So, since Druids are getting more stuff...

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Arieste, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Arieste Well-Known Member

At SOE live, someone asked for druids to get a no-sick rez and the DEVs just went "sure, here you go".
    Really? Out of all the healers, DRUIDS are the ones needing extra love right now? But hey, I'm happy to share. Let them have a good rez.

But, in the spirit sharing and "just asking" for stuff, can shamans have AE blockers please?

I mean... really, rezzes were like the last thing we could do that druids couldn't do as well or better... so can't we have some of the stuff THEY can do? Let's continue the cross-archetype sharing!

RoA is pretty much useless in terms of giving the speed buffs, so let's get that changed to an group AE blocker. go go go!
  2. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Druid was also the only healing group that didn't have no-sickness rezzes, making it detrimental to bring one in zones where dying is a possibility. There's some things that obviously shouldn't be cross-class let alone cross-archetype (Look what they did to Swash -> Brig...there's almost no difference, except that Brig does everything Swash does 15000x better), but Rez Sickness imo should have been killed off when they added in Insta-Death scripts and the like. Also losing a potential spot over the fact that you're the only remaining archetype (Even bards and Paladins have sickless rezzes) with rez sickness inducing rezzes is just sad.

Shamans will probably be looked at heavily next expac, especially since Wards can crit. If the new crit types aren't enough, then wards and the general utility of Shamans will need a really strict, thorough looking at so they maintain competitiveness for group/raid slots.

Heck, if they can't fix the heals, I'd say improve their dps and go and triple their utility and call them a support class instead...lol
  3. Arieste Well-Known Member

Help me out, which zones or encounters exist in the game today where you sit your druids in favour of healers with better rezzes?

And while we're on the subject of "the only healer without", well, i play a defiler, which currently has no functional DI spell. Since ours saves the tank to 15k HP, which in today's game pretty much result in the tank dying anyway 99% of the times it's used. THAT is a lot more detrimental than not having a good rez.. but at least i had a (uniquely) good rez to make up for my lack of a DI. Now you have wardens with 3 DIs AND a group block AND the good rez for backup...
  4. Rosie Active Member

Umm.. what is DI????
  5. Arieste Well-Known Member

"death intervention". spells used to counter various "autmatically kills you" attacks used by mobs.
  6. Atan Well-Known Member

Really, we're going to gripe cause the druid rez is finally fixed?

Did we just like standing around with our thumbs in our bums waiting to pull cause a dirty druid rez was used on someone?
    CelosSolec and Kuulei like this.
  7. Arieste Well-Known Member

Fixed implies that is was broken. It wasn't. Druids had a bad rez, because they had a crapton of other useful utility things - multiple (and functioning!) DIs, AE blockers, etc.

Seriously, I'll gladly trade my Defiler's good rez for 3 functioning DIs and an AE blocker any day of the week. Heck, i might even trade it for my ONE di actually working again next expac.

Given the current healing situation, druids were the class LEAST in need of getting additional goodies. You can't just keep giving EVERYTHING to the same class. But hey, i'm not even asking for it NOT to be given. I'm all for it - give them a good rez! Just give the rest of us something we're missing too. Share the love! Not everyone deleted their healer and rolled a druid, some of us still play other classes.
  8. Axterix Active Member

But you're not just asking for stuff, properly backed up with sound logic as to why it would be a good change. You're whining about another class getting a useful improvement, and trying to use that to demand more stuff. By doing so, you come across as, well, whiny and do nothing but alienate people that would otherwise support improvements for shaman.

You want a better DI? Make a case for it, with numbers, like how hard mobs hit and how much health the DI puts people at, with certain levels of potency/CB. You'll likely see plenty of non-shaman supporting the idea, instead of shooting your own thread in the foot and turning it into us vs them.

As for An AoE blocker, unlikely to happen before the expansion. New ability, probably come from AA, and all that. And, for that matter, major changes in healer balance are unlikely to happen until then either. Sucks, but that is the way it has been for a long time now. Probably unlikely to happen then as well.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

They didn't 'give' druids anything. They gave everyone that raids 5 minutes back of their life each raid night.

You're really being petty and looking at this the wrong way.
  10. thulia Active Member

You keep saying 3 Dis, whats the 3rd one cause i'm dieing to have it
  11. Hammdaddy Active Member

Only useless classes are like defilers/channelers/inqs and those two (channeler added this xpac) classes have been worse than mystic/druids since last expansion lets be real.
  12. Arieste Well-Known Member

I don't actually know. I just know that the warden i raid with has 3 DIs. I don't know what they're called. I'll ask him on saturday when i see him.

