Isle Of Refuge is DEAD

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wormy, May 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wormy New Member

Please let us move off isle of refuge the server is dead, or open free transfer to the server to maybe get more people to the server
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  2. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

The 5$ transfer was supposed to encourage more people to transfer it.

So far, I am kinda sad I moved my main there instead of waiting till I had the SC to transfer to Maj'dul.

That said, if it gets below 40 players on average, I'm sure they'll close it down eventually and give people free xfers off. That'll only happen in about three, maybe six....hundred years.
    Feldon and Mizgamer62 like this.
  3. Kristabella Well-Known Member

The Isle of Refuge server is anything but dead. We have a quality server here, with the best of the best. While population is low, it is stellar. One just needs to participate. There is plenty to do there. We just had our AMA chat with the Dev's yesterday and the chat was rockin'. With all those people there talking to the Dev's NOT ONE asked to leave this server. In FACT, they asked for ways for the DEV's to encourage more people to come to our server.

If you are a "solo" player, and not a "guild" type of person, you may find yourself a bit lonely there. But that is your fault, and not the fault of the server.

The Dev's have said they are looking at ways to allow people to bring toons over and there be a time delay so if they decide to leave after, they can. That is just one of many suggestions for our server to increase population.

But ANYONE, who is a citizen of this server, has NO desire to leave it now, or ever. THAT is just how good it is, and if you just reach out, you may find that giving it another chance, will be your best bet.
    Pixistik, Cloudrat, Juraiya and 4 others like this.
  4. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

according to the AMA yesterday, there will be incentives and promotions for playing here as well! i don't need incentive, i LOVE it on the isle, but expect the population to pick up a bit in the next few mos as these new changes are revealed/announced. WOOT! go ISLE!
  5. Jexi Well-Known Member

I've played on several servers and this one is the best I have been on. The community is very friendly and helpful. I liked it so much after 1 month that I moved all my main alts over. This server is not even a year old yet. It will grow as all servers do. I even brought people over when I started playing again after they saw me here on Isle of Refuge and decided to come over as well. The rest of the game's people don't know what they're missing. Some even said..let me try it out for a bit...well, now they're permanent residents. They just have to come check it out.
  6. Vokan Well-Known Member

It's a low pop server without the trash. It's not dead unless you are sitting alone waiting for the auction channel to light up, if the Ed she really wanted to liven things up they would allow people to transfer guilds to include guild halls.
    Cloudrat and Prissetta like this.
  7. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

The fact that you can't transfer from the server is why many people don't want to go there in the first place. Also the server is very guild centric and the open world is very dead feeling with the chat channels being silent most of the time. If you go there with a group of friends/family to play with or if you can find/join a guild there that is active, then you won't notice the empty feeling of the server as much.
  8. Raff Well-Known Member

Nowhere close to dead if you are in a guild. LFG can be problematic...but that is a game-wide issue rather than a server issue.
  9. Jexi Well-Known Member

I intentionally created a new character because I have a carpenter and houses on the Leaderboards I wanted to leave on my other server. I've been on for many hours a day, and the people seem chatty like most places. They just aren't spamming, which is what most people are used to. These reactions to the server remind me of the days when I first became a guild leader and my guild was still new. Someone would join, and say thanks then minutes later "I'm leaving. Guild is dead." Or they would say things like "no groups" or "no raids" or whatnot. Normally if I need an activity I start it myself and ask people to join me in the activity. It's the same in any game, for sure. I saw people do it in my own guild. They said let's go on a raid. Suddenly the guild is raiding, no one's left out and everyone got to do something fun. In my "dead" guild". lol
  10. Raenius Well-Known Member

Oh yes, please open up transfers off the server - so I can hamster those last artifacts from there on my main.
  11. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

If you are curious as to what the IOR server is like, just make a new toon and give it a try for a while. I think you will very quickly be able to decide for yourself as to whether or not it is worth staying and/or transferring a more established toon there from another server. At least that way you don't risk any thing if you don't like it as you can't leave once you are there.
    Cloudrat and Prissetta like this.
  12. Raff Well-Known Member

Right, so you can take your raid geared toon back? Whose gear was likely acquired on the broker. Back to a server where players only have access to comparable items via raid participation or SLR.

