TLE (PvE) Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Gninja, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cochy New Member

Played through BB and Firemyst Gully tonight and still have concerns about the difficulty. A group of 4 Assassin, Swashy, Ranger and Necro cleared the entire thing with no issues. Mobs really need to hit harder in the dungeons.
  2. Peak Nagafun

Necromancers are pretty strong right now, though. He could probably solo it.
  3. Hyiero Active Member

Experience gain from group xp outside the starter zones seems spot on. 2.1% per ^^^ kill at giants in TS with group but that's with vitality and 50% pot going. So it would be about .8% per kill without anything which seems right around launch values.

Heroic mobs still a little weak though. Would like to see them get increased a little bit more! But great job thus far making rapid changes.
  4. armawk Member

This should probably be in here, sorry.

Remembering back a couple of years, the first taunts for tanks were removed from the spells given during levelling as 'no-one groups before 20'

On this server that logic makes no sense. Is it possible to give these back?
    Feldon, Dauvien and Alenna like this.
  5. Wabit Active Member

There were a lot of quests, they just weren't always given by people with feathers over their heads: Kill 100 thing book quests (mob dropped), click on things to get quest (PF statues), writs (kinda count), access quests, plus the heritage quests (multi zones, language, L&L). My quest journal was never empty (10 or less quests), plus the possible exp for killing everything on the way to get quest updates. The quests just weren't the linear do 15 things for these 5 people, go to next area do 15 more things for 5 more people. Lots of times quest exp was just a bonus to what you were already doing. And there are the collection quests.

Collection quests used to be big exp, you wanted that 1 level to get into the next zone go spend all your money on the broker for a few collections (or PL out a new toon to insta level 20).

Nek Castle, went there probably a dozen times for quests (damn you Billy).
    Jaden likes this.
  6. Jaden Well-Known Member

-----------
    Or how about don't do it solo?
  7. Jaden Well-Known Member

-------
    Good deal....and what about some sort of modest group bonus for additional motivation....
    Luchsia and Jazhara like this.
  8. Jazhara Member

I would absolutely love if they did add a bonus per person you have in a group for a little group setting motivation. Would def welcome more players to group more often. Even if its just a duo or even trio. Like lets say a 2-3% bonus exp per person in a group for bonus.

Or if that is too hard to do perhaps once a full group is formed you add like a 20-25% bonus.

-Jaz
    Jaden likes this.
  9. Nuhvohk Active Member

These aren't really issues, more like suggestions, and there's a chance they've already been brought up, but I'll try mentioning them anyway.

-Lava should cause lethal amounts of damage. As it is, lava is practically just water that takes a tiny chip of health away every few seconds, which you quickly heal anyway. I'm not saying lava should kill you instantly (although I wouldn't mind that), but at least greatly increase the damage. It should be dangerous enough that swimming through lava to bypass enemies in Lavastorm should not be an option.

-Harvest nodes should have their skill requirements restored. I don't know how easy this would be to do, or if it's even possible, but I think it would add a certain level of challenge to harvesting that's been gone since Tears of Veeshan. Not really sure why it was taken out to begin with, other than to allow players to skip harvest tiers and thus miss out on the old zones even more.
    Dauvien and Jaden like this.
  10. Wabit Active Member

Didn't exp used to work something like this:
    Mobs were assigned a point total for their level. For every level (might have been con color) difference it was +/- 5% (guessing here).
    Then the exp was divided by the number of group members. If the number of group members was 6 (and only 6) there was like a 30% bonus to the total.

exp = P, bonus = B, number of ppl =N, Level difference of player to mob = L
    If N < 6, B = 100%; If N = 6, B = 130%.

L(PB/N) = each players exp

4 or 6 players was about equivalent exp per kill, 5 was an unhappy group number. The lowest level group member always made the best exp because they had the highest level difference.

