Heroic Characters Level Up to 90!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, the character in that screenshot was created as a lvl 85 heroic. I hadn't yet leveled him to 90/320 AA, and so he got the upgrade bauble when I logged in. About 2 minutes after I used the bauble, he received the lvl 90 armor AND the mount in that picture. So he actually has both heroic mounts.

If the heroics you currently have are eligible for the upgrade (either below 90 or below 320 AA), they will get that mount when you use the bauble.
    Belenos, Griff and Mizgamer62 like this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I did not get anything for my heroic characters :(
    I was mostly after the cool mount. I should be so lucky to get this nice deal
    I also thought this deal would go down on Thursday
    I am so confused :confused:
  3. floofloobunny Active Member

Its not live yet, only on test where lordrelhai took the screeny
  4. Foretold Well-Known Member

ZOMG I love that mount... That needs to be made available on the market on its own... just sayin'...
    Griff likes this.
  5. Wintir Active Member

Good lookin' horsey! :)
  6. Serenaheq2 Active Member

It's ok looking but am i missing something or is it not just the same old pegasus with a different skin? Again its OK... but ZOMG??? I don't know maybe its just me and I'm jaded.
  7. Llwellyn Active Member

Just posting this over here in case people didn't catch it in the test forum.

:(
    Lucus likes this.
  8. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Oh no! I'm sorry the new mount won't also be given.

Does this mean I have to get rid of the one I got?
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

owe and it was the mount I really wanted of this deal :(
    anyway I seen a mount that looks something like the new one that you can buy
    I think but I don't think it has the stats.
    suddenly I don't care about Thursday coming anymore no mount no care
    besides the armor maybe
    floofloobunny likes this.
  10. floofloobunny Active Member

does seem weird to upgrade armor with stats and not the mount (especially the ones below lvl 90 and still at 85 or 86.)

Just let us petition to get the cold pony removed from our toons that want the new dark pony.

For those who want to keep the cold pony but want the upgraded pony stats, have a cold pony with the same stats ready to switch out for those who want to keep them but feel "whole" with the upgraded stats. Then I dont think soe will have any headaches from anyone and it will be fair to all.

fair to sony not granting and additional mount and fair to players to get a new look/keep old look and updated stats all around.
  11. Louly Well-Known Member

Well pffft then I don't even want that bauble now. sheesh all excited for absolutely nada
    It was the very fine horse I wanted.

Guess I'll just leave mine at 85 it's not that far to 90
  12. Alenna Well-Known Member

not all of us my test toon who was created as a herioc did not get the mount she got everything esle though
  13. Xianthia Well-Known Member

So we get a bauble with updated gear but not the mount? Such a small part of what's being done and yet disappointing.
    Lucus likes this.
  14. Wolf New Member

That truly is disappointing. Why must SOE continue to make these mistakes, do they not read these forums, is this not the very reason for announcing the change before implementing it?
  15. Belenos Well-Known Member

The new mount is not granted to previous heroic characters. We fixed the issue of not receiving your crate until zoning yesterday so it will be ready to go with the live publish.

Hmm, so existing heroic characters still below lvl 90 and/or 320 AAs:

Will get levels and AAs,

Will get upgraded gear appropriate to their new level,

But...

Will NOT get the corresponding mount with stats appropriate to their new status?

Something just doesn't sound right about that, as an existing level 85-86 heroic character will be at a disadvantage to a new one without the stats.
  16. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

As disappointing as it was to realize getting the upgraded horse was a mistake, I understand not giving a second mount. But can we get a mount swap if we have the old mount? We've done that for other things in the game, when stats or appearances were changed. Or at least can the new stats be added to the old mount?
  17. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Yeah I am really mad that the SC a friend gave me for Christmas was used to get two heroic characters and now I am stuck with the old mount that made me really crabby in first place since it looks just like the CE mount (well a few shades whiter but um yeah it looks exactly the same). They really really really need to let us get rid of the cold one and exchange for the new one. Another bauble to do just that please please please please please please. Please?
  18. Foretold Well-Known Member

Yep, its the same pegasus with a different skin. But the skin is awesome. IMHO its def a ZOMG...

I have a toon that would look PERFECT on it. And I just can't stop looking at it...
  19. Griff Well-Known Member

I'm just going to say this as someone who owns a small business. Buyer's remorse is not a good thing for your customers to feel.

Previously, customers that purchased the AA Bauble were informed that the new bauble would have 320 AA points, not 280; it would be exchanged ONLY if you did not use the bauble. It's fairly obvious that people that purchased the bauble were not going to hold on to it as it would wipe out any AA points earned up to 280 points. You purchase a bauble for the AA now, not later. To bad, better luck next time.

Now they are making a great attempt to make the people that purchased/received the Heroic Characters in the past catch up to what is being offered in the near future. Everyone gets excited about the really cool mount (pixels) that was mistakenly thought to be part of that upgrade kit. Nope, sorry, better luck next time!

Large chain stores learned years ago that the best way to win over a loyal customer is to make them feel like their purchase is protected. T-Mobile lets you change your mind and upgrade to a better phone within 60 days if you are unhappy with the one that you just bought OR a better offer is made available. Most large chains will grandfather in a special deal for up to 30 days if a better offer is made. That promotes commerce since on feels confident that the purchase they make today won't turn out to be a better deal tomorrow; if only they waited just "X" more days.

I feel that upgrades on purchases made from the store should be grandfathered to people that purchased it in the past. That would provide more income for the company and more satisfied customers in the end.
    floofloobunny, Belenos, Lucus and 4 others like this.
  20. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Exactly!