Estate of Unrest Prestige House coming for NOTD!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cheribomb, Sep 15, 2015.

1. chattie Well-Known Member

I agree with the above the place is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! Love it! Ima wait til I run to Walmart and see if the cash cards are there yet, and I'm buying lots cause I know there is way more to come from Players Studio. just hoping the cards from Walmart offer the extra bonus as they did before, but my gut tells me it's wishful thinking. Oh well gonna get plenty so I can fill my coffers..Thanks everyone for all your time and hard work :D
    suka likes this.
  2. menolly New Member

Does anyone know if the furniture in the furnished version can be moved?
    suka and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I hope so, since after visiting even the "empty" one the other day, I do agree that the stocks here and there do tend to interfere...on the other hand, if nothing can be done with them, there's always decorating fun: For Frostfell, just hang a few colorful baubles, balls, and bells from them! Decorate around them and have your House Actors kneel down behind each with their faces showing through the holes for old-fashioned "Howdy from [this tourist location]!"-type cutout photo shoots! The possibilities are endless! :D

HOWEVER: I really, really think having the mounts, any mounts, ground mounts, grounded leapers/flyers, doesn't matter what type WORK in this is really crucial. The place is freakin' huge, just in the grounds area; it's not that much smaller than a T3 GH, and a lot of the larger "prestige lands" do allow for mount use to facilitate ease of movement (heck, even the Felwithe Mansion does). So, why don't mounts work here? It's a necessity. :-/

Uwk
    suka likes this.
  4. Bunji Developer

Next update will allow mounts in those houses. The stocks in the empty version of the house weren't intended and will be removed.
    SierraDawn, suka, Merriel and 8 others like this.
  5. santargria Well-Known Member

Don't forget the portal object is broke as well :(
  6. Faelan Active Member

Thank you Bunji ! This is very good news!
  7. LordTiras Well-Known Member

I'm wondering this also. The pre-decorated one has furniture spilled all over, and I'd like to be able to at the least "stand stuff back upright" so it looks "lived in again" instead of trashed. If they can't, then I'll buy the vacant one and figure out what to do about the missing piano and stuff, but I'd rather have those nice toys and I'm willing to pay the extra for them if I can "clean up".
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen, yeah! :D

Uwk
  9. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Thank you so very very much!!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Margaritas Active Member

I understand how you feel, but you can put in some work and "restore" it....

[IMG]

This is the room with the dumbwaiter, by the way.

Also the creepy music remains.. but I have plans to explain that.... :)
    SierraDawn, suka, Prissetta and 3 others like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound..." ;->

Uwk
    santargria, suka and HaphazardAllure like this.
  12. LordTiras Well-Known Member

Where did those windows come from? I can't find anything on ones quite like that...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Looks like the "ornate stained glass oval"
    Code:
    \aITEM -1638559219 -836908090:ornate stained glass oval\/a
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's one advantage of the various opaque windows, ovals, etc.; while we may not have a "hole to the outside," at least we can put 'em up anywhere and have them look like windows, even if what's "outside" might be another room, another wall, a hillside, you name it. Very versatile! :)

Uwk
    suka likes this.
  15. Margaritas Active Member

Yes, that is it. I put them in the existing window frames. To compare, I took them out of the right side.

[IMG]

The stained glass really adds some life and brightness to the room. The windows are I guess boarded up? Or the shutters are closed? Either way, dull and gross.

This house cleans up very well. I just finished my 2nd room. It's a bit overwhelming having way too much space, I don't expect to be anywhere near finished any time soon (especially with midterms coming up.
    santargria, suka, Prissetta and 2 others like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, someone once suggested it would be a great place for a guild hall! I've been in quite a few guilds where, if they have a humongous T3 or T4, that they often go so far as to "board up" the unused rooms, or at least just have the teleport pads lead only to those places that have been decorated, given the limitations of the item placement numbers. :-/

Uwk
    who strongly suggests checking out Clan Mawr's T3 guild hall in Antonica, if they're still around (and have the same hall that I remember), as an excellent example
    suka likes this.
  17. LordTiras Well-Known Member

Ahh, I see it now. Bravo on the creativity, I've done things like that before but I would not have figured that one out by looking at it. :) Thanks for the tip!

This would definitely make for an amazing guild hall. I've actually been thinking on that since they released this, and how it could benefit both people and the company. I think if they stopped and took a little time to make some code that allowed a guild leader to buy a special "guild deed to xxx" that was the correct tier, they could actually monetize it and make all of us happy at the same time.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Big time! :D

Uwk
  19. Emesh Well-Known Member

I started working on my Estate of Unrest last night. The first thing I did was set up a place to work. So the dilapidated gazebo had to go. I would have kept it as is if the gaxebo railing had not been 3 feet over Emesh's head.o_O Sorta felt like I was in a cage in there.

[IMG]

After fixing the outside, I set up the inside as a workshop. I think in the end I may convert it to maybe a caretaker's cottage?...idk

[IMG]

The next thing I was looking at was the dead tree's. I want to keep some of the creep factor but not go total horror story. I was thinking of maybe using some trees that have fall colors, and then try to blend them together so you can still see some branches without leaves....idk Anyone got any ideas for dealing with the trees?

[IMG]

I didn't do anything with the inside of the house yet, I'm still figuring out what type of wood I want to tile the walls in. Maybe the white marble tiles or redwood.

Margaritas, I love the stained glass windows idea. I know I'm going to use that.:)

Also, yes this would be an amazing guild hall!
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Emesh, dude, forgive me, but I gotta ask: if someone takes the "E" off your name so it becomes "Mesh," does your character keel over dead? ;)

Uwk