Why is heroic gear now better than raid gear!

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Skwor, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Hirofortis Active Member

So any way to get the shattered red shards to actually drop in raids off bosses like promised? Yea, we have the recipe and can buy them for ouch 400 etyma, but I can go into labs and overcharge potent gear to as good as red gemmed energized. Need to make the fractured reg gems drop more so iot balances out with upgraded dang potent gear. as is the t1 raid gear is not balanced on getting it upgraded. :(
  2. Atan Well-Known Member

That's just it even upgraded energized is not better than 3/3 potent when there are stats on 3/3 potent that do not exist on energized and can not be reforged to.

Potent is itemized into more options 6 or 7 depending on class, where you only have 4 options in energized. If your class values one of the itemizations only available in potent, you as a player are not going to see energized as an upgrade rather it has a gem or not.

I'm currently wearing a gemmed energized chest, but I know if I had a 3 gem potent with block chance, it would be a far better piece for my character. This is just one example.

As far as having 6+ max crafter's, with the copious xp events in this game and the overly easy crafting xp changes, I don't consider 6 alt crafter's to be particularly outstanding.
  3. Pownsta Member

Keep the items and gear the way they are. Lets stop QQ'ing about items and raid more so you can get into the Myth gear. The topic would be a mute point.

Thank you soe for giving us little people something:) Thank you for your time and effort spent on the new updates with new fabled zones! Keep up the good work and bring us more please!
  4. Mae- Well-Known Member

Please please stop using this phrase if you don't even know the proper word... its a MOOT point. MOOT! M-O-O-T.
    Dethrayzin and Foretold like this.
  5. Wulwyrlyn Active Member

Seems like a mute point to me.

*giggle*
  6. Mae- Well-Known Member

/stab
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Maybe he thinks the point is a mime? :p
  8. Tigerr Well-Known Member

Only difference is, It can be done with 1 group cause Lolcontent.

After reading the NToV release coming out soon, I wonder if clearing 15/15 will be required to unlock it. I guess they are just launching easy zones now so they can launch NToV and not have people complain about content. Very happy to see NToV being the most challenging content ever. I always thought Guardians X4 was NToV to be honest.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

It had better require slaying Klandicar and the Consumer of Bones (I forget who is the "last" boss of Wing 2). It's supposedly akin to Plane of War in terms of difficulty so if we compare Launch PoW to current status... that stuffs going to be juicy to get and it's going to be darn hard to get.

Still I think Fabled Labs is too easy, it's not an accurate portrayal of a Raid Guilds quality or skill but rather their tenacity to burn through a horde of high hp trash.
  10. Kalika Well-Known Member

May be just take it as a way to gear your team, we cleared it very easily so we will do it each time we can reset and then switch to real raids.

Having some Pull Burn Loot content is not bad as long as we have something to chew.
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

That's actually a pretty good way to view it. A refreshing point for a thread like this.
  12. Atan Well-Known Member

Its content that is good for PUR. Its great to have, I'm not sure anyone here is upset with the content.
  13. Tigerr Well-Known Member

Hope thats the last of the "PUR" content. Gotta remember that with the gear being this close, you can't just have turn and burns. There has to be some sort of script involved that is going to eliminate that already nearly closed gap. Turn + Burn mobs when everyone has the exact same gear is not exactly a great idea.
  14. Balbasur Active Member

Not true, the first mobs should always be the easiest to encourage trial of ones upcoming.
  15. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Failing to see the issue with the Labs zone here:

• Content for lower progress guilds.
    • Content for potential pickup raids for those who aren't in raid guilds
    • Faster progression of gear into ToV x4
    • Labs doesn't make AS a moot zone. It provides an Alternative was of gearing up towards ToV, that doesn't mean the same zone night in night out.
    • Is the zone too easy? Possibly, but the only really amazing rewards are from Vyemm/Alzid, who are arguably harder than any other named in zone by a nice distance.
    Giving raiders more choice, more opportunity, and less chance of burnout, is a Good thing.
    Kraeref likes this.
  16. Daray Well-Known Member

This thread typically seems to be divided into 3 sides:

(1) Those who like obtaining raid-level quality gear from trivial heroics (overcharged by what is in effect a glorified heroic zone that can be pug'ed by an x2). This group typically doesn't/can't raid, so appreciate the current reward model.

(2) Those raiders with a primary focus in the non-endgame raid content (which makes up the majority of raiders). This large group of people feel as if they are working for nothing, because their gemmed Energized gear has been made completely obsolete by (1) above

(3) Those who are a little more indifferent, because they have their sights set on end-game content (mystical +), and, so far, heroic gear hasn't quite overtaken mystical quality (though it is getting close). Even so, certain classes in this group are already opting for Overcharged KoS STA-less stuff over Mystical (for the majority of raid content) due to the stat distributions.

Group 1 above is defending the current implementation, Group 2 is upset at the current implementation, and Group 3 are weary about what is to come as they are already seeing heroic gear encroaching on the best raid stuff available.

Those who can look objectively at the bigger itemisation picture, should be able to figure out what is "healthy" for this game. Itemisation needs to correctly reflect risk vs reward. Rewarding everyone equally just for participating (at any level of the game) doesn't work when some paths are considerably tougher than others.
    Atan, Mae- and Gaealiege like this.
  17. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

The difference between Energized and Overcharged is so minimal, they are basically the same item. If they'd made them the same stats, people would have complained about that too.

Overall I just see it as an added bonus for the raiders in this category, to have a bit of diversification. They'll still run AS for Jewelery, and both zones for Armor (Allowing x2 the speed of gearing).
  18. Atan Well-Known Member

Sorry but that just drives me bonkers, cause there are blue stats on potent not available on energized, if you value those stats, energized are worthless.
  19. Silzin Active Member

in my mind there is only 2 problems with this content release.

1st - the lack of communication about the existence of the Overcharged Gems. if the devs had told the players about them people would not be as mad ...

2nd - the Lack of Options on the Energized Patterns and the lack of STA. If the Energized Patterns had all of the "Normal" types of armor then the Potent Gear would not be as big of an upgrade for the players that Need that type of armor that is not in the Energized Patterns. Next (If it is needed) give the Energized gear with 1/1 the same STA at the 4/3 Pot and leave the difference in other stats to make up the differences.

this would give 2 true alternative paths to get to the ToV raid zone. 4/3 Pot or 1/1 Ener gear will get you there. Also these changes would not take very long to make.

(they would need to let the players that have Energized gear to swap it to the type they want)
  20. Balbasur Active Member

People who burned there gems need to learn patience is a virtue.