No Fervor on Threats

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Tomshindo, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Moorefallen Active Member

I agree constructive discourse , even if we disagree draws attention to the matter.
  2. Moorefallen Active Member

Your necro group mate was prob not speced to shed hate. Next time you have this issue check his spec on eq2 wire.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

At the moment I don't think Fervor on Taunts is a requirement. As it stands at the moment, aggro requires management across the whole raid. Transfers, Tanks being good, DPS detaunting, and abilities such as Sever Hate and Abhorrent Verse go a long way to managing aggro.

Going forwards to the future, I suspect it may become an issue, if we end up with 500+ Fervor for DPS classes. But until then, I don't think a change is needed. Adding Fervor to taunts in current state would make holding aggro a joke again really and take away.

If anything, I'd rather see the Hate Gain +/- % changed to +200 and -100.
    Moorefallen and Luciar like this.
  4. Tupperbeast Active Member

And I say it again who has problems to have a tank to play should question themselves whether it is its right class. As I said Raid does not have but no problems with Agro. Learn your class and what stats you need to play.
    Fervor Plays no role in the stats....
  5. Tomshindo Active Member

>If anything, I'd rather see the Hate Gain +/- % changed to +200 and -100.
    I agree. It's another way to support about controlling threats.
    It's a good idea for novice fighters who do not have enough threats.
  6. Sounson Active Member

None of what you said makes any sense. All posts from you are invalid from here on out.
  7. Nero Active Member

This truly was never intended to be an "in raid" conversation. I honestly agree with pretty much everything you said above, as in raid, people do need to be working together to manage hate. And they way our raid is set up, no one is ripping it off me, period.

The purpose was to

#1 See if this was intentional or an oversight by bringing it to the attention of developers

#2 Have a conversation about hate in general, one that is not limit to a raid environment, to see if an adjustment needs to be made.

I mean as a fully geared MT in raid, believe me, i have 0 problems with hate (in raid), but in a hastily thrown together PUG, yeah.. you bet you @$$ I have people ripping it off me. And yes, i know the counter argument to that is "put together better groups or dont PUG" but in reality that is not always possible. The game population does not allow us to always have a perfect group set up with a coercer, troub, sin, or a swashy, or some other class to help with hate. And not every pug is going to have a tank with my level of gear. So yes, i can certainly see that if I at times get mobs ripped off me in PUGs, lesser geared players, with a more unfortunate group makeup will definitely struggle.
  8. Zelox Active Member

-100% hate shouldn't be a thing because then you would generate 0 hate.
  9. Lucus Well-Known Member

bad idea, this idea is taking away choice, making reforging mandatory and reducing how much tanks can reforge other stats when something could be changed that doesn't penalize tanks like making fervor apply to taunts as it was 'final ability modifer' or boosting the aggression skill on tanks and putting the skill on gear to make taunts more effective.

the only difference between a taunt and a CA is that one only generates hate while the other generates damage and hate.
  10. duckster Active Member

Its fairly simple. Tanks generate a chunk of threat from their taunts along with their dps.

As it stands melee auto and tank CA/Spells are mediocre at best outside of the prestige ability. So taunts should receive the benefit of fervor.(Alternative is to boost their CAs - something that can be said for alot of the other classes that use CAs too).
  11. Moorefallen Active Member

A Tank is not the only player responsible for hate management, I do not disagree that some might be having hate management issues. The point of contention is how to solve it. and it is my opinion that seeking a solution through fevor is the wrong path to take.
  12. duckster Active Member

So in essence if an item drops with high fervor, tanks will get the least benefit from it as their taunts arent effected. Essentially putting them at a disadvantage over others.

Fervor is a final ability modifier and taunts being excluded shouldn't even be an issue. Their profession spells/combat arts are in need of boosting similar to start of ToT if fervor remains the way it is.
  13. Moorefallen Active Member

Unless you are all of a sudden going to not be getting the same buffs from fervor that every one else gets then this statement is inaccurate.
  14. duckster Active Member

Tanks not getting full benefit of fervor in comparison to other classes is inaccurate? Are there other classes where outgoing threat is part of their primary role ?

I already mentioned that if fervor wasnt to be included then their abilities need bumped again. I fail to see why tanks should get the shaft on fervor imo. It didnt apply to wards originally and then it got fixed.

Optimal conditions such as hate transfers help but thats not always the case. In all scenerios(raid and grouping).
    Mermut likes this.
  15. Moorefallen Active Member

FYI there are several classes which in fact their sole job is to generate threat, I would hazard a guess that this is why you are here in fact. because you can not handle their threat generation. Then there are those like your self as a tank whose job is threat management , I have stated before that threat management does not fall solely on the tank, but some do not seem to understand this. And some think because they cannot control the hate in a PUG there needs to be a fix. To them I say that's the PUG life and the struggle is real.
    Jrox likes this.
  16. semisus Does not play this game

I agree , fervor should work on taunts and it would make hate gain much easier
  17. Meilay Active Member

Can any classes/players verify that ferver either affects or doesn't de-hate abilities, where the threat reduced is a value, not positional?