There are reasons that the Isle is a one way trip.

As we all knew when we left our max level guilds on other servers to come to IoR.
    Leeroy and Kittybock like this.
  13. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Why are people always looking for a way to be devious? I would imagine if they decide to allow transfers from the Isle back to where you came from, everything would go back to being no-trade. Also, I would hope that any gear purchased, once arrived, and then transfered back, would take a substantial cut in stats, so as to prevent this type of abuse.
  14. Brightlyz Active Member

Buying gear from the broker and buying gear from auction channel are different how again?
    Jrox, Tekka, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  15. Raff Well-Known Member

Its much less expensive to gear out toons from IoR's broker.
    Kittybock likes this.
  16. Brightlyz Active Member

And that makes it ok cause it was more expensive? I'm not sure i follow the logic here.
    Tekka, Cloudrat and Merriel like this.
  17. Raff Well-Known Member

Its okay if you can't follow the logic. Its merely an opinion in any case. Whether you agree or disagree makes no difference to me. The main point is that the server is the only free trade server and that toons that come to / or are leveled here stay here.
    Prissetta likes this.
  18. Merriel Well-Known Member

I still maintain my stance to boycot the IoR server, because it is limited to only paid membership accounts. If they would open it up to free to play accounts, and if I had the desire to start over on a new server, I would maybe consider going to IoR. I refuse to even make a house touring character there, though, as it stands now. IF they would open the server up to free to play accounts as well, they would still need to offer FREE character transfers to that server before I'd consider moving there, as I have too many characters to pay to transfer them all over.

Truth be told, they would be better off just making all servers Free Trade servers rather than give out free transfers to that server. Or take a vote on each server, see what the people on each server want. I would not be surprised if those who want free trade on their server would outnumber those who don't. Only one vote per account should be allowed though...once you've made your vote, you should no longer even get the option to vote again on other characters. Only allow paid accounts to vote. This could be an incentive for people to pay for membership, to be given the option to vote. Makes no difference to me, as I'd get my vote in either way.

I have two paid accounts but I also have a number of free accounts with characters I play as well. Why would I move to a server where I'm only limited to playing on my paid account characters, when I can still play on ALL my characters on Maj'dul server. I still don't see why they can't just make the free trade server rules applied to all servers, except that those greedy and selfish individuals who stand to lose tons of plat selling loot rights to heirloom items via auction channel would lose out.

So, DBG caters to those selfish individuals, and apparently not enough people care about that to speak out against it, so I live with things as they are, but I refuse to participate in the IoR server as my stance against this. I hold nothing against those who want to play on that server. It's all a matter of choice and what each individual is willing to sacrifice.
  19. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

While you are certainly free to boycott Isle of Refuge, Merriel, here's an opinion from someone who's tried it.
    I wish they would make all servers Free Trade. Isle of Refuge is my favorite server. Tablet of Draconic Runes available on the broker? Check. Cosmetic pet scrolls such as the Beast'r eggs, and illusion scrolls deposit into the Spell Depot? Check. There are still no-trade items, and a few heirloom items, but most items can be sold on the broker to empty your bags rather than transmuting or selling to merchant. Another check.
    Only one vote per account EVER counts.
    I also have free accounts in addition to All-Access - I still like playing on Isle of Refuge best.
    Juraiya, Raff, Cloudrat and 4 others like this.
  20. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Isle of Refuge is definitely not dead. Our guild has welcomed several new players this week, including one this AM from Skyfire that utilized our cross-server chat channel /join Isle_Of_Refuge.Island_time

Toes in the sand, ice cold beer and Orc on the barbie. it's Island Time :cool:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.