No Fervor on Threats

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Tomshindo, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Nero Active Member

Caith? Kander? Someone? Can we please get some confirmation from you guys atleast telling us that:

1. Yes, we are aware, and its being looked into.
    2. We are aware and it is intended, its not changing.
    3. Its gonna be fixed in next hotfix.
    4. Please contact one of the Devs to provide more info, screenshots, etc.

Would be a HUGE QoL increase for us.Thanks!
  2. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Pls give tanks ferv for hate they are hurting.
  3. Nero Active Member

Ok.. fine.. ill do this again...

we are not asking for fervor to affect hate. (DPS+ Threat)* Hate mod= Hate

DPS is being modified by fervor already.
    Threat attached to taunts IS NOT being modified by fervor. <-- This is the piece we all want fixed.

Please, if this is not clear to someone, i will be more than happy to explain.
  4. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Pls give tanks ferv for taunts they are hurting
    Earar likes this.
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

#fervorontaunts2017
  6. Nero Active Member

That's still technically not 100% correct either.

Most tank taunts (if not all) are split out into 2 components:

1. There is the threat component that came with the original ability
    2. A DPS component that was likely added via AA

So when i cast a taunt, the DPS component will be affected by fervor, the threat portion will not, so saying that our taunts need fervor is somewhat misleading, as the DPS portion of the taunt is already being modified.
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

Only the 2 main single and group taunts have AA added damage.

My other class taunts don't have always damage added.

Question, bit out topic but ... why when i use a threat position spell with no threat component added, as soon as it's cast, the mob stays on me 1 sec then rechange to its previous target ? Had this issue tonight, couldn't get the aggro off the necro, i used the mantis leap spell on brawler AA that gives hate and moves up one position on each hit, so everytime i hut the mob he target me and between each hits was targeting the necro. Why ? Does it puts us just 1 tick above the 2nd on threat list ?
  8. Coty Member

What about stacking up Ab mod? As as far as I know the cap on all taunts are sky high.
  9. Nero Active Member

what about it? plenty of us are runnign around with 300k+ ab mod? that still doesnt fix fervor not applying....
  10. Coty Member

Yes i get it but you could get MORE abmod lol rather then have it reforge into DPS that's pretty much useless...
  11. Nero Active Member

Are you talking about me specifically?

My toon is in a very specific raid build right now, i do not typically reforge ab mod into DPS.
  12. Coty Member

Good for you, DPS is still useless and since you took it so personally might wanna check your CB and reforge that too Raid build specific :)
  13. Nero Active Member

Not sure what made you think that i took it personally. I didnt. And yes, you got me... I forgot to reforge after picking up 2 new 20 resolve pieces from raid this week (neck and wrist).. both discos btw. Grats me.

DPS is certainly not useless, especially not with the introduction of the new inqy buff to auto base multiplier and ascension skills such as terriene destruction. Do I think you should be reforing into 2k+ DPS mod? No, i dont. But I do think people should in the very least be meeting their soft caps to take full advantage of the free damage.

Please stick to the topic going forward.
    captainbeatty451 and Earar like this.
  14. Malleria Well-Known Member

What the heck does ability mod have to do with fervor? It doesn't matter if you have 5k or 500k, fervor should still affect threat values.
    Earar likes this.
  15. Lucus Well-Known Member

fervor is "final ability modifier" it's not the same thing as ability mod.
  16. Nero Active Member

It doesnt. Its completely irrelevant. I honeslty think they just came to troll.

Really hoping to see something in patch notes tomorrow :)
  17. Tupperbeast Active Member

Ask me constantly where all have a problem with Fervor and threat, to refuel you do not need it normal. My Main is a Sk have solo 30 Fervor 280k AB mode 22k pot I can both refuel and keep the agro quite well and at the same time make a lot dps. And yes, I often have people in the group who make 1-2 billion dps. (4150cb-105%hate other stats max)

In kunark Ascending, it is just as much as if dps or tank or healer char is asked here who can play his class and knows his spells and skills.

It is here to check everything to test what makes this spell or what values I need. To sit down and say yes we need Fervor or we need it or it needs to be fixed nothing as long as you do not even even notice the mistakes themselves at the Char why it does not work

Refueling and healing in Kunark Ascending is harder than in other Xpacs it was, learning your classes and playing together reasonably with others and already this will be much easier.
    The more you scream for fixes the worse the whole game mechanic
  18. Sounson Active Member

WTF is refueling, and you're about 5 to 21 fervor and 70k short of ability mod to "keep the aggro and make a lot dps" to hold aggro off normal T1 spikes on pull.
  19. Moorefallen Active Member

This is by design because threat is not rooted in DMG; while Heals, wards and DPS are.
  20. Ansom Active Member

atm i have 24k pot and 3.7-4k cb... My taunt hit on similar "fabled zek" value.. To bad now i have 3x pot. :oops: And yes.. we have a new mit system, but my mediam sustained dps is lower now, and a typical dps class is able to do much more dps. If is not fervor, we need more balance on Threats vs decent dps output. The only way to keep a safe agro in this day is a decent agro transfert grp (coercer, troub, assa, swash..)..