No Fervor on Threats

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Tomshindo, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Nero Active Member

I'm assuming at my own risk tat this is a guess at best? Nowhere have I ever seen that fervor only applies to "damage" abilities. M understanding has always been that, as someone stated above, fervor is the final ability modifier.

It just makes no sense to me why threat wouldnt fall into this category. I literally cringe when i see my eth rune proc, while perfect form is up, because i can see that i'm sitting at 240-250 fervor, but none of it is applying to the threat generated by taunts, and other procs.
  2. Lucus Well-Known Member

most wards don't deal damage unless they are defiler wards with the right buff on and they are modified by fervor on the ward amount, taunts should have fervor applied so tanks can keep up with the power creep.
  3. Moorefallen Active Member

I disagree with your statement. Threat is not a healing or damage dealing mechanic as such fevor is not broken. and should not be applied to taunts.
  4. Moorefallen Active Member

I am not saying there is no problem with threat generation. But if we are going to look for a solution it should at least be rooted in the same mechanic
  5. Moorefallen Active Member

The definition of fevor has not changed in a long time it can be found here
  6. Nero Active Member

Not trying to be rude, but you are joking right? EQ2 library is maintained by a guild mate of mine. He writes up those articles using his own wording. That is by no means the official definition of what fervor is. That is simply his "dumbed down" definition for people who have no idea what stats do.

I guess the most official definition i could find was from patch notes back in December of 2015. "Fervor multiplies damage/healing/etc after all other calculations." Note the /etc... Obviously since the original introduction of fervor it has been expended to also include wards.

Once again, to be perfectly clear, my argument doesnt even revolve around weather or not the technical definition of fervor encompasses threat from taunts. Regardless of the definition, I am trying to get an official response from the devs as to why they believe it shouldnt be included as it is THE ONLY thing in the game currently that is not being affected by the stat.
  7. Nero Active Member

Once again, why? Why does it have to b healing or damage related? Think about the intent behind the stat, was it not to originally to serve as a final ability modifier? Not a final damage modifier, not final healing modifier.

Actually here for good measure here are the patch notes introducing fervor:

"ABILITIES / ALTERNATE ADVANCEMENT
    General
    Buffs which previously applied Final Ability Damage will now grant the Fervor stat. Fervor multiplies damage/healing/etc after all other calculations. For example, if your spell would normally hit a target for 1,000 damage, after applying a fervor of 10, it would hit for 1,100."

Just to establish something, there is no separate category for taunts.. all "buttons" in your spellbook are wither CAs or Spells.

Now lets take a monk taunt: Reprimand, which is a spell as it does doublecast. All it does is increase threat to target.

So please tell me why my "spell" is not being affected by the stat that is by definition supposed to affect spells?
    Lucus and Mermut like this.
  8. Moorefallen Active Member

I
    Again ect... as in wards and wards are rooted in dmg. you do not cast a ward to prevent taunt levels do you?
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

Using your... interesting.. assertion that heals are rooted in damage.. yes, actually, taunts ARE connected to damage.. keeping the damage on the tank... countering the hate gained by dps based on the damage they do....
  10. Moorefallen Active Member

A better path might be advocate for the new double cast ability to be applied to taunts and deagrro abilities also.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

I disagree, strongly, that your suggested method is 'better'.
  12. Moorefallen Active Member

Why is this hard to understand? Fevor is for DMG & heals based abilities. What is interesting is you guys trying to tie fevor to the hate meter. IMO this is the wrong path to take. the problem should be solved through other means.
  13. Moorefallen Active Member

Then we will have to agree to disagree;)
  14. Malleria Well-Known Member

That's your opinion. An opinion not supported in any way, shape, or form by any official communication on the purpose of fervor.

When fervor didn't apply to wards people asked why, it was revealed to be a mistake and was fixed. The same is now being asked about threat on CAs/spells. You're welcome to your opinion, but it means diddly squat.
    Lucus and Mermut like this.
  15. Nero Active Member

I mean fervor is already tied to the hate meter... it affects damage as you already pointed out, and damage directly affects hate... On both DPS, healers, and tanks...
  16. Nero Active Member

But..... but..... but my taunts already doublecast..... we've been over this...
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

I never said that I failed to see the connection you were drawing. It doesn't follow that I believe it is a meaningful connection
  18. Moorefallen Active Member

True enough but same can be said of your thoughts on the matter.
  19. Moorefallen Active Member

I think we agree that there is an aggro problem, just how to solve it is the point of contention.
  20. Nero Active Member

As rare as it is, I seriously appreciate you all staying civil and being constructive in the discussion on this. The last thing any of us want is to get this topic locked.

One way or another, I am sincerely hoping that we either see something in the patch notes soon TM or get a developer response regarding this issue. I think a simple "we are discussing it" would mean the world to us at this point in time.

Thank you,