Why is heroic gear now better than raid gear!

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Skwor, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Atan Well-Known Member

Tell that to my 60+ raiders who see it as better and prefer it to energized.
  2. Griffinhart Member

I can't help how others perceive the info, but it doesn't change the simple fact that there is no real or meaningful difference between the two armors in terms of quality. It's really just the path on getting them. One that requires doing heroic content, one that doesn't.

If the only real issue here is how some perceive Overloaded to be better when it's not really better, then It's not an itemization issue at all. Honestly, the most overloaded should be changed is to give them the same stats as Energized w/ gem. But, given as it make no difference I would much rather see them put effort elsewhere in the game rather than adjusting stuff that really doesn't need it.
  3. Eyenstein Member

I disagree that there is a big difference imo as with Potent BP I get 7 Choices. with Energized BP pattern I get 4 and none of those 4 are the one that I picked for Potent. My potent BP has block Chance I don't want to replace my Block Chance BP with a Mitigation BP if I am already set up the way I am I would rather Overcharge my potent bp then get the energized. Plus the xtra STA increase = More HPS how is that a bad thing?
    Jrel and Foretold like this.
  4. Skwor Active Member

Try looking at the HM gear you will see about the same difference as what you are saying is "no real diffrence" between overcharged and energized. Your argument doesn't hold up. So I guess HM gear really isn't better either then? than 4/3 potent overcharged? To use your own words "I can't help how others perceive the info, but it doesn't change the simple fact that there is no real or meaningful difference between the two armors in terms of quality"

So you don't want them adjusting gear, you don't want them changing content to match the qaulity of gear. Basically we are left with an "I win" button. Such reasoning is going to make this game boring and drive people away becuase they will get gear without any feeling of accomplishment. Sort of like giving everyone playing monopoly a billion dollars, afterall shouldn't everyone have fun becuase have a lot of money in momopoly is fun? See how long everyone plays then?
    Tigerr likes this.
  5. Tigerr Well-Known Member

Cmon man, helping weaker raids?. How much more can you close the already non existent gap?. ToV Potent gear gemmed out (doable by 99% of the population) is way more than enough to clear AS and start first 2 mobs in Guardians x4. This jewelry is just extra stuff in this candy land zone. It just limits the amount of jewelry that we have from the "harder" raids that actually require focus. The rare armor that drops in CONTESTED SoS (which is just LOL) is slightly better for certain classes than stuff from Vulaak/energized. If you can make up the HP elsewhere, there is no need to even wear raid gear or any of the potent stuff. Can just hit the broker and get the gear that has +potency on it as well as every other stat minus the +sta. Think I put 3 of those pieces on an alt and still maintained 400k+ hp with the right adorns etc.

How is it alright for mobs that people can duo to drop gear that is +60 potency higher than any gear any raider is going to get. Unless you have the mystical stuff, it really is pointless. Why would anyone ever trade 30 potency for 1 wep dmg bonus + 400 STA, unless they really need the HP. So what it comes down to is, the raiders wear 2 pieces of the "rare" gear and the rest with 4/3 or energized for the HP while the soloers wear a full set of rare stuff making them 10x more effective in groups?. How does that even make sense?. The progression is way out of wack with this. Before, there were only a few "rare" items that were well, RARE. Contested SoS made it so you can no joke just buy it off the broker and be 10x more effective.

Why not just have /claimable best of the best gear when people log in and start their brand new character?. It'll get them right ready for Guardians x4. Just LOL SoE. Seriously.
  6. Tigerr Well-Known Member

If you are going this route of insane itemization and screwing progression, might as well add "rare" armor to the 4th/5th and up mobs in Guardians X4. Hell, itemize it with "rare" stats PLUS the HP. Making it the best sets. You are already doing this with mobs that are duoable.
  7. Draylore Well-Known Member

The point is that 4/3 potent is gotten via beating much easier content than energized is and its "better". How much better it is is irrelevant.

The "...no real or meaningful difference between the two armors in terms of quality" comment is irrelevant ....for some....especially the top end raiders that .1 or that ~20STA is meaningful since it is the only thing to shoot for. Kinda the same as previous content HM -vs- EM gear.

