Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Rawl Well-Known Member

FYI, He met my challenge and provided feedback including images of how he modified my item and did the UV unwrap as one item. Now I have to study it and see if I can understand what he did and how he did it. I wasn't going to go forward on this, but since he made the effort to clarify for me, I will give it one more try.
    Ocarinah, Gretel, Merriel and 4 others like this.
  2. Rawl Well-Known Member

So, you do occasionally visit my thread :)
    Ocarinah, Gretel, Merriel and 3 others like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, ya gotta admit, Rawl, it is pretty huge! :D

Uwk
    Gretel, Prissetta, Merriel and 2 others like this.
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

That's awesome, Jerry! I hope you figure it out, because if you do, it may open up even more opportunities for you to get items accepted. :)
    Trixwynter, Rawl, Gretel and 2 others like this.
  5. Rawl Well-Known Member

It is taking me quite awhile to get done with this revision. I guess I've had a lot of resistance to doing it. At any rate, this is a progress image, where I still need to add some detailing, particularly on the inside. This is following the guidance I received as best I could while still using my own textures. And of course, this is now one piece, not 3. If it doesn't get approved this time, I won't work on it again.

[IMG]
    elflover, Merriel, Ocarinah and 3 others like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It still looks cool! :)

Uwk
    Rawl, Merriel, Febrith and 2 others like this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I really like the green trim lines coming down the corners.
  8. Rawl Well-Known Member

9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, foozles. Says I have to login to continue, and while I do have a Facebook account, not everyone does. :-/

I wish there were easier ways to post vids other than getting a YouTube account (which means you have to have Gmail or something?), though I haven't tried yet on my beloved DeviantArt.com. I'm not sure if that needs a paying account, or something separate, or what, but I've been using that at the "free" level for years for everything else, including my screenshots here. :)

Uwk
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I use dA a lot for my own artwork. I use Facebook a lot to keep up with politics and also network with folks interested in heraldry and onomastics. I do login to YouTube, where I have some playlists and videos I put together. Uwk, I'd suggest making a throw-away GMail or FB account, and use that to access YouTube if you want.
  11. Rawl Well-Known Member

I used Facebook because it was easy to add it to my Player Studio Stuff group page. I have a YouTube account where I could upload it to, if you all want me to.
  12. Rawl Well-Known Member

Does this YouTube link work? (You should watch it in full screen so you can see more detail.)
  13. Im_Just_A_Lowly_Alt Active Member

Yes it does! I love the lighthouse!
  14. Merriel Well-Known Member

That's awesome, Jerry! The lighthouse looks great, and I hope they do approve it this time. :)
  15. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Making me drool. I so want a wall that would match...maybe when it gets approved.
    Rawl and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Facebook, eh? Hmm! :D

Already have that; will have to check into that... :)

And speaking of heraldry and onomastics, you wouldn't happen to be involved with the Society for Creative Anachronism, would you...? ;)

Uwk
    member on and off since 1987 :D
    Prissetta likes this.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Since 1979.
  18. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I'm a Rennie, but not a member of SCA... :cool:
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's okay, we love you anyway. :D

It really does depend on the area, frankly; in the Los Angeles County area, for the longest time (not sure about now), confusing the two would be a Bad Idea. I have worked with/for both in the past (even at the same time! :D), being a manual iron working artisan's apprentice (because if you just say, "blacksmith," people assume you only make horseshoes... X-/ Nowadays, that's about the only thing a blacksmith doesn't make out of iron or steel; if you want horseshoes, go to a farrier ;->) for one event run's worth. That was fun. :)

Uwk
    Prissetta and Sigrdrifa like this.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm specifically a historian of the Viking Age and an Old Norse linguistics geek. (You could NEVER tell that looking at my character names...)