Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...one thing I did notice with the recent "No Marketplace Tinkerfest items for YOU, paying customers!" bit was that any MP TF things I actually could find that I'd wanted at all were Player Studio ones, and there's even stuff still left up that was probably made for NotD and Frostfell (the fence pieces and train stuff spring to mind). :)

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  2. Merriel Well-Known Member

You know, you are right, Uwk. When they take their own Marketplace items down between holidays, the only stuff we can find for those holidays during the year is the PlayerStudio stuff. I guess that does make it more profitable for PlayerStudio artists and that is actually a good thing, though the company may not think so.

Personally, I don't understand the concept of "Store the items so the players don't have access to them year round and they're more likely to buy them when we bring them out again." I totally disagree with this.

If the item is not in the store when I need it, I'm likely to replace it with free crafted or quest reward items and customize something to look like it. I'm not going to sit around waiting for months on end for them to put it back in the shop, thereby putting my deco project on hold. If it's not there for me to buy when I want to buy it, then I'm not likely to buy it at all. I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels this way, either.
    Quillyne, Ocarinah, Febrith and 2 others like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Definitely not (/raising_paw). ;->

Uwk
    Ocarinah, Prissetta and Merriel like this.
  4. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Feel the same way Merriel. I wish they wouldn't remove stuff or even seasonal. I would rather they split the store. Have one store for everything but housing stuff and one for just housing stuff. Like they had to do with loyalty merchants. This way we can still buy everything. Open everything up to buy year round. They can have a Holidays button (like the matching furniture one) where there is buttons to each holiday to buy things any time. Bring back the vaulted stuff too. I would buy so many Qho it is not even funny and I know I am not the only one. My hubby would want to kill me but that is okay I know how to defend myself muhahahaha. If they don't want the vaulted stuff there year round at least open it up once a year like they did when they first vaulted things. There is a stool they vaulted that I totally would have bought like 12 of them if I could. So many things vaulted that I need in my life.
  5. Rawl Well-Known Member

working on this fire pit patio with built in benches. This will be made of stone blocks. It was inspired by the image below and the block work will look somewhat similar to what is pictured below.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Quillyne, Ocarinah, Febrith and 3 others like this.
  6. Rawl Well-Known Member

Have a Player Studio Store where you could sort items by creator name, or type, etc.
  7. Rawl Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you. There are so many things I've made for people because they requested those items, and many of them are still not on the marketplace. Those things loose their value because like you said, if you can't get it when you need it, you won't get it at all. So, the sad things they do, just sitting on stuff we make for months and years, is just bad business practice.
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

Jerry, that is really cool. It kind of looks like a seating area, minus the fire-pit, they have right outside their 24/7 ice cream shop in Give the Kids the World village where the Make A Wish Foundation sends families with kids who are approved to have their dreams come true and choose to go to Florida. Amazing place and so many generous people contributing to make those kids dreams come true.

Having been not just a witness, but an active participant in seeing what the Make A Wish Foundation does for these families, I wholeheartedly support and advocate them. They are truly a wonderful organization. Anyone who hasn't seen it yet, should look up a video documentary where they made a child's dream in San Francisco become reality for a young boy whose dream it was to be Batman. Very touching true story that will probably eventually be turned into a full-fledged movie.

There are so many charitable organizations around these days, and it's not always easy to see what they are doing with the funds, but this is one organization where I know the funds are being used to enrich these children's lives.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I heard about the Batman one! That was massively impressive; it's like the whole city turned out to help out with that, or at least a lot of the government officials! :)

Uwk
    seriously considering donating long hair (can't stand it any more with the recurring heat waves) to a wigs for people with cancer type place; suggestions? PM me! :D
    Merriel likes this.
  10. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

11. Merriel Well-Known Member

Oh wow, that's pretty cool Prisetta! I'll have to remember that. I came close to having my hair cut before this summer started but I ended up not getting it done. Maybe before next summer and my hair is already around ten to twelve inches long so it meets the criteria.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah! I knew about Locks for Love, but wasn't sure if there were other places...I wish I could tell them about Matters of Trust, who would be more than happy to accept the hair they can't or what they'd toss out (like grey hair, with some of them...the very idea!), as long as it's "trash free" (no obvious gunk or anything from like the salon floor, for example); what MoT does with hair is bundle it up along with pet stylist extra fur, extra bits from sheep shearing, etc., and make felt mats from it all for use in spill clean-ups, storm drain filtering, etc. to try and help the environment. :)

In the case of an emergency oil spill, they'll stuff a bunch of clean old pantyhose with hair/fur to make "booms"! :D

Uwk
  13. Rawl Well-Known Member

Getting ready to submit this to Player Studio. I hope you all like it enough to spend your hard earned money on it. [IMG]:)

[IMG]
    Katz, Quillyne, Merriel and 4 others like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Very cool! I can see that either going into the "back yards" of the 4- to 6-room places, especially New Halas, or as being a centerpiece to a scratch-built place. :)

Uwk
    Merriel, Rawl, Ocarinah and 1 other person like this.
  15. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

16. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Ooooo spooky!
  17. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

Also dropped a second Notd set...adding to the carousel rides...no third ride this time around because of time constraints but i dropped the price because of it. [IMG]
    Febrith, Ocarinah, Merriel and 2 others like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Actually, that's okay! Between these and the other ones you've done, we can get them all onto the same ride and have a Holiday-themed carousel! :D

Uwk
  19. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

Thats why i named it carousel of the seasons...still have winter, errollisi and brewday variations coming and hopefully the tinkerfest ones will eventually get released.
  20. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I hope they don't make us wait until next July to get the tinkerfest one.