Heroic Characters Level Up to 90!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

There is another option besides letting existing heroic characters getting to pick which mount using bauble....you could just give existing players the new mount, letting them keep the old mount and give new heroic characters both when they make the purchase. This would make everyone happy and might tempt more people into buying the heroic characters.
  2. <3Eq2 New Member

Hello I am new player, can you explain how this works because I don't understand?

You buy both features with SC right?
  3. Thimdirran Active Member

Yes, Dungeon Maker and Heroic Character are both purchased with Station Cash.
  4. Wolf New Member

You can give SC to a friend? How, as this is what I wanted to give as Christmas presents, but was under the impression that gifting SC or SC Items was not yet available.....
  5. Zookeeper Active Member

I think All of the horses are "the same old pegasus" with or without wings...and maybe different colours and trapping.
  6. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

What I would do if you can't gift sc directly is to buy an SC card and tell your friend what the numbers are so they can claim the SC for their account. :) You can directly gift sc items that you buy from the marketplace (some things can't be gifted though, so make sure to check before you buy something, I think character slots cannot be gifted) if you are all access and have your sub set up to be paid by credit card each month. I use SC cards to pay my sub because the SC cards at Walmart give me 500 extra bonus sc per card (so 1,000 per month instead of the normal 500) and found out around xmas that although I had been all access for 3 months, I couldn't use the gifting feature without paying by CC each month instead of with SC cards. I put in a petition about this (because I don't want to lose the 500 extra sc a month I get only with the SC card) and a very nice customer service person temporarily flagged my account to be able to gift for a weekend so I could gift my guildies some SC items. Just wanted to explain how this works because I thought I just had to be all access for a few months for this to work, but found out you need to have your sub set up to be paid by CC each month for at least 2 months for this to work. Good luck to you. :)
  7. Zookeeper Active Member

Regarding the "Pay to Win" concept...
    I have purchased level 85's. They are great for harvesting until my crafters (whose class level is often trailing far behind my crafting level) have a steady supply of mats from characters who can more easily survive for long-term harvesting in high level areas. My low levels can harvest most of them, but it takes a lot more time surveilling and sneaking and watching mob pathing in order to find the window that the mobs open without an immediate move back to position where the low level is in grave peril if they are there at the harvest node when the mob gets back in range.
    If you bought the game at all, you are "Pay to Win." Only Free Account players have not bought into the Pay to Win concept with full amenities available.
    To be honest, each player's concept of "winning" is different.
    Some of us don't do player dungeons, or dungeons, or raiding. We are very happy harvesting and crafting our lives away, and doing crafting quests with a bit of adventuring on the side.
    If we paid for the privilege to do what we want to do, and not what some game formula proscribes as the only way to progress is to follow This Pattern of Logistics, we enjoy the game and stay...and pay again, and again, for the right to play the way we want to play.
    If you prefer to do dungeons, raids, and adventure groups, or solo high level content, you paid for that privilege with your subscription.
    Thankfully, my subscription does not define my success in following any specific path. I'm free to deviate and do quests here or there, L&L kills for drops and achievements, and harvest and craft my little heart out.
    We ALL have paid to "win." Playing the game the way we personally enjoy playing it is winning.

I will admit...I have purchased some level 85's (Aerakyn). Recently, some have been seen (they are all good), on the starter isle in Frostfang Sea, switching gear for that given by the quest giver, and killing orcs for Requisitions and body parts for L&L and doing the harvesting quest to get an invitation to see the crafting instructor in town.
    What a waste, yes? All of that potential power, and they are in Start areas doing quests. I'm missing some content somewhere...umm...lemme see...AH! it's starter content in Fina's Retreat..minus all the questing and L&L achievements on the way up to that point!

How I play after I pay SONY is pretty much my personal business unless the way I play hurts the play of some other player, or takes advantage of some exploit in the game.
    If you see a level 85 harvesting jumjum and roots and copper, it may be me. Don't sneer. I paid to play that way.
    I consider it a Win/Win...for both SONY and me.
  8. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

My friend bought a station cash card. Then my friend sent me a tell giving me the code on the back of the card to enter to claim the station cash.
    Griff likes this.
  9. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

You totally misinterpreted my post, which was a response to another player. That player implied that Sony is some how forcing people to purchase heroic characters as the only way to reach end game content quicker and that isn't accurate. Heroic Characters are optional and not required to play the game. Leveling is free and there are many ways to do it. Also, pay to win means that you must purchase something from the marketplace in order to play this game. That isn't accurate as every purchase made from the marketplace is optional and not necessary. If someone wants to purchase a heroic character for whatever reason I don't have a problem with that at all. I am all for Sony making money and in particular EQ2 as I love this game and hope it is around for a long time to come.
    Griff, Spindle and Belenos like this.
  10. Character Member

Purchased Level 90 Heroic Characters will come with Level 90 (Adventure only), 320AAs, a full set of gear, food/drink, ammo, potions (as appropriate) and a mount with stats!
    the only thing with an improved appearance is the mount. Everything else looks the same.

