio artists miss out on sales because of DBG's bizarre marketing ideas. :/
    JDV_Crushbone, Rawl, Ocarinah and 3 others like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm actually surprised that they take down anything the Player Studio folks have done. It's not just convenience for us, isn't it some kind of contract with the freelancers? :-/

And please, don't even get me started on their "marketing"... X-P

Uwk
    Rawl, Merriel and Prissetta like this.
  10. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I have found that the search feature is like Call of Veteran. It is moody and frequently doesn't work. I have had to do multiple searches for the search to wake up and find items. It gets frustrating but hopefully people see this and realize just cuz it doesn't pop up first couple times doesn't mean the item isn't in marketplace. I wish the holiday daybreak items were available all year round as well cuz how many times are you like omg I must have flower petals dang it...I have to wait 6 more months. There was a grave headstone that I wanted for memorial house that I did but it was daybreak item so have to wait until they add Night of the Dead to marketplace. Hopefully they actually add Night of the Dead items (since they didn't add anything for Tinkerfest). I have to do one of my todo list items....ask specifically how to reorganize marketplace items so it will be much easier to buy stuff.
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

If it didn't come up under "school" and it didn't come up under "fish" then I'd say that is a pretty big problem, lol.

\aITEM -452072340 -1131793427:School of Clownfish\/a
    [IMG]
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

How did you finally find it? Under "Clown"? :-/

Uwk
    Merriel and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Rawl Well-Known Member

I agree. Their business sense is not working towards their prosperity.
  14. Rawl Well-Known Member

They probably don't have the staff to take care of it, but rather than considering the Marketplace of minor or insignificant importance, I believe they should treat it like a real store, that is to say, keep the shelves full, keep it orderly and easy to find what you are looking for, and advertise (in game and otherwise,) items to draw people in to the store.

They apparently don't realize or care that they could be making more money if they invested just a little bit more time and effort in improving the marketplace experience. Hopefully, they will wake up to the facts eventually.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I found it searching clown.....

Cyrrena
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  16. Merriel Well-Known Member

Lol, I didn't find it. I didn't search for 'clown' though, either. What I posted above was from EQ2Furniture. I guess it was too much to expect to find it under 'school' or 'fish'. :D
  17. Rawl Well-Known Member

Here is the top part of the 3 part lighthouse I'm working on. (maybe if I divide it into 3 parts, they will finally accept it.)
    An advantage to having it in sections, is you could use any of the sections separately, and then make the light house taller by adding another middle section, or shorter by leaving out the middle section. More decorating possibilities this way.

[IMG]
  18. Rawl Well-Known Member

FYI this is the basic structure shape. ( I added more detail to the structure since I took this picture.)
    [IMG]
  19. Rawl Well-Known Member

Here are the 3 sections put together showing mostly the outside texturing. I still have to do detailing on the interior textures.
    [IMG]
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

That lighthouse is fantastic. Hopefully they accept it.

Cyrrena

PS @ Uwk, I cannot bring myself to lop off any hair even when I am grousing while trying to get a comb through 52 inches of wet hair.