Quintessences

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Sneakle, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Lamatu Active Member

The way to get these Quintessences is to simply salvage level 98 Handcrafted gear.

A typical mass production of 100 items of level 98 Handcrafted which is then salvaged will always yield one or even five Quintessences depending on your luck.

Not sure if it makes a difference but I always salvage level 98 Handcrafted chest pieces.
    Purrako, Jrel and Beee like this.
  2. Atan Well-Known Member

There are far better items to mass produce ;)
    Kalika likes this.
  3. Kalika Well-Known Member

Ok i think i can spread the news now ;-)
  4. Feldon Well-Known Member

Tomorrow.
  5. Wurm Well-Known Member

Kinda tired of how things are gated in this Xpac.

"To make this you need this, this and this which requires this, this and this."

Its getting old
    Tylia, Vapur and Feldon like this.
  6. TrulyVexed Active Member

I'm more frustrated that this (so far) is the only path to AoM purple runes I've seen. I don't really understand why we've gone from ToV's craft or get drops from heroic and/or raid adventuring to requiring crafting.
  7. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

Then they need to up the drops in the high tier group dungeons to minimum fabled. Like in ToV.

Else the availebility for goot transmute/salvage is far too low.
    Vapur likes this.
  8. Wurm Well-Known Member

Well after reading this thread I made a decision. I took off two hours earlier from work. Went home, respecced into salvaging and then looked at the price of Quintessences on my server.

600 plat for one. I set that as my budget and bought all the level 98 handcrafted items I could for that amount.

After all of them were salvaged I had 3 Quintessences, 3 rares and 694 commons.

Since I only need three war runes for my toon ATM I stopped, considered myself 1200 plat ahead of the game and was happy about it.

Once I need a few more maybe by then the market will have stabilized and the prices dropped.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

We'll see what happens to the market based upon the changes (nerf?) put in today.

Last night I salvaged another 50 quints and ~80 rares in about 2.5 hours of play time knowing that it was about to be changed with today's patch. Seriously, thanks guys for posting patch notes a day ahead of time!
    Feldon likes this.
  10. Azian Well-Known Member

50?? Good god. Your pace was significantly better than mine although I didn't quite do 2.5 solid hours. Maybe you found something stackable that could be salvaged. Mine were one at a time.
  11. Atan Well-Known Member

I certainly Min/Maxed the process, that is for sure.
  12. Kalika Well-Known Member

Indeed mass production (110 with hand of the crafter) is much better than buying from the broker. Also it's better if you craft the cheapest possible item, they don't use all the same amount of fuel/raw.

Last the best is probably to do it with a jeweler since Lumium are much more valuable than other rares.

I only made like 10 of them, for personal use, selling them would not have been fair since the way to produce them was nicely handled to me, probably if i had discovered the process i would had sold them.

Since Lamatu made the process public i was intending to make more, but too late, servers are down and patch is coming.

Anyway : Reduced the chance of returning a rare harvestable when you salvage a handcrafted or treasured item.

Note that they did not write that this chance was removed, just lowered.

Technically setting the chance to zero can be described at lowering it ;-)
  13. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Hmm....the update note specifically says "a rare harvestable". Is there any chance quintessences aren't considered "harvestable", and the only thing being changed is the number of rares [lumium, bixbite, etc.] that could be returned? Guess we'll find out soon...

[Yeah, I doubt it too, but an ogre can hope, right?]
  14. Azian Well-Known Member

I guess we'll know soon enough but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.
    Shmogre likes this.
  15. Serenaheq2 Active Member

I also called in late just to stay and salvage handcrafted items this morning and managed over 50 quints and i don't know how many rares. And to be honest the fact that i found the need to do this troubles me. Was this an expoilt? /shrug... i won't be selling the quints or rares either... but i also thankfully wont need to pay outrageous prices on the broker because of the rarity of these items thanks to the fact transmuting/salvaging last tiers top end gear wont get you this tiers mats like every xpac up to this point. Sony changed the rules AGAIN... so i don't feel bad about bending them.

Still will have a problem with mana's for this tier but I'm ok with muting legendary gear and adepts for infusions, powders, and fragments. To be honest i never felt the major price difference on fabled adornments was worth minor power difference on the legendary ones.

Sorry to those who didn't know about this "feature" until it was too late. Really would have been fairer if the entire community had had a chance to stock up on some of these. Hopefully the people who did come up with hundreds of these don't now gouge the market since this hole has been plugged. Will definately be interesting to see how this plays out.
  16. Caith Developer

The chance for returning a Quintessence was not modified with this patch.
    Shmogre likes this.
  17. Serenaheq2 Active Member

That is AWSOME new Caith :)
  18. Mathrim Active Member

Well. It looks like they took the Dungeon Maker Nerf bat and hit this feature as well. Doing a full round of salvage on 250 items of crafted gear at a cost of roughly 100 pp in fuel would give on average 8 or 9 rares pre-nerf.

Just did a couple of rounds and got an average of 1 rare per 250 items. So about a 90% reduction just from my initial testing.

At this point, don't even bother salvaging for rares as it is far cheaper and less hassle just to buy your rare from broker or harvest it yourself. Now, that may not hold true once market prices adjust for the 90% reduction of incoming rares from salvaging.

The only reason to bother with salvaging now in my opinion is if you are going after Quints.
    Feldon likes this.
  19. Serenaheq2 Active Member

How many Quints did you get out of that 250 item salvage?
  20. Mathrim Active Member

Zero. But that is not unusual for a single round of salvage. I've gone through dry spells where I can salvage 700 to 800 items and not get a single Quint. I've also gone through 200 items and gotten 7.

Gotta love that RNG.

I'm not putting hundreds of plat in fuel costs deeper into salvaging just to get harder numbers on % of returns. Without the normal rares being there, I don't have any incentive to waste my time staring at my bags clicking Salvage over and over and over.
    Purrako and Feldon like this.