All players who purchased a level 85 Heroic Character will not be changed at all, but will receive a no-trade level 90 Heroic Character bauble they can choose to use. It will update your character’s level to 90, AAs to 320, and give you a set of gear, food/drink, ammo, potions (as appropriate), and retain their existing flying mount.

So who had this bright idea? This is more of a slap in the face than anything. "Here you go players, we're going to give you a duplicate set of everything you already purchased or earned by buying previous content with the exception of the mount (the one thing you will most likely use) that was visually improved upon." Unless you have not been playing this game since heroic characters were introduced, the only things you see people using after they've purchased or used the heroic bauble once they go beyond level 85 is the armor and/or just the mount. We already had the armor and you didn't improve the appearance of that at all so I have to ask.....
    What was the point of this? You didn't give us, those of us who purchased or earned our heroic baubles previously, anything really. The gesture was in no way magnanimous as it has been portrayed here.
    If the person has out leveled the gear they've either sold or destroyed it all to make room for other things and most kept the armor and mount only. If you really wanted to do something for those who already had a heroic character you would have allowed us to choose between the mounts at the very least and/or improved the appearance of the heroic armor.

Before any of you go spouting the whole 'you're just looking for a handout' vomitus, I plan on buying ANOTHER heroic upgrade for the same character, my main, just to get the new mount, keeping the old one as it is no longer obtainable. I have the money to spend on this game. This is my entertainment venue. I just don't like it when folks try to disguise things as what they aren't.
    Griff and floofloobunny like this.
  11. Goreganis Member

You no longer have to buy Dungeon Maker with station cash due to the recent nerf on Dec 16th due to complainants SOE supposedly received after the launch of AOM. It is now a free feature available to everyone regardless of account type.
  12. Qixil Active Member

I've purchased at least 4 heroic characters plus got 2 for free. I think if the baubles for 90 don't grant the new mount, then the old one needs to at least be upgraded to have equal stats?? I'm not about to purchase another heroic just for the mount, even though it is pretty.
    floofloobunny and Griff like this.
  13. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

[IMG]

You know its not just that this mount is beautiful and I wouldn't have a duplicate appearance mount as the CE mount if I could trade. BUT!!!! now people who buy the level 90 heroic characters have an unfair advantage over people that bought the level 85 heroic characters. Why? The mount you are giving the new customers get a mount with STATS on them. As far as I know I cannot buy a station cash mount that has stats on it like the one above. You gave existing heroic characters new armor because it has better stats why wouldn't you give them the mount with stats on them? Or at the very least update the existing heroic character mounts the exact same stats that this new mount has. Seriously I just bought a heroic character during the bonus status weekend and now I am angry! Why oh why does SOE insist on making customers mad?!? Come on guys...be fair and give us the mount with the stats.
  14. DellMarDell New Member

I did not get my mount. There is no way in the system for me to purchase re upgrade to Heroic to get the mount and the mount.
    Why are the new characters getting more for paying later. Why is their no option for getting the same results to even by having to pay again.
    Alenna, Griff and floofloobunny like this.
  15. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

On one hand, I can see not getting the upgraded mount as in-line with not being able to take my current 3DS to Best Buy on Feb 13 and exchange it for the new Majora's Mask themed 3DS XL. I got exactly what I paid for when I bought the item, and there was no written or implied agreement that if they offered an improved version later I would get the upgrade automatically.

On the other, this isn't a piece of physical property. Trading my 3DS for a new one isn't an equivalent trade because the technology has changed, the parts are more worn, and the value just isn't there anymore. These mounts are data. No physical changes, and if the technology running the game is changed, it affects the old and new mounts alike because they're both running on the same machine.

I appreciate that they are just giving us the upgrade option - it really is a gesture of goodwill, and they could just as easily left the current Heroics alone or said, "Already-made Heroic Characters who have not yet reached the new Heroic Character minimum level and aa can purchase a booster to the new level for 1000 SC." Because we got what we paid for when we bought it, and that purchase had no written or implied agreement that if they offered an improved version later we would get the upgrade automatically.

