Why is heroic gear now better than raid gear!

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Skwor, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Draylore Well-Known Member

I never said it wasn't already messed up. I actually have thought its been messed up since ToV launch. I believe there are a few forum topics about it as well. 2/3 Potent being better than 0/1 Energized.....how so many of the raid jewelery out of AS is less desirable than heroic.

But instead of fixing things they just messed it up even more.

IMO the risk -vs- reward out of AS was skewed wrong one way and now the risk -vs- reward in Labs is skewed wrong the other way.

Two wrongs does not make a right.

This is not about us -vs- them or jealousy like so many want it to be...it is about a broken system that does not make sense in terms of risk -vs- reward which should be a important foundation of any MMO.
  2. Kalika Well-Known Member

I fully agree,,raiding knowing that no loot will be better than heroic stuff that you wear was weird.
    So i went there for fun and to get people in arcane/Asolo gear equiped ;-)

and it's not only raid/heroic but also heroic/heroic. Yes accursed sanctum raid gear is worst than lab/betrayer gear
    which is a bit insane, but fabled HOV weapons are way better than the domination whose difficulty is much higher.
  3. Tigerr Well-Known Member

Its okay guys, AS was already easy, lets add another zone that is 100x easier with better loot. Since some stuff doesn't make sense and since I can wear the same pieces, just give us a /claim to get gear from Guardians. Its not like I won't be wearing it soon anyway yknow?.

AS compared to Lord Vyemm was probably 5x more difficult on break through. Lord Vyemm, with the gear from heroics is so easy that well, 24 completely random classes and players that have NEVER grouped or ran a solo can go in there and auto attack it to death. This does not qualify as content. It is just a loot pinata. It isin't fun, it isint challenging and honestly, its not much different than from HE. It is just 10x easier. With the examples given in the thread, why should I go out and try for certain special rare loot when I can take 5 minutes and camp the whole bottom floor and get 50 sets to put on the broker from the SoS lolfest?. Apparently I should just hang out in the guildhall since there is no reason to run any zone other than Guardians x4. Before atleast people were farming certain pieces from certain zones. Now, it is just "OHLOLLETSGOTOSOS". The most botched job I have ever seen on progression.

I loved the fact that the devs were focused on making challenging content and wanted people to go out and get stuff and actually made it feel like you yknow, accomplished something. They were pretty clear about not giving into the "gimme" crowd. This time, no one even asked for easier content, they just popped it in for no reason lol. Knew a decent x-pac was too good to be true.
  4. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Lord Vyemm is pretty easy, no challenge at all, true. The loot is good, but very few per boss. Yes, there some boses inside, but if they did not reduce lockout timer... hell its just another zone to do something at least. Before we got 2 raidzones.... ok, you can boost up to 5 (if you count good arena, djinn and pirates).
    But beside of guardian, there are all easy... some more some less, some with better loot some with lesser loot... but easy with no challenge ^^
  5. Atan Well-Known Member

There is a huge difference. Energized is itemized to just 4 sets, where potent is in 6 or 7 sets.

In many cases this makes potent better cause it has stats completely unavailable in energized. So there are many cases where 3gem potent is better than gemed energized, and oivergemmed potent blows energized out of the water. For example linkj me an energized tank chest with block chance.

This issue has been raised, but it fell on deaf ears since the final raid set is definitively better, they apparently seem uninterested in energized being worse than heroic.
  6. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Again what are you arguing about? It's not heroic that is better. It's other way to obtain em raid gear that happened to be overcharged. What do you really want? To remove this new option completely? You said yourself there is no good energized bp for your tank.

Good grief! I wish you people ******* relax already. Devs gave us more choices for em raid and you all complain your ***** off.
  7. Pownsta Member

QQ some more. About gear. Why should EQ2 be tailored to High end raiders only? About time the Dev's gave other people a option to get some nice peices w/o having to spend 20 hrs a week of raiding for. If you choose to raid, Cool raid on, but to QQ about other gear that other might get a chance at? I mean if you would think about it, it would still take alot of time and effort to even get the Overcharged gear/ So whats the difference. U raid 20 hrs a week, I play 20 hrs a week and u still get better gear than. Even if it is only 2% better. its better than mine.
  8. Pownsta Member

I like the loot from SOS and i love the fact that KOS zones give good loot too. The jewelry already got nerfed as well. But about time the DEV's gave the little guys a chance. Not everyone wants to spend 40 hrs a week playing to get geared up, to only have that gear good for a few months.

