Isle Of Refuge is DEAD

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wormy, May 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Back in May when this post first came, we were doing fine. Our guild was adding people left and right. Then FG came, and it all went to hell.

[IMG]
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

I am fine with people being able to transfer off of IoR as long as it is with plat and No-Trade only gear like Epic 2.0, pieces. The rest of the gear that could be bought on the broker would need to be left on the server. That might be a little rough since many probably earned that gear on their own, but I don't know how else to prevent people benefitting from the ruleset and transferring off.
  3. Malleria Well-Known Member

Honestly who cares if they bought gear and then transferred back. The exact same thing happens on all live servers with SLR. I'd say the fact they were stuck on IoR for months before being able to come back was punishment enough.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  4. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Not sure why people are surprised that servers keep dying. There are hardly enough players to sustain 3 servers at current cap with a healthy PUG community, but DBG keeps spreading the players more and more with gimmicky servers.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  5. Castegyre Well-Known Member

This is how the server ends. Not with a bang, with a 'git off mah lawn'.
  6. Kittybock Well-Known Member

IF they allow transfers off, who cares if people buy/ sell gear? A new expac is forthcoming in the fall,and all we've earned thus far will be crap. Happens every year.
  7. Xakrein Well-Known Member

After some consideration, I would not be concerned if the IoR experiment was abandoned, and players from IoR were merged into an existing server. Further more, I would have no concerns with players being allowed to keep their equipment, all of it, no matter how it was obtained.

My reasoning is that IoR has only one guild which could be considered a raiding guild (albeit barely at best). The progression tracker has that guild positioned at #80 on worldwide charts. They would not even make the top 20 list of guilds on Maj'Dul. Due to this, I believe the impact of merging IoR into a Live server would be inconsequential. Players on the live server would be lucky to notice it happened, and the small handful of IoR players are so badly geared, they would have no influence on actual progression.

I do maintain my position that the IoR ruleset should not be forced on any other server. That ruleset should die with IoR, and this thread title sums it up.
    Jrox likes this.
  8. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Better yet just make the whole game free trade and be done with it.
  9. Melkior Well-Known Member

Because the buy/sell gear restriction is why they made IoR a one way ticket in the first place. I was suggesting a way off that would allow you to preserve your toon, which you may really have grown to like, at the cost of gear. As you said, gear is easily replaceable, so if losing it gets you a transfer off, isn't that worth it? No idea whether DBG would buy into it, they could stick with their policy. You seem to be suggesting because a server concept you favored failed, you should just get to transfer back, even though you made the choice to move there in the first place knowing that outcome could happen. That seems unrealistic, but I suppose in the end, if it kept people playing rather than leaving in anger, it wouldn't be the worst thing.

In the end, I hope that FG loses it's luster toward the end of the first 12 week period, and people return to their home servers. That would be even better I'd think, to get your community back. Isn't that what we all really want?
  10. Melkior Well-Known Member

No thanks. Don't pollute my server with that.
    Xakrein and Dude like this.
  11. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Just curious, but what is wrong with free trade? Isn't free trade and selling loot rights the same thing at the end of the day?
  12. Kari Well-Known Member

I would rather have them all be given free transfer tokens than have them merged into any one server. I am sure there are some friendly people there, but the more vocal ones seem to be pretty hostile to the ftp players. I would hate to have them all shipped to an unsuspecting server in one group. Their gear isn't going to be an issue to any server.
    Tekka, Prissetta and Xakrein like this.
  13. Konc3pt Active Member

Could just send them all to Drunder.
    Xakrein likes this.
  14. Xakrein Well-Known Member

Drunder is the one server where absorbing the riffraff of IoR would be unfair.
  15. Kari Well-Known Member

I don't see anything ethically wrong with free trade, but I believe it discourages picking up pug players. It is too easy for someone to need on everything unnoticed, but when we SLR a really nice item then it is a group discussion and no one can gain anything by needing on something they won't use. That probably sounds overly paranoid, but I have seen it in action when we were still working on our shiny collections and my group would refuse to fill with pug players that might need on rare shinies.

I think a strong pug community is important to a healthy server, and things that discourage pugging are bad for the server.
  16. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I think you are talking about group dynamics more than slr vs free trade. If you primarily group with trusted friends or guild mates, then the way loot is dispersed won't be an issue. In a pug, slr doesn't guarantee or provide any safe guards with how loot is dispersed. I have been in plenty of pugs over the years where you had a dishonest leader or group members who were greedy and didn't care about fairness. It really comes down to the individual and not slr vs free trade.
    Prissetta likes this.
  17. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

18. Melkior Well-Known Member

My concerns are the same as Kari. It's a small percentage of the time, but I do run into it. I'd hate to miss out on a nice drop because someone rolled on it for their broker sales because they 'need' plat. I can choose to participate in SLR on any particular item, I can't choose for someone not to broker an item. Yes you CAN choose not to group with them again, but that still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'd rather not have to deal with it at all.
    Xakrein likes this.
  19. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Sorry for the double posting. Was due to lag.
  20. Jrox Well-Known Member

Don't care where they go if they are allowed to transfer, so long as they make an attempt to control their hate of F2P players. Don't care if they keep their gear, what is it like T2 raid gear at best? No plat though, do not let them keep their plat. If they are allowed to keep millions of plat in their transfer, they will have the ability to buy better gear than they could earn legitimately and that plat was earned under a very different economy with a different ruleset than exists anywhere. Just one of the reasons the server is failing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.