No Fervor on Threats

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Tomshindo, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Tomshindo Active Member

This is what I noticed by my friend's advice, but it seems Fervor stat doesn't modify threat value at all.
    Some stats such as heals/wards haven't been applied as well before, those poor threats might have been forgotten by the creators. As such, if it is true, I hope this fixed because DPS of T1 classes are getting higher and higher.

http://blog-imgs-102.fc2.com/t/o/m/tomshindo/threats.jpg

Here is a picture that indicates threats have no support from Fervor. I hit a training dummy with only main weapon that has ethereal protection, which gives fighter temporary Fervor 100 for 5 seconds. And I did it with no AA supplement.
    The 1st and the 2nd swings are emit when the rune was proc, the others are common swings with no fervor.
    You fighters can ascertain that easily.
    Pinkpink, Baiji and wiouxev2 like this.
  2. Tomshindo Active Member

3. Ansom Active Member

Confirm

Taunt spell ignore fervor stat.. :(

Threats value are constant even with 235 fervor..o_O
  4. Tomshindo Active Member

This is the acute problem for all fighters because some good DPS players are getting epic2.0 and dealing more higher and catastrophic damages.
  5. Baiji New Member

Confirmed too. In AB server.

In dummy testing (unequipped the ethereal rune), I tried to do single-taunt spell ten times at fervor 4.5, 12.5, 27.5, and 42.5, respectively, but NO effectiveness for the amounts of threats.

Research and improve:mad:
    Pinkpink likes this.
  6. Tomshindo Active Member

Moderator said its not a bug, just such a measure that doesnt modify any threats.

Then I suggest that Fervor should also apply to all threats for fighters, who are threaten by high dps players who deals massive damages. Some players deal with more 600M and they are still 'ascending'. If they keep growing and there are no fervor on threats, it'll be more difficult for fighters to hold aggro.
  7. Ansom Active Member

600milion? :confused:

1bilion is the new standard dps.. some dps can do 3-4bilion dps on pull...
  8. Tomshindo Active Member

Cool. That holds my idea more tightly. I hope developer will consider this problem, thank you.
  9. Malleria Well-Known Member

Keep in mind the "moderators" on the issue tracker are NOT Daybreak staff, so their opinions are no more valid than anyone elses.
  10. Earar Well-Known Member

Well if fervor is from what i understand .. a damage modifier, then it's normal it doesn't increase threat amount of taunts coz threat isn't damage.

I remember during RoK there was a similar issue and most tanks were tanking in off stance a parsing quite high, because damage was the only way to hold aggro
  11. duckster Active Member

It is supposed to apply to pretty much all outgoing (damage/heals/threat). Working on wards i suspect this is a broken since taunts are the bread & butter component for tank aggro.
  12. Earar Well-Known Member

I totally agree. if damage goes up but threat doesn't, then it happens what I described in RoK. tanks doing as much damage as they can to keep aggro.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

It works on heals and wards..so it's clearly not just damage. It's a final ability modifier, not a damage modifier.
    Wurm and Shmogre like this.
  14. Tomshindo Active Member

Even heal/wards can be given fervor , I wonder why threats cannot receive this beneficial effect now.
  15. Tomshindo Active Member

As you know, there are now mainly 3 components that strengthen DPS classes.
    1.high pot 2.fervor 3.Ascension abilities

1st, high potency means higher dps, simply. Their base damages are commonly higher than fighter's.
    2nd, Fervor modifies final outgoing damages/heals/wounds, so its importance is very higher than other status.
    3rd, Ascension ability strongly supports dps class with huge DD/AE, high potency, fervor and temporary pets.

And we fighters have to deal with those people. Fighters hold aggro by threats and dps. Both are important for us.
    My rate of dps:threats are by and large 1:1.Either one is supported by fervor but I still feel uncomfortable to hold with my status (you can see my profile on EQ2U) with T1 DPS players.

Of course I deem they make effort to try to decrease their threats, but little to avail I suppose. There are 2 reasons. One is because of the class traits. Swashy is good at transfering their threats but Beasty is not. The other is because fervor might not also modifier their decreasing threats.If they try to lower their position, I think it futile due to their massive outgoing damages.
    What is important is decreasing threats and fervor doesnt support them so that their action to give their positions to fighters are getting difficult.

If Fervor gets applied to increasing/decreasing threats as well, dps can get more easily concentrated on dealing more damages on mobs, and fighters wouldn't get annoyed with holding aggro against mobs. At this circumstance, to be honest, Stressx,well, Stressful now. There must be instances against players, not mobs.

I know holding aggro is synthetic problem, as such, I think it absurd?(not sure its exact expression) to be difficult to hold aggro with my status at least. :p
  16. Tomshindo Active Member

17. wiouxev2 Active Member

I did find it interesting that fervor effects my AA-skill damage on my taunts, but not the taunts themselves. Does seem like an oopsie in that way.
  18. Tomshindo Active Member

Yes, it is. They are getting much stronger than before in this potency-era. So I think even monks should increase their double-cast.

I wonder how dps players feel this situation as well as fighters.
  19. wiouxev2 Active Member

"Even monks"?

More like especially monks.
  20. Abasinolanam Active Member

I think the question that needs to be raised is, what is the original intent behind fervor? If you're doing higher damage because of your "intensity and passion" so to speak, then it would make sense that that intensity would carry over to your threats. That is speaking from a conceptual point of view alone. Whether that is applied to game mechanics or not depends on the devs, but historically they've based those decisions more on the original concept than on whether it causes an unbalance.

I personally hope they include threats to the effects of fervor. It only makes sense.