Add to that the fact that potent offers more choice than energized per slot then 4/3 starts looking alot better than that .1 might indicate.

Labs should have been at least as difficult as AS in terms of mob scripts then perhaps this would make some sense...not much but some.

I do not have issue with the existence of overcharged potent gear specifically. .....just issue with it being attainable from much easier content than energized.
    Skwor, Mermut, Estred and 1 other person like this.
  8. Draylore Well-Known Member

Also....this problem is not just at the raid level. I am seeing items drop from the new fabled heroics that are better than Temple Labs or Halls or even Dom heroics........from zones/encounters that by comparison are laughable at best it terms of difficulty.
    Skwor and Everdog like this.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

You would be surprised what "high end" players do on "trash alts" even on their mains they have taken out bosses in Guardian's Edifice faster than the Dev's intended I think. The patch notes are evidence of how fast content was cleared since over half of the bosses killed by the top 10 to 15 guilds had to be patched within a week or so to fix some new bug.
    Skwor likes this.
  10. Rasttan Member

Why is everyone saying AS, or any zone except Dominion and ToV GE are hard, theres a real questionalble definition of hard here.
    We have had real easy = AS, and every VI zone except Dominion
    Now we have real real easy = the new fabled zones

Scripts are not defined by huge circles on the ground, gigantic vortexes on your head, and red text holding your hand telling you what to do. So while there is a tiny bit of paying attention in AS it is no where near what can be considered hard in anyway

At no point were any of these zones hard,

That about sums it up if your honest about the content

Since its all a snooze through sleepfest why care how the loot drops out of it, go get the best gear out of what ever zone it drops in like people have done since day 1 of this game.
  11. Tigerr Well-Known Member

Because before it was Heroic zones-----Vulaak-----AS----Guardians x4.

Now it is Easymode KoS garbage heroic/x4----Guardians x4. You could probably keep the KoS loot on for a VERY long time considering the stuff in guardians is not that much better. Making content useless with a free patch that requires no X-pac 2 months after people paid 60 bucks for an expac?.

AS is easy but, it is way more challenging than Lord Vyemm. I don't get the whole "Stuff was easy anyway, what does it matter" argument. Point is, there is now another platform for people to start in. It was SUPPOSED to be another branch of progression. It is not. This is like saying that it is okay for raid level stuff to drop in Crushbone because yknow, stuff is easy down the road anyway, they will get it sooner or later. Not one person had an issue with ToV heroic being so close in stats to ToV raid. People have a problem now because this update did nothing but provide good loot for VERY little work. Unless the raid gear from Guardians etc is going to be boosted by a bunch, zone either needs loot toned down or difficulty increased 20x.
    Skwor likes this.
  12. Tigerr Well-Known Member

Any devs going to look into this mess?

I actually thought ToV was one of the best expacs ever. It is extremely sad when stuff like this happens with no regard to progression.

That and, Xelgad/Ninja/etc were pretty clear about how they wanted progression to look and how they wanted people to work for their loot. If anything, they were moving away from "loldpsafk" mobs and making sure it wasn't a snooze fest. They were pretty against the idea of giving everything away to the "gimme" crowd.
    Skwor likes this.
  13. Jrel Well-Known Member

I appreciate they put in the new fabled zones. I think the new fabled raid zones were side-filler content in progression towards TOV x4. SOE gave us something else to do besides AS, and TOV; which is pretty cool. They didn't have to put in these zones at all, but I'm glad they did. Now they just need a bit of tweaking.
  14. Rasttan Member

Thats not the progression path, Potent armour offered better choices especially for tanks and thats what people are using until they get mythical. Potent = 7 choices, Energized has 4 choices, Potent BP and Legs from Dominion a harder zone then AS especially if you kill scorcher for the quest rewards. The problem of progression has been here since day one as Potent was allready a better choice for half a raid force. The better charms were from Heriocs the beter jewerly heriocs.