I just remember yellow ^^^ were the happy place for leveling. They died quick and gave good exp. Orange gave better exp per kill but took longer to kill and recover. White was still okay exp. Blue was no challenge, and no reward. Greens why bother grouping, exp was garbage (soloing them was decent exp). Reds really weren't good exp (unless you were being power leveled, but you still had to damage them to get exp).
  11. Wabit Active Member

Fighter HO's used to have taunts as their finishers. I had one single (lvl 1) and one group (lvl 8), all fighters did. Warriors got an attack taunt around lvl 12. Guards got their group attack taunt in the 40's. Forget when we got the taunting stances.
  12. Alenna Well-Known Member

+1
    Dauvien likes this.
  13. Dixa Active Member

this is not 2004 anymore and this game was never as popular as the first eq. forced grouping at level is not going to fly, the server will not survive
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

[IMG]

was kind of fun to do a x2 again
    Jaden likes this.
  15. Elfrina Member

What is he purpose of the TL server. Starting all over at level 1, doesnt make sense to me. Fix the EQ2 zoning first, zoning been an isue for weeks getting kicked to desktop
  16. Adevil Well-Known Member

I'm beta testing to try to figure that out. Started during DoV, so no nostalgia for me. So far it's same just different for me, but lots of folk seem to be loving it, so hey, why not make customers happy by doing it?

I do agree they should also be looking into where that memory leak causing crashes on live is coming from. Probably they are, just haven't found the solution yet.
  17. Finora Well-Known Member

Did you actually play the game back then? There were quite a lot of quests. The overland zones were had plenty of them. Every dungeon had at the very least 3 dropped or click to get quests. Not all had feathers but dang really, go clicking around Feerrott one day. Some of the old ones have even been removed.

Now we were not lead around by the nose quite as much as we are in the newer zones, and there weren't 100-150 in a chain per zone like some of the expansions (Kunark) but that certainly didn't mean there weren't quests.
    Alenna and Jaden like this.
  18. Odyssey Active Member

If you read I did not say there were no quests. There were very few quests. This is a relative term. Relative to the way the game currently is there were very few quests. There were no quest chains in any of the original zones like there are now those were added later. There were some droppable quests and most dungeons the questing has not changed but they added a ton of quests when they changed the game to where basically all overland zones were solo experiences with a quest chain to lead you through the entire zone.
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

Very few kind of implies that the quests were few and far between, which wasn't the case at all. There weren't as many, relative to zones like Kunark again for instance, but look again at just solo timelines for the various old school zones. There were no shortage of quests and the game wasn't only about grinding to the top via dungeon. Some of the quests were herioc though and there certainly was grouping involved and getting updates especially for the lore and legends (which you had to go to the zones for) took longer than it does today but 35-45 quests in an overland zone really isn't what I'd call 'very few quests'.

Now old EF and Lavastorm (especially Lavastorm) didn't have nearly as many quests as the earlier zones, but Lavastorm was considered an end game zone. There were herioc goblins right there in the tunnel from the docks. It was basically one big outdoor dungeon. Even still there were quests.

The whole very few quests dungeon grind honestly sounds a whole heap more like EQ1 than any point in the the live version of EQ2.
    Belenos and Alenna like this.
  20. Odyssey Active Member

Except you are wrong. When the game was released and people were grinding to 50 for the first time there were very few/no "solo timelines". In Update: 01, In January of 2005 2 months after release was when they started adding some of the solo quests. Update: 06 in April of 2005 about 7 months after release was when they added what we now know as the "solo timelines" to Antonica, The Commonlands, The Thundering Steppes, Nektulos Forest, The enchanted lands, and Zek. Now all of these things happened before the first expansions but to say there were a lot of quests in the game at release is just wrong and makes it seem like you weren't the one playing from release date. I was 8th worldwide and 2nd on server ranger to hit level fifty. In the initial release once you got past level 12 or so there were not many quests that could be soloed when at the appropriate level to do the content. That stuff came during classic but was not in at release.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.