" and actually made it feel like you know, accomplished something " ??? Are we talking about a game, or what you might think is real life issues here. Its a game, that's all it is.
  9. Pownsta Member

There is always this option. if you dont like it, cancel your sub. game on!
  10. Pownsta Member

This is not about us -vs- them or jealousy like so many want it to be...it is about a broken system that does not make sense in terms of risk -vs- reward which should be a important foundation of any MMO.

I must say. I die alot. I mean alot. So risk vs reward. I get better at dieing 234/450
  11. Pownsta Member

Tell that to my 60+ raiders who see it as better and prefer it to energized. QQ some more.... really.... so what your saying is, the Dev's dont know what there doing and it was a bad idea??? I disagree with you and all your guild. ( tho i highly doubut 60 plus people in your guild, would fully agree with you on that statement.

NM it seems pointless to even bother with an opinion here anymore.( A+++++ )

SOE DEV's : THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR MAKING THIS CONTENT. We are having a great time and enjoy the time and effort of your work! Great Job!
  12. Tigerr Well-Known Member

Don't think you realize what is even going on here. The casual crowd comes in every single time with the "CASUAL POWER" /fist. Content has been very close to each other as is. This zone is not tuned correctly. I love how people make comments when they don't realize that it affects progression in the future, which is why a lot of people are worked up. Right now it'd be nice for me to get a set equivalent to raid gear in EQ1 cause I don't play EQ1 that much anymore. But I know if that happens, for my couple of days of "fun", It would probably mess progression up in the future. As soon as people see "raiders" say that content is easy, they jump on the "IT SHOULD BE EASY OMG OMG" bandwagon without even reading the thread. No joke, if it wasn't for people complaining about difficulty, you'd be able to log in for 3 minutes and kill raid mobs in solo zones.

No, you should not be able to get gear that is better than most jewelry in Guardians x4 because you play 20 hours a week.
  13. Pownsta Member

And were back at square 1 again. Should EQ2 Gear be tailored to raiders. Lets take a vote. I dont think it should be. Just because it takes you 24 people to kill 1 Boss and you get 1 super bad *** item that only you and your guild can have, doesnt mean that option should not be available to other people in a different way.

And believe me tiggie, i spend more than 20 hrs a week, thats a quote from a different post. Matter of fact I am raider myself, But i like the fact of what they have done for the little guys.

Eq2 needs a different direction, and this way, may bring more people to the game instead of the brain numbing raids that is currently in game. Some people dont want that, they want to Have fun.. YOUR fun is raiding, Your fun is not theres. They want something different, and SOE gave them that option. I am happy for them.
  14. Pownsta Member

And your sig,,, lvl 2 artsian 320 aa ?? and your a full time raider too? Maybe spend less time QQ'ing and spend more time maximizing your toon...:) just poking fun
  15. Atan Well-Known Member

If you read my post and understood it, heroic is better in the exact example I listed. I'm not even talking about the new gear.
  16. konofo Active Member

A lot of times (this being one of them), I find my position on an issue to be swayed primarily by the obnoxiousness of the proponents for each viewpoint. I thought I was solidly settled on this one, but here comes a new contender to even the scales!

kono
  17. Estred Well-Known Member

I think your missing where it's the mid/high raiders actually saying that this isn't really fair to the guilds not clearing into Guardian's Edifice.

Before the Fabled KoS Launch many people ran zones like High Keep (for Highroller/Band of the Band/Dungeon Cuffs) even after the Nerf to Highroller the Debuff is pretty good, but if you want DPS there are other items that are "pure" DPS procs. Now however with the introduction of all the XXX-Effect II items from Sanctum of Scaleborn Fabled, well the rate of groups for anything but Fabled KoS has dropped sharply.