Thats were it stood until these zones came out
  15. Skwor Active Member

NM it seems pointless to even bother with an opinion here anymore.
  16. Kraeref Well-Known Member

It's b/c you cannot open up to a bigger picture. You've decided what you want to see in it and when people come with other opinions about new choices you pretty much see them unworthy of having one.

Every one has a choice to go different paths in gear progression. The name of your topic is wrong. Heroic GEAR is not better than raid gear. New fabled zones only drop gear that can be adorned with one sparkling green gem to a level of 3/3 potent, no higher. You've chosen not to see it.

Fable Labs is considered by devs as raid zone. No matter how many groups you run it with. This zone drops mutagenious gemstones (pink) to bring 3/3 potent gear to raid level. Each name drops a gemstone for different gear slot. If a heroic group desides to go into labs and get these gems good for them. They still run a raid zone, even an easy one as AS is. It drops nice jewelry too.

For me mutagenious gems are a gift. I am a chanter. Utility is usually at the bottom of a list getting gear and jewelry replaced for better ones. It's not a complaint, it's a truth. Damage mages or scouts go first. And they should. They bring dps to a raid. We get what is left or after when everyone is geared. And it's how it should be.
    So we run heroic often. After this update I can just bid for a mutagenious gem instead of energized gear and I don't have to wait long. Therefore, I don't understand your frustration.

Last thing but not least. Those groupies who gets their potent gear overcharged if they are able to complete labs with one group will stay with EM gear (equal only to energized). You as a raider will progress further into a hard content where you obtain hm raid armor. They won't b/c no pur can handle ToV fights. So you are always better off in any possible way.
  17. Tigerr Well-Known Member

So, its okay for raiders to HAVE to wear the Energized/Potent non rare pieces for the HP but soloers can wear a full set of Rare armor that is tradeable and it comes out to 100+ potency on TOP of the already sick stats + reforgeable stuff?.

That doesn't even make sense.
    So technically soloers are more effective in raids/groups whereas raiders with their RAID GEAR or even the 4/3 potent stuff are missing close to 100+ potency?. MAKES PERFECT SENSE.

Before the "rare" items with no HP were locked behind a rare box and there weren't that many of them. Even if you did get the rare from Vulaak etc, it took awhile to get it and it was balanced. Now?, every single slot that has a rare piece is upgradable off the broker for about 10 plat. Would you rather have 100+ potency + reforgeable stats and get HP up with adorns or would you wear raid gear/potent non rare and lose abunch of stats.

How are we even arguing about this, itemization is completely derp derp atm.
    Skwor and Everdog like this.
  18. Rasttan Member

Is there some barrier preventing you from wearing that gear? Not only can you have the energized gear, the potent gear, you can also have the new gear, where a soloer as you put it wont have potent or energized gear unless they do the zones or buy it in auction.
    You talk as if, you yourself can not in a cpl minutes cover yourselve with this new armour if you feel like it and still hit 1 macro and
    go back to your raid armour when you raid? You also can buy it for 10 plat a slot on the broker as you pointed out.

They cant be more effective when you can also put on said gear, and you know adorns will not equal
    7 slots of gear with 300-800 stam and +health on them, there will be thousands of stamina difference.
    Hundreds of thousands of HP difference.

You can not like it sure, but you can most definitly just as easily as anyone else obtain it, and wear it if you desire.
    Are you trying to say you dont want it tradable/sellable? because if thats the case just say it. I agree there
  19. Draylore Well-Known Member

How does the fact that he can obtain said gear change what is actually being discussed here? i.e itemization/progression/risk reward it out of whack. Point still stands....better gear available from easier content = bad.
  20. Rasttan Member

Because people are acting as if it wasn't already screwed up, they already were using heroic gear over raid gear. Everyone was using it Some of the potent, most of everyone's charms and most everyone's jewelry were heroic and the best choices over any raid options, most the weapons like the rares out of cruddy halls are better than AS weapons and on and on.

Click your own sig and tell me why you have so much heroic proc gear on, oh that's right it's better than the raid gear from AS
    Kraeref likes this.