Why is heroic gear now better than raid gear!

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Skwor, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Skwor Active Member

Seriously with the new overcharged gems potent gear is now better than raid gear. Why would you ever think that makes sense? AS has now become pointless except as a flagging instance for TOV. All the raid armor in AS, even with a red gem, is now of lower quality than the heroic potent gear.

How does this make any sense? Please consider making those gems also able to overcharge the raid gear. As it stands raiders have been screwed over hard with this change.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

I actually found myself wanting to un-gem the Fractured Conversion Stone I used. It really sucks.
  3. Ucala Well-Known Member

well I mean, it tech is raid gear :p
    3/3 is heroic, 4/3 is raid though
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Technically yes, but he's right that it's completely Eclipsing Energized in all forms, which means Accursed is nigh worthless to run.
  5. Ucala Well-Known Member

do you not get red gems in AS? still need non crafted/non bought red gems for mysticals :p
    from what I hear alot of people are clearing AS in almost no time at all nowadays, /shrugs
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

Eh, true. I just don't like a tier of gear being trivialized entierly since Fabled Hall's is not much harder (if at all) than Accursed Sanctum. I don't quite have a problem with 4/3 being better, but I do have issue with how easy 4/3 is to get for a raid force versus Frac-Reds for Energized.

If Halls were harder perhaps but 4/3 Potent gear is pushing the stats of Mystical 0/1 Gear which I just have an issue with.
  7. Skwor Active Member

Actually the fabled zone halls is way easier than AS, it is a loot pinata requiring little more than tank and spank strats.
  8. Glassjaw Active Member

The only thing the 1/1 energized has over 4/3 potent is a considerable amount of mitigation which only certain classes might chase after.
  9. Malleria Well-Known Member

Would someone mind clarifying what is being discussed rq? As I understand it there are now overcharged green gems(?) from heroics(?) that can be placed into 3/3 potent gear to upgrade them further? I haven't been able to play recently, and won't be able to for a while yet, and none of this seems to be mentioned in the patch notes.
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

Which is a massive problem. In my mind, Fabled Halls is FAR to easy to be dropping gear that is almost on par with Mystical 0/1 Gear.

A zone easier than the zone dropping Fractured Reds grants upgrades over 1/1 Energized. This is completely backwards. I could understand if say they organized it:

0/1 Energized
    3/3 Potent
    1/1 Energized OR 4/3 Potent
    If they were almost interchangeable I would have no issues. Currently though if you have 1/1 Energized and your a min/maxer you have completely wasted your time because 4/3 Potent is easier to get AND it's better.

Keep in mind the difference between these four is about a 5% difference, it's almost negligible. It's still backwards in my mind.
  11. Shadowscale Active Member

almost like trying to discourage raiding.
    Kinya likes this.
  12. Tigerr Well-Known Member

This needs to be looked at. The zone is wayyyyyyy too easy for it to drop the stuff that it does. Seriously, made AS worthless and every zone that we farmed along with it. Raid armor= useless
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

I guess what I am really getting at is that a series of Tiers has been established.

Cryptic
    Arcane
    Potent
    Energized
    Mystical

Cryptic to Arcane and Arcane to Potent works just fine.

4/4 Cryptic is almost as good as 1/4 Arcane, but only BARELY worse.
    4/4 Arcane is almost as good as 1/3 Potent, again only BARELY worse.
    3/3 Potent is as good as 0/1 Energized, in fact it's better than it.
    1/1 Energized is better than 3/3 Potent, but only barely...
    4/3 Potent, which cannot be obtained if you use Energized Gear at all, therefor you shouldn't raid for it, is also better than 1/1 Energized, in fact it's almost as good as 0/1 Mystical.

Can anyone really tell me that it makes sense that gear which can be obtained by:
    - Grind Heroics to get the 3/3 Potent you want.
    - Go clear a zone easier than Accursed Sanctum
    - Get gear that is as good as Guardian's Edifiice if you do not have access to a LOT of Shining Red Gems.

4/3 Potent is pretty much endgame gear right now unless your guild is swimming in Shining Red Gems, or simply put... an Avatar Guild.
  14. Tigerr Well-Known Member

Agreed. No reason to have this sort of gear in this faceroll zone. It is WAYYYYYYY too easy. It is no joke easier than AS. We cleared it on an OFFNIGHT in no time.
  15. Foretold Well-Known Member

Yeah, this needs to be adjusted :S really disappointing.
  16. Jrel Well-Known Member

Some of us that ended up wasting etymas for the fractured red gemstones, instead of keeping our potents for mutagenic gemstones, are trying to petition right now to get our gear and etyma back, but the site is down.
  17. Foretold Well-Known Member

I want my six potent pieces back, too. So. Angry.
  18. Ainaree Well-Known Member

4/3 potent is .2 different than upgraded tier 1 raid gear. Sanctum and Labs are both incredibly easy. It doesn't compare to T2 raid gear, let alone the gear that will come after that. It is fine as is. Potent gear + 270 gems + raid upgrade drop is fair to be equal to t1 raid pattern + red gem.

This is only feedback that I don't mind the quality of it. I do think it sucks for all those people who crunched the gear that they did have because it's a waste if you already have one over the other.
    Hammdaddy and Kraeref like this.
  19. Uncle Active Member

most other summed this up but I want to add my .02 wasn't the reason that you all nerf the heroic gear cause though most of tov beta it had 4/4 gem slots was due to the fact it was better the red gear with a gem in it and you all didn't want to just up grade red/purple gem gear
  20. Estred Well-Known Member

Your right, both are easy, though Halls is easier than Sanctum and awards better quality gear if you invested time in grinding ToV: Heroics. I suppose my bigger issue now that I have had more time to get over my fury about it since Energized was already in a dubious position for content is just how easy Halls is.

So thanks for helping to diffuse my anger. I got a bit away with it in my posts above.
    These aren't identical slots but for those who like me, let their emotions run awry here is 1/1 Energized, 4/3 Potent, 0/1 Mystical and of course the "real endgame" of 1/1 Mystical.
    [IMG]

As you can see for the Shoulders slot here is the difference this is 4/3 Potent compared to 1/1 Energized.
    Stamina: +32
    STR/AGI/INT/WIS: +1
    Critical Bonus and Potency: +.1

So... I retract my angry posts, 4/3 Potent is almost identical my issue still is that why would I make 3/3 Potent into a Fractured Red Gemstone when as a Min/Max style of player I could have ran an equally easy zone and gotten +.2% better Gear?