Before the Fabled Raid-KoS Launch you had many guilds happilly progressing through Accursed Sanctum and feeling pretty good about it. After the launch most of those guilds who post or I have talked with have felt their progression in AS was a waste of time since they could have just been doing Heroics the entire time and been better off for it it when Fabled Labs came out.***

As I said earlier in a Side-By-Side image of all the "Raid" Gear Here is the progression.**
    0/1 Energized
    4/3 Potent AND 1/1 Energized*
    0/1 Mystical
    1/1 Mystical

* 1/1 Energized has about 50 more Mitigation.
    * 4/3 Potent has about 30 more Stamina and .1 more CB/Potency
    ** Sadly 4/3 Potent has 7 choices per slot where Energized has 4 so Energized 1/1 should be better for the 4 Slots it has available if you want the "other" combinations as a Player then take the slight hit and take 4/3 Potent. Thing is players don't take any negative for this, which makes 1/1 Energized all the less desirable.
    *** This whole issue stems from 3/3 Potent being better than 0/1 Energized as 4/3 Potent should have been in the place of progression that 3/3 Potent occupies now. The progression should have looked from Solo to End-Game:

Quested
    0/4 Cryptic
    1/4 Cryptic
    0/4 Arcane
    2/4 Cryptic
    1/4 Arcane
    3/4 Cryptic
    2/4 Arcane
    0/3 Potent
    4/4 Cryptic
    3/4 Arcane
    1/3 Potent
    4/4 Arcane
    2/3 Potent
    3/3 Potent
    0/1 Energized
    4/3 Potent
    1/1 Energized
    0/1 Mystical
    1/1 Mystical

As for "DPS" well the Arcane Fabled should be easier to get but slightly worse than Fabled Dread sets from SoS which should be more rare than they are.

Basic level T2 Gear trumps Fabled Halls, the guilds posting about Fabled Halls being too easy are mostly in Guardian's Edifice. This doesn't effect them but they do know people it does effect and the fact that an entire tier is in jeopardy of being obsolete before a new expansion troubles a number of us. This game cannot afford to step on it's own toes. Raiders want a clear raid progression and Non-Raiders want a bit of intermixing. Armor is not the place to do this except for "rare" drops.

Here are some examples of where the status-quo could be broken in the "ideal" progression.

Each Heroic Zone has a "Rare" Armor piece in addition to the Fabled-Arcane-DPS. This piece can be for purposes of this post entitled "Anomalous" Gear. This gear has a VERY rare drop chance (~1 or 2%) versus the Arcane DPS which seems to have a 8% Drop Rate and the Belt/Weapons drop rates down near 4% it seems. This gear has no Gem slots and is on par with 4/3 Potent except that you never have to set foot in a Raid Zone to get it, just need to grind them heroics all day. This does allow Non-Raiders who wish to never set foot in a Raid Setting to eventually get equipment on par with non-gemmed T1 Raid Armor, if not a tiny bit better.

Sadly this did not happen and now there is a huge question on weather or not Accursed Sanctum is worth running if your guild does not kill Legionnaires and Crumbling Emperor every run.
  18. konofo Active Member

I'm somewhat bemused that nine pages in, nobody has corrected Estred on calling the zone in question by the wrong name this entire time. There are a lot of halls within the Fabled Laboratory of Lord Vyemm, just none in the name. We already have enough Halls, no need to make more. ;)

kono
  19. Estred Well-Known Member

Lol, well I was trying to avoid having to type out "The Fabled Laboratory of Lord Vyemm" every time and most people also have been miscalling it Fabled Halls since well, they share the same Zone Layout. You're correct though that I have been calling it incorrectly and were I able to go back and edit all of those names for correctness I would, sadly though I cannot change the past.
  20. Pownsta Member

Estred : A few simple sentences would express how you feel about this. You dont like it, and you feel the gear total is out of alignment.

My point of view. EQ2 needs new direction. Its needs new a viable content. You as a Hard Core raider have that. Thats how you choose to play, you have that right. But not everyone shares those game play styles. To make content and have it worthy content, to attract new and old players to come play the game ( lets face it, EQ2 Population is hurting ) they have to do something. Too your standards, if they choose to do nothing, there wrong bye doing nothing, IF SOE does do something new, there wrong bye trying to make the game better. ( SO no matter how we would put your post into context, IT would be wrong of SOE to do anything.... I totally disagree with that.

AT least SOE DEV's took the time to come up with something fun for us too do. Better than Adding EQ2 too Game DUMP List..

Bottom line : Your HM Raid gear is better than what i can get out of heroics. So why fight the system?

Again, SOE Dev's Thanks for taking your time and helping the little guys and the casuals and part timers, and the people that dont raid, and giving them the option to have some cool in game items.