But having offered us the free upgrade (and offered as an option, so those who'd rather not take the jump won't have to), not getting the full upgrade feels like a loss. They don't want to offer us a free mount on top of the one we purchased with the Heroic Character, okay. I can see that. But an exchange NPC when an item is changed, who will take the old version and give us the new, is something that has been done in the past. So has changing stats on an item across the board. So if we are going to get the improved version as part of our original purchase, I think it is not unreasonable to give the original mount the stats of the new one, and/or to have an exchange NPC who will take our original Heroic mount and give us the new one instead.
    floofloobunny and Alenna like this.
  16. Griff Well-Known Member

Great feature for those wanting a level 90 Heroic Character now with the spells, armor, food, potions, starting area in the jungle, a stat mount and 320 AA, everything you need to really enjoy that zone. Well, unless of course you purchased one before the promotion, not to fear though, you get almost everything you need to enjoy the zone, short of the cool mount.

Now you can look at it two ways.
    • They really planned this out and came to the conclusion that the combination of ALL the items in the current offering would best prepare you for the suggested jungle starting zone including a mount that has much desired stats. They just did not feel that those who previously purchased Heroic characters deserved the mount advantage. So basically, if, for whatever reason you been sitting on that less than 90 Character and upgrade it, now you're ready to take on the content in the jungle, just with at a disadvantage over the newly purchased Heroic characters.
    • The mount is not really needed and simply is there to entice players to purchase a new Heroic Character if they want the mount costing them $35.
    Either they put together a package that they felt would best serve the players at level 90 and excluded those loyal players who already purchased the package prior to the change or decided that players spending $35 now are more worthy of the extra rewards than those who spent the $35 in the past. It completely goes against the standard mantra of buy early and get more rewards by spending now.
    Alenna and Qixil like this.
  17. Qixil Active Member

Recently, issues like not getting the mount after having paid more than a fair share on several heroic toons, the recent no-show email codes that should have come after opting in, and no Aerakyn being included with the expansion (which I ended up buying the race because I had some extra SC one one account and I really REALLY don't like their wings because of that peach-ish color always being present, but decided to get them just to have them), really are driving me away from playing as much, or spending in the future. I'm getting a little tired of being ignored and supporting the game all these years to have to pay more for one thing and another to have what really should have been free (when it's already been paid for). I know all of these are basically fluff things (with the exception of this new STAT mount) we don't have to have, but I'm kind of a collector and don't like missing out on cool stuff that I've more than paid for IMO. I shouldn't even have to write this, but I'm getting fed up.
    floofloobunny and Griff like this.
  18. Thimdirran Active Member

I had forgotten about this, thank you for the correction.
    Goreganis likes this.
  19. Silkenmyst New Member

I tend to agree with those who feel a bit ripped off with the changes to heroic characters. Firstly, I had JUST purchased the dungeon maker, with actual SC, 1,000 to be exact. I was not abusing it, I was not power leveling with it, I was just playing around with a friend's dungeon now and then and using the tokens to get goodies and then questing and stuff as normal. Yet, because someone abused this source of xp, suddenly, It was taken away, altered, I could no longer earn tokens for toys, etc and it was being given away free. I was told I would NOT get a refund of my SC because the content was still accessible. My point in wanting a refund was simply that, I Had just paid 10$ in real money for this feature, and suddenly everyone else gets it for free. Nor was I refunded even a portion of my 10$. Now, with the heroic chars, people who buy one now, get this beautiful statted mount, plus all the other goodies we got with the lvl 85. However people who have already purchased said heroic do not get the choice to trade in their coldain peg for the new one nor is the coldain peg upgraded to have similar stats.
    I think this is just poor judgement on sony's part, it makes loyal customers feel unappreciated. It also makes us reluctant to spend further money on features etc because as soon as we do, you are going to give it away for free to some new player... just my nickle's worth
    Goreganis and floofloobunny like this.
  20. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Greetings Everyone,

We welcome your feedback on the upgraded Heroic Characters, but please remember to still be respectful and courteous with your posts. We want your input, positive or negative, but it's not ok to post personal attacks against other players or groups of people.

This thread contains information pertaining to the Heroic Character upgrades, so remember to stay-on topic. If you would like to provide further feedback regarding other game changes, please create a thread in the General Game discussion forum for the topic you wish to discuss.