They gave raids yet another reason to never have any healers but druids in it. But anyhow, explain to me how exactly - in your mind - a druid having a no-sickness combat rez saves the raid 5 minutes each night. I'd love to know. Because as a defiler, I have a no-sickness rez. Which i use more than pretty much anyone in the raid - including dirges. And i gotta tell you, i must be doing something wrong, because it doesn't make our raids go any faster versus when we have druids. What it DOES do, is allow me to do at least ONE thing during a raid that a druid can't.

As i said though, I'm fully in favour of giving druids stuff. Just give the rest of us stuff too.

And hey, we should also give all healers and troubadors a rez sick cure spell. I mean, dirges have one, so everyone should, right? It'll save 5 minutes a night...

The case for druids getting a no sick rez was "can we have a no sick rez?", not exactly a massively supported thesis of why druids were so bad off that they now needed to get pretty much the only thing that they were missing versus other classes. There are pages and pages of well thought0-out and backed up requests for shamans to get various things. I merely thought that since apparently "just asking for stuff without justification" worked for druids, it might work for us too.
  13. thulia Active Member

Than stop posting stuff you have no idea about, i'm a raiding warden and we not have 3 Dis, we have a single like every other healer and a group one which can have 2 triggers with aa,(not the same as 2 separate Dis) and really you gonna cry about a stupid rez? you wanna cry about something cry about your 1 group cure that is so outdated that it only cures 1 detriment of each type.
    Tylia likes this.
  14. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Ok I keep seeing the word "Shamans" yet when I look at character creation I see no "Shaman" character...sorry for the dumb question but where are you getting the shaman from???
  15. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

It's the Archetype that Mystic and Defiler were originally part of. Just like Druid is the grouping for Fury/Warden.
  16. Torri Active Member

Pan, you're using "DI" as a blanket term for the death intervention spells, the thorns portion of the epic and cyclone I think.

Warden has two actual DIs that would be comparable to the crappy one you mentioned earlier, a single target one and a group one. They suffer from the same scaling problems as all other basic priest spell DIs and are just as worthless IMO Infuriating Thorns is part of the epic and is a three (four with AA) trigger stoneskin, more comparable to a Conjuror stoneskin that anything else. Cyclone is the endline of the Warden AA page, 10 seconds of total damage absorption.
    Kuulei likes this.
  17. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Please don't go dying on us. Just try to apply a little common sense, instead.

Wardens get Natures renewal (5m reuse single target), and Tunare's Watch (2m30s reuse).
    Then there is Cyclone (10s duration, 5m reuse). There is also Infuriating Thorns (12s duration, 1m30s reuse)

I am not here to argue whether or not Cyclone and Thorns are "DI's" as per the undisputed universal MMO rules handbook, just pointing out that I can easily understand why some people view them as a DI. On more occasions than I care to count, when a tank has asked for a death save, a warden has used cyclone...

So with that, I can definitely appreciate the angle Arieste is coming from. A druid asking for stuff in ToV would be akin to a Shadowknight asking for stuff in TSO. Both should be laughed out of the building.
  18. Hammdaddy Active Member

Honestly the only thing druids needs is more buttons that make me not have to heal. I did a 8 minute vu'lak without casting a single heal utilizing Protective instinct/spirit of druidism/stormcallers renewal/howling.
    Vitriol and Kuulei like this.
  19. Arieste Well-Known Member

so it's ok for druids to "cry about a stupid rez", but not for others? figures, just like shamans need to write dissertations on why they need any kind of improvements, whereas druids just say "can we have it" and are given.

Thanks Avirodar for listing the Warden DIs
  20. Dedith Well-Known Member

A couple things here.

I believe that the change of adding a no-rez-sick rez to druids was minor and in the grand scheme of things not really that impacting to balance. Although I'm sure this thread is making Kyle/Mike think twice about just agreeing to it at the panel.

However, if you're counting non-DIs as 'Death Saves' for druids, then why are you not counting Spirit Aegis (group ward), Soul Ward (powerful single target ward), Barrier Spirit (group ward), Ancestral Support (group ward), or Deathward/Death Cries (powerful single target ward)? I know I've heard of Soul Ward criting for more then my tank has health.

I will admit, the defiler is much stronger then the mystic for healing, and that in general ward feel weaker with the health/incoming damage changes of ToV. However, they